Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kooks group purchase

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 05:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kooks group purchase

If anyone is looking for a set of the best headers made for their new 2010 check this link out. https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-g...-purchase.html
Old 03-16-2010, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

I would say ARH or Kooks is the best. I would have them in a heartbeat if I didnt have a warranty issue...
Old 03-17-2010, 03:09 PM
FormerVendor

Warranties are useless. It won't break with in the first 3/36k. They'll break right after that.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

The powertrain is warrantied 5 years/100k
Old 03-17-2010, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

what would LTs void? emissions equipment?
Old 03-17-2010, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Most are saying the entire powertrain unless you have a very forgiving dealership.

As you know when installing long tubes you have to do a tune. (well it is highly recommended) Once they detect a tune on the computer GAME OVER for the entire powertain warranty. They could link tranny or rear end failures to the torque managment being lessened or removed. They could blame a motor problem with the tune etc...

Supposedly livernois has an undetectable tune...but Im not sure I would trust it. Once a qualified technician sees the long tubes and no check engine light he would know the computer has been tweaked I am sure. Also in the future with updates to the scanning tools they might be able to detect the tune and so on.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:08 AM
FormerVendor

That's very true but again, how many stock LS3's can't make it 100k or five years. I've got a brand new G8 GT and couldn't make it past the summer last year with out voiding the warrenty. I just choice to use parts I could take out quickly if I had to (if you know what I mean). I pulled it in to get it washed the other day and the head service guy was asking me if I put a exhaust on it. I told him I had Corsa and he liked the way it sounded blah blah blah. Then he asked me how it sounded with the DOD on. I told him it didn't sound to bad but I turned that off a long time ago. Figured I'd keep that part to myself.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1

Supposedly livernois has an undetectable tune...but Im not sure I would trust it. Once a qualified technician sees the long tubes and no check engine light he would know the computer has been tweaked I am sure. Also in the future with updates to the scanning tools they might be able to detect the tune and so on.
The tune will be detected. Once the pcm is downloaded and sent back to GM, they can go into it and see if it has been altered. There is a calibration record in the pcm that cannot be altered. They knew this car was going to be modified and took measures to protect themselves from false warranty costs.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Supposedly they explained it as some type of coding that is removed once a pcm is tuned. According to livernois they have a way of tuning the vehicle while still keeping this code in the pcm. Dont know much else about it besides it costing 100 dollars extra I believe.

Quick Reply: Kooks group purchase