Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 06:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a delivery today

K-member is mild steel and weighs in at 23.4 Lbs

Lower a-arms mild steel with the ball joints weigh 8 Lbs a piece

Front bumper support weighs 3.4 Lbs

Old 01-10-2012, 08:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

^^^ nice. How much was the A arms? I will post up weight of my C/M k member when I get it.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ Awesome dude! Sucks that I ordered my k-member a month and a half before you and still haven't gotten it! I'd have done ordered a different one if this one wasn't paid for.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:20 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marksboy7
^^ Awesome dude! Sucks that I ordered my k-member a month and a half before you and still haven't gotten it! I'd have done ordered a different one if this one wasn't paid for.
Yours is at powder, and will be on it's way, his was M/S. We have a couple K-Members at powder now and othes in the process of being built.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:32 AM
On The Tree

Thanks guys! Sorry about complaining about the wait. It's just hard to understand why it's took so long. 11 months is a long time to wait on something haha
Old 01-11-2012, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

I like the bumper support! How much does the stock crap weight that gets replaced by the bumper support?
Old 01-11-2012, 02:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by camaroz28lt1at
I like the bumper support! How much does the stock crap weight that gets replaced by the bumper support?
Mine was 21.4 lbs with the foam and hardware.. so 18bs weight savings And I paid $375 for the lower a-arms I believe.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:49 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Thanks guys! Sorry about complaining about the wait. It's just hard to understand why it's took so long. 11 months is a long time to wait on something haha
When you have a couple guys in a small shop with no room for extra help plus do everything possible to keep cost down to pass the savings onto the customer time frame becomes our only down fall. With the small group of guys you get the peace of mind that these guys take all the extra steps possible to make sure they give you the best product possible. That is something we don't ever want to get away from either, we take huge pleasure taking care of our customers by their name not by their credit card number not only during the sale but for years afterwords.

We spend all summer testing our product and looking for ways to improve it, I guarantee no one puts as much testing into their product like we do from not only using it but installing it, as ease of installing is a huge part of a manufactures product.

We are always looking at improving everything and time frame is another thing we are working on. Finding shop help that keeps the same standards we do is not very easy thing to do.

We want to thank every and all of our customers.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:52 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

we do appreciate your patience on this matter... I did a production run of the mild steel k-members first, and now the chromemoly ones are in the process.

Some of the front end components, mainly the k-members, went through a manufacturing process change in order to make them easier to build, reduce weight, and still be the best value on the market, like most of the stuff we build is. Along with this has taken changes in laser cut bracketry, which is a something we have done by a local industrial job shop, and changes to fixtures as well. In the end it will be better for everybody and parts will ship out sooner, but it has taken a descent amount of time to get it to this point.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
When you have a couple guys in a small shop with no room for extra help plus do everything possible to keep cost down to pass the savings onto the customer time frame becomes our only down fall. With the small group of guys you get the peace of mind that these guys take all the extra steps possible to make sure they give you the best product possible. That is something we don't ever want to get away from either, we take huge pleasure taking care of our customers by their name not by their credit card number not only during the sale but for years afterwords.

We spend all summer testing our product and looking for ways to improve it, I guarantee no one puts as much testing into their product like we do from not only using it but installing it, as ease of installing is a huge part of a manufactures product.

We are always looking at improving everything and time frame is another thing we are working on. Finding shop help that keeps the same standards we do is not very easy thing to do.

We want to thank every and all of our customers.
This is why the wait is worth it and I was more than happy to place my order with you guys. Don't change a thing guys!
Old 01-12-2012, 03:05 PM
10 Second Club

I forgot to add I weighed my rear end the other day. It was 174.6 lbs. Here are the details:

- MWC 9 narrowed 2.5" per side backbraced
- Wavetrac
- Yukon thru-bolt aluminum center section
- Yukon 4.30 gears
- Strange 35 spline axles
- Fill cap and tow loops
- Backing plates were on with ARP studs
- No fluid

No brake rotors or caliper mounts were on it but I will get that weight before everything gets swapped over and compare it to the 10 bolt.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by djfury05
I forgot to add I weighed my rear end the other day. It was 174.6 lbs. Here are the details:

- MWC 9 narrowed 2.5" per side backbraced
- Wavetrac
- Yukon thru-bolt aluminum center section
- Yukon 4.30 gears
- Strange 35 spline axles
- Fill cap and tow loops
- Backing plates were on with ARP studs
- No fluid

No brake rotors or caliper mounts were on it but I will get that weight before everything gets swapped over and compare it to the 10 bolt.
More or less the same as mine, I guess the narrowing saved 18lbs. I wanted stock width, I have 4 sets of rims and tires.

