Gen 5 Camaro External Bolt-On Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It seems the 2011 Mustang Gt's performance was "Inflated" vs 2010 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010 | 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Where is that advantage and where is that fact? I guess you haven't noticed but the 5.0 is running high 12's too. That's still bolt-on LS1 territory and has been filmed. I wouldn't buy a mustang if it ran 11's bone stock and cost 20K. I could give a **** less if GM cares about me as long as they honor my warranty and keep making Camaro's I like. You want to talk about brand loyalty and your on LS1tech? Last time I checked only one power train manufacturer made the LS1. Prove to me with out a doubt that the 5.0 is faster and it's not a drivