Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holding Out for 2014 Gen6 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 12:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Well solid axle or no doesnt change their reasoning. They will change it to cut costs, not bc its better/stronger at a drag strip or whatever. The reason they want it and the reason everyone else on this site wants it are completely different. And right when you get another email stating the 5th gen is getting the solid axle finally, and you rejoice, you will be seeing on the news that they pulled the plug on the whole damn car. Talk about a catch 22. To this date, every person I have seen driving a 5th gen has been a non-enthusiast. Call it profiling if you will, but if the shoe fits....
totally have to agree. i am ******* CONSTANTLY pulling up to ******* old women and ... i'll leave the others out. that arent in it because of what it is!

They are in it for the image. IT IS PATHETIC. and cars arent the only things... video games...clothes.. everything is just about profit. "how can i make money" No companies give a **** about making people like us happy.... its whatever will make the most dime. Its sick. i charge people fractions of what most charge to do work to cars... only because i like doing it, it keeps me busy... and i make someones day... seems like i am a dieing breed....
Old 03-23-2010, 04:45 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by bww3588
true, but if it *does* get a solid axle, i bet we see a corporate 8.5 10 bolt since the 12 bolt isint made anymore.
Talk was to use the same axle that the trailblazer ss got the 14 bolt or whatever that is.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Nemean
They wont do it because they cant. Now what i would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE for GM to do is move the weight back down into the 3400's capable of being 2900's with a 300 hp LS3 that breaths through a straw... so you put exhaust / intake and OMGZORS power... how hard would that be? then they could meet their standards... and make us happy...
care to enlighten us on how they "cant"?
Old 03-23-2010, 08:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

totally have to agree. i am ******* CONSTANTLY pulling up to ******* old women and ... i'll leave the others out. that arent in it because of what it is!

They are in it for the image. IT IS PATHETIC. and cars arent the only things... video games...clothes.. everything is just about profit. "how can i make money" No companies give a **** about making people like us happy.... its whatever will make the most dime. Its sick. i charge people fractions of what most charge to do work to cars... only because i like doing it, it keeps me busy... and i make someones day... seems like i am a dieing breed....

Have you taken a look on camaro5

90% of the people posting are ******* idiots and or its their first camaro, man they say the goofiest **** on there. Most of them jumped on the flavor of the week, but that means as soon as the flavor goes away you get cheaper used cars. But seriously man its like you have to have ******* brain damage to be accepted over there.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:57 AM
12 Second Club

welcome to mustang world....

the new Camaro has become a fashion statment, or look at me car just like the mustang has always been.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

That's funny, just the other day I was driving and saw a new black SS with limo tint windows and black wheels, all murdered out--
when I caught up to the car at the next light, the driver is a woman about 50 years old.

I think this may be the new vehicle demographic.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

This is kinda like what happened with the Scions. Marketed and targeted for teens and middle aged people were the ones ending up with them. Not saying camaros are specifically marketed towards younger buyers at all. Let's be honest, in the average world, when you are middle aged, you have more freedom to buy what you want, not what you can afford. Or at least what you can afford is a broader range anyway.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:20 AM
12 Second Club

yea, think about it, im 22 and in no position to buy a 30K+ car. when the 4th gens came out, it was the same way, untill the price dropped to where 18-25 age group could afford it. and its even worse now a days with the obama era putting the economy in the *******.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by bww3588
yea, think about it, im 22 and in no position to buy a 30K+ car. when the 4th gens came out, it was the same way, untill the price dropped to where 18-25 age group could afford it. and its even worse now a days with the obama era putting the economy in the *******.
So the economy was fine up until he took office? Did I miss something?
Old 03-23-2010, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by ss1129
Have you taken a look on camaro5

90% of the people posting are ******* idiots and or its their first camaro, man they say the goofiest **** on there. Most of them jumped on the flavor of the week, but that means as soon as the flavor goes away you get cheaper used cars. But seriously man its like you have to have ******* brain damage to be accepted over there.

I think camaro5 is a great site. Some dumb people but some really great people also. A lot of people on that site are really passionate about the car. Always coming up with new ideas, write ups, anything to improve the car you name it.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Teching In

No v8 = fail
Old 03-23-2010, 07:00 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pictures or this thread is useless. I gave up after reading the first page. Hypothetical arguing over a car 4 years away does nothing.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
I think camaro5 is a great site. Some dumb people but some really great people also. A lot of people on that site are really passionate about the car. Always coming up with new ideas, write ups, anything to improve the car you name it.
I would say for every 1 guy thats actually a Camaro fan there are 30 people that just want to be noticed. One guy seriously posted a thread about how he hates when people dont look at his car when he drives by. Yes that was a real thread, yes there are dozens upon dozens of threads similar to that.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ss1129
I would say for every 1 guy thats actually a Camaro fan there are 30 people that just want to be noticed. One guy seriously posted a thread about how he hates when people dont look at his car when he drives by. Yes that was a real thread, yes there are dozens upon dozens of threads similar to that.
I completely agree and this has been the people who have bought Corvette's and Mustang's in the past. Now that Chevy has made a Camaro to be competitive in the market and able to appeal to a wide range of people, the Camaro has the same break down of owners. It's the new "it" car. The same amount of enthusiasts are still buying the car, but the people filling the gap and making up the high sales numbers are the people you just described. If the new Camaro was only made to perform on the track with a SRA and stripped down on options to 3500 lbs. then it would selling only as much as the 4th gen did. Only enthusiast who were concerned with performance bought them and the mass populous stayed away. I think GM learned from that.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

id like to see the LS series gone and an all new revised DI LX or something
Old 03-24-2010, 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Birdcountry02
GM is already ahead of the curve offering a V6 with a power and mileage combo. Look how Ford's scrambling to try and outdo it because of how well its percieved in the publics eye, and Dodge is completly in the dust in this one probably never catching up

lolwut
Old 03-24-2010, 11:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread is all speculation. We know nothing about the 6th gen Camaro. Fail.

Cant we celebrate the return of the Camaro after a 8 year hiatus?
Old 03-25-2010, 12:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Well solid axle or no doesnt change their reasoning. They will change it to cut costs, not bc its better/stronger at a drag strip or whatever. The reason they want it and the reason everyone else on this site wants it are completely different. And right when you get another email stating the 5th gen is getting the solid axle finally, and you rejoice, you will be seeing on the news that they pulled the plug on the whole damn car. Talk about a catch 22. To this date, every person I have seen driving a 5th gen has been a non-enthusiast. Call it profiling if you will, but if the shoe fits....
i agree a hundred percent on the non enthusiast people buying them, my GF's best friend jus recently bought one, when i saw it i asked her what made u get a camaro, she said and i quote " cause i REALLY REALLY liked the way it looked, and when i test drove it it went fast,and has a sunrooof." after that i went inside doing this !!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2010, 12:55 AM
On The Tree

Well, at the rate HP output is rising, that turbo 6 in 2014 model with 425 HP will be just that- the v6 Camaro.
And the v8 will be putting out 550!

Of course, the car will weigh 4500 pounds.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:27 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm all for a 300 hp rating due to a choked motor (take an ls7 and put a 70mm tb on it with a choker exhaust) and just get the car down to 3300 lbs.

I'd rather have that... easier to unchoke the car then it is to get one down to fighting weight.

With the solid axle of course.

Quick Reply: Holding Out for 2014 Gen6 Camaro SS