Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

RaTech Rear end Rebuild to fix WAWAWA sound?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 02:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RaTech Rear end Rebuild to fix WAWAWA sound?

Ok so i was reading some threads because i have a droning wawawa sound that gets louder and louder the faster i go.

I was readin this thread and am thinkin about getting a rebuild kit since i cant afford a 12 bolt or entire new rearend.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ighlight=noise

I found this ratech kit for gear installs but it includes all kinds of other pieces including carrier and wheel bearings.
85-3001K Ratech Deluxe Gear Install Kit for GM 7.5" 10 Bolt on thunderracing for $122. Think that would fix my problem?
Old 05-03-2008, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

What's your pinion angle? If your angles are off, your u-joints will make that noise.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:01 PM
12 Second Club

pinion is -2, i adjusted it several weeks/months ago to make sure that wasnt the problem.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Staging Lane

Dont buy ratech. Thier shims are really cheap and you'll end up having to buy more to get them to fit right. Buy Yukons and you'll really be happy. The quality is ALOT better and you dont usually break thier parts to install them
Old 05-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Launching!

could be tires instead of your rear. just a thought.

I have used several ratech bering kits with no problem. You are just gonna use the bearings right?
Old 05-07-2008, 03:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01WS6er
could be tires instead of your rear. just a thought.

I have used several ratech bering kits with no problem. You are just gonna use the bearings right?
All 4 tires were balanced after it started happening and didnt fix it.

Well i really dont know anything about rear ends, is replacing the bearings something I can do at home? If i took it to a shop how much could i expect to pay in labor to have them rebuild the rear?
Old 05-07-2008, 06:04 PM
FormerVendor

If you have a press and puller you can change the bearings at home. IF you do not I would reccomend taking it to a shop that does differentials for a living. We carry a complete Master Timken Kit and Axle Bearing Kits. Give me a call or pm me and I will be happy to get you some pricing.

Jeff
Old 05-09-2008, 02:46 PM
12 Second Club

So it turns out the vibration i have at high speeds is because one of my ujoints is totally worn out, they said it has a lot of play in it. The wawawa sound is from the bearings, there was lots of metal shavings on the magnet and supposedly the vibrations from the ujoint probably caused the bearings to go bad is what im being told.