I did have the Watts link as well, so those 2 bolts and the welded on mounts.

Last edited by RAMPANT; 01-12-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Just want to say how great these guys are to work with. i ordered a front bumper support and cowl delete kit, i know i asked alot of stupid questions but they answered every one and didnt mind doing it. i hate calling a company and it seems like they dont have the time to deal with you. so if your in the market for some stuff they do it all and are the cheapest around. thanks again guys
Old 01-13-2012, 10:06 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2QuikTA
This is why the wait is worth it and I was more than happy to place my order with you guys. Don't change a thing guys!
Thanks for the kind words.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:09 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2fast4u2catch
Just want to say how great these guys are to work with. i ordered a front bumper support and cowl delete kit, i know i asked alot of stupid questions but they answered every one and didnt mind doing it. i hate calling a company and it seems like they dont have the time to deal with you. so if your in the market for some stuff they do it all and are the cheapest around. thanks again guys
No problem at all. I rather enjoy talking shop and seeing what people are doing with their projects. Especially in the winter time since there is nothing going on automotive wise around here. You don't realize how much you miss going to the track, cruise nights, or just the local hang outs until it is winter time and you get really bored.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Is your K-member only LS specific? I'm thinking of a BBC swap in a '00 Z28. I'm planning on ordering a rearend from you guys, probably 3" narrowed.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Teching In

ls69ta- im currently doing a bbc turbo swap into my 94 camaro and i ordered a m/s k and arms from them. no motor mounts. as all the others its been awhile and well i still havent gotten mine but its worth going with them imo. i will be getting every susp part for my car thru mwc for sure. i would recommend calling and seeing what they can do for ya as they are always progressing and fine tuning their products for specific builds which is why they are the best. but fwiw and only reason im writing in this thread as i dont post much is to inform ya most bbc swaps are no motor mount k's with motorplates. but in the end call.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by shovel
ls69ta- im currently doing a bbc turbo swap into my 94 camaro and i ordered a m/s k and arms from them. no motor mounts. as all the others its been awhile and well i still havent gotten mine but its worth going with them imo. i will be getting every susp part for my car thru mwc for sure. i would recommend calling and seeing what they can do for ya as they are always progressing and fine tuning their products for specific builds which is why they are the best. but fwiw and only reason im writing in this thread as i dont post much is to inform ya most bbc swaps are no motor mount k's with motorplates. but in the end call.
Thanks for the reply. I knew BMR or someone made a k for the sbc/bbc swap but have found most pics have front/rear motorplates. I could probably use the same mount plates in my boat and just make brackets that mount those to the car so the motor will be rigged for both without changing any hardware at all.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Teching In

^ again i would say the best bet would be to give em a ring. your right bmr does make a bbc/sbc k that uses motor mounts. again im going with plates cuz they are better suited for what i wanna do. im sure they wouldnt mind putting mounts on the k for ya, but i cant speak for them therefor best to give em a call. i can say tho that they dont really "offer" the plates for the said swap and when i was speaking with them over the phone they had no hesitation to say they would figure it out and make me plates thru them. that was enough for me to kno they are committed to the customer. i would "try" to make my own but dont wanna mess up the alignment of the motor as i know they are set in at certain measurements/offsets for the drivetrain and i dont wanna mess that up.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by shovel
^ again i would say the best bet would be to give em a ring. your right bmr does make a bbc/sbc k that uses motor mounts. again im going with plates cuz they are better suited for what i wanna do. im sure they wouldnt mind putting mounts on the k for ya, but i cant speak for them therefor best to give em a call. i can say tho that they dont really "offer" the plates for the said swap and when i was speaking with them over the phone they had no hesitation to say they would figure it out and make me plates thru them. that was enough for me to kno they are committed to the customer. i would "try" to make my own but dont wanna mess up the alignment of the motor as i know they are set in at certain measurements/offsets for the drivetrain and i dont wanna mess that up.
Yea I'll definately give them a ring when it gets to that point. Gonna need a rearend from them anyway. Thanks again bro.

Quick Reply: Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics