Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM Z28 Photos....?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 05:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gap4annie
Word is there was already a z28 built and tested at GM.
i really wish gm didnt take any of the bailout
Old 07-07-2009, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O
As much as I hate it also, if they didn't take the $ there would be no GM at this point.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was there someone else better inline to lend them some funds?
Old 07-07-2009, 11:25 PM
WANNABE GENIUS

Originally Posted by greysteel_M6
I very much agree with the comments about the current situation being mainly the fault of the unions, but I don't think the obama administration is going to mandate the big 3 to build small vehicles. I see them making that change through influence of our energy policy. The Z28 program was probably axed by an internal decision for PR reasons.
Yes, thank you!!! Finally someone with the courage to admit what we already know!!! This is all the fault of UNIONS!!! And the UAWs tyrannical bankrupting wrath doesnt stop there, oh no!! Those same contacts also apply to companies like John Deere who last year were horrified when they found that they.................had earnings of $2.05 billion...But theres also UAW griped CNH who...earned $825 million, up $266 million from 2007.... Well either way the point is why back up assumptions and allegations with facts when saying it is just so much easier and quicker.

Settle down congressmen. the Z/28 is just temporarily shelved and will be out soon enough. Car companies are soap operas the characters always die right in front of you and will be brought back to life.

Last edited by wannabess00; 07-08-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:01 AM
On The Tree

Give me time and I'll build a ZL1 cheaper than you can buy a Z/28.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by gap4annie
As much as I hate it also, if they didn't take the $ there would be no GM at this point.
bankruptcy > being controlled by the govt. and uaw. some really dont get how bad it will be with the uaw controlling gm.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:02 AM
TECH Regular

If they do build a Z28 it better have a stronger bottom end than the gt500's. Thats my only recommendation.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:43 PM
WANNABE GENIUS

bankruptcy > being controlled by the govt. and uaw. some really dont get how bad it will be with the uaw controlling gm.
Please tell us how??
Old 07-08-2009, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wannabess00
Please tell us how??
They now have to build what they are TOLD to build, not what they WANT to build. I don't see performance cars sticking around for much longer, they'll be forced to sell cars that get 30+ MPG based on the CAFE standard, because the Government owns them in a roundabout way.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:04 PM
WANNABE GENIUS

I have not seen GM cancel any products due to Govt decisions. Certainly there will be pressures put on for better fuel standards but that doesnt mean that GM isnt building a Z/28 because the govt told them not to. I think they are acting like a company that is low on money and carefully watching their steps. I would like to still see them offer a 5.3 Camaro but we'll see I guess
Old 07-09-2009, 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

it cant be any worse then gm controlling gm
Old 07-13-2009, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

the uaw isnt controlling anyone. they lost a small fortune by taking stock. it frees gm up from massive payments in the future and forces the UAW to play ball or watch their investment ( the stock) plummet. in time you will see this isnt a win for the UAW, plus they will have to eventually sell said stock and further allow gm to breathe.

and for those who keep on yapping about gm not making fun cars..

Bob Lutz is back, and after what seems like five minutes into his job as GM's new marketing kingpin, he's doing what he does best: making headlines. Rest assured that this is a good thing, as El Generalissimo Roberto Maximo told Automobile Magazine that yes, the Pontiac G8 will live on in the United States as the Chevy Caprice. So much for Fritz "I'm not a fan of rebadging" Henderson's statement to the contrary a couple of weeks ago.

"The last time we looked at [the G8], we decided that we would continue to import it as a Chevrolet. It is kind of too good to waste," Lutz told the mag. As for the G8 being "too good to waste": Amen to that, Bob. This also makes us wonder if law enforcement-grade models will be part of the deal with Holden to continue production. Chevy Caprice police cars? That's got a very familiar ring to it. The next question is whether a U.S. Caprice would mimic the Middle East-market Caprice, which is based on the long-wheelbase Holden Caprice/Statesman, or whether it will simply be a Chevy-badged version of the standard-wheelbase Holden Commodore/Pontiac G8/Chevrolet Lumina. Frankly, as long as there's ultimately a Caprice SS that is identical to the Pontiac G8 GXP in every critical way, we don't care.

In his conversation with Automobile, Lutz also essentially confirms that next year's Cadillac CTS coupe will be joined by a V-series variant, saying that the CTS-V coupe was the car that had most of the Presidential Task Force members' tongues wagging during the product-pipeline tour they were given by GM. Lutz even hints that a CTS-V wagon is not completely out of the question. (We'll take the wagon in brown, with the stick, Bob.)

On the bad news side, in a separate blog post, Automobile reports that Lutz kind of throws dirt on the idea of an LSA-powered Camaro Z28 (though he doesn't specifically state that the program's toast). He says that for "mainstream" sports models like the Camaro, powerful sixes (like the one in the Camaro LS and LT) and turbo fours (like the one used in the now-dead Cobalt SS, HHR SS and Solstice GXP) are more indicitive of the automaker's future direction in that regard. Hmmm. Well then, how about bolting a blower to the direct-injected V6?

Welcome back, Bob. This sounds like it could get pretty fun.
why would the task force be against building speed and power to topple the silly germans yet show up and drool over the cts-v coupe.

the z28 really no longer has a place just due to a scale issue. i'm sure if they go onto a 6th gen camaro with solid sales and people buying aftermarket GMPP stuff you might see a z28. but a 40k camaro would most likely sit on the lot or be very limited numbers where it isnt going to be worth building it.

The key is to build what can keep gm moving forward and with money in their pockets, not what people say they want and arent willing to buy. 9k+ camaros in june alone says that they are on the right track
Old 09-22-2009, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ReedBooth
They now have to build what they are TOLD to build, not what they WANT to build. I don't see performance cars sticking around for much longer, they'll be forced to sell cars that get 30+ MPG based on the CAFE standard, because the Government owns them in a roundabout way.
Seems like the z28 is back on the table, even with the gov "owning" them
Old 09-22-2009, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

So expensive Pony cars won't sell???

Tell that to Ford as the Shelbys seem to be doing just fine.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Staging Lane

awesome find indeed

Quick Reply: GM Z28 Photos....?