Gen 5 Camaro External Bolt-On Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What price you paid your 10' SS???

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 12:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2SS/RS/M6...everything but sunroof. Sticker was around $39..walked out just under $32k USAA/GMS and CASH discount.

Camaro5.com has a substantial list of "good" and "bad" dealers.

Best of luck,
Ivan
Old 04-10-2010, 07:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Karma
2SS/RS/M6...everything but sunroof. Sticker was around $39..walked out just under $32k USAA/GMS and CASH discount.

Camaro5.com has a substantial list of "good" and "bad" dealers.

Best of luck,
Ivan

best deal ever.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Staging Lane

I got my discount for working at the dealership
Sticker was 1SS 6speed Red Jewel $32,355
Discount $28,200
Trade 2002 Silverado 4,000
all said and done $23,500
Old 04-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
best deal ever.
Thanks...I guess it pays to know low people in high places??

LMAO...GMS/CUD/Cash...they like that crap.

-Ivan
Old 04-16-2010, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

Alright I think i finally talked the wife into getting an ls3 powered car and she wants a new camaro. Anyways can someone explain me the differences between the 1ss/2ss? I know manuals are usually faster than autos but all the car's ive ever owned have been standard and we are both tired of sitting in traffic 20-30min a day shifting. Is there any options that arent available in the 1ss that are on the 2ss? Anyone know what kind of discounts are available @ the moment? (I am military and usaa member)

I noticed it seems most folks are paying between 35-38k depending on options...
Old 04-16-2010, 10:55 AM
On The Tree

1SS is cloth, 2SS is leather. I drove both before I bought, and if my last several cars hadn't been automatics, I would have seriously thought about the auto. However, I've already done the cam and exhaust, and I'm working on heads and blower soon. If you're planning on modding the L99, remember that you'll have more costs involved due to the cylinder shut down mode.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by scottyk246
1SS is cloth, 2SS is leather. I drove both before I bought, and if my last several cars hadn't been automatics, I would have seriously thought about the auto. However, I've already done the cam and exhaust, and I'm working on heads and blower soon. If you're planning on modding the L99, remember that you'll have more costs involved due to the cylinder shut down mode.
Is that in the autos? Not sure what the cylinder shut down mode is....
Old 04-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99CamVanillaTop
Alright I think i finally talked the wife into getting an ls3 powered car and she wants a new camaro. Anyways can someone explain me the differences between the 1ss/2ss? I know manuals are usually faster than autos but all the car's ive ever owned have been standard and we are both tired of sitting in traffic 20-30min a day shifting. Is there any options that arent available in the 1ss that are on the 2ss? Anyone know what kind of discounts are available @ the moment? (I am military and usaa member)

I noticed it seems most folks are paying between 35-38k depending on options...
This may not be everything, but as far as I remember, the 2ss has these things over the 1ss:

Leather seats, door panels, steering wheel, etc.
Ambient lighting on door panel trim
Boston acoustics upgraded sound system
USB port for your music
steering wheel controls for stereo
power seats
heated seats
4 auxiliary console mount gauges

I'm sure there is more, but that should be most of it.

You can't get leather or the heated seats on the 1ss, but I think you can get most of the other stuff as options for the 1ss.

I don't think the auto is a bad car, with the 6 speed auto transmission it is much nicer than the gearing on the A4 4th gens. It is a little slower than the M6 version, with 26 less hp and redline at 6200 instead of 6600 for the LS3, but it is geared nicely, I say take it for a test drive and see if you like it. The A6 doesn't come with the LS3, it comes with an L99, which is similar but with AFM and the lower hp I mentioned.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rayhawk
This may not be everything, but as far as I remember, the 2ss has these things over the 1ss:

USB port for your music
power seats
heated seats

You can't get leather or the heated seats on the 1ss, but I think you can get most of the other stuff as options for the 1ss.

I don't think the auto is a bad car, with the 6 speed auto transmission it is much nicer than the gearing on the A4 4th gens. It is a little slower than the M6 version, with 26 less hp and redline at 6200 instead of 6600 for the LS3, but it is geared nicely, I say take it for a test drive and see if you like it. The A6 doesn't come with the LS3, it comes with an L99, which is similar but with AFM and the lower hp I mentioned.
Ahh damn, thanks for the info now i know what to look for. If the prices aren't off it sounds like we may get an m6.......Time for some test drives.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:53 PM
TECH Regular

They got a 2010 Camaro Super SS or something at the dealer by my house they want 135,000 I believe has a supercharged ls9 in it, and a havoc body kit... not sure if there was anything else done didn't really look. I'd rather get a ZR1 for that price though.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by rayhawk

USB port for your music
power seats
heated seats

I just purchased this 1SS/RS, has leather steering wheel, power seats, aux for I pod ect...I didnt want all the other options as I am a bare bones kinda person plus 2SS's are everywhere, 1SS are not.

MSRP $34k, Got supplier discount $750, saturn/pontiac discount $1000 and they dropped $2k. Gotta love buying the last day of the month

Old 05-03-2010, 11:37 AM
TECH Regular

What kind of financing are you guys getting? The dealer told me with 3-4k down on 38k TTL included, my payment would be around 650. I would hope with 5k down and 4-6% interest rate I could do it 72mo at 500/mo.

Quick Reply: What price you paid your 10' SS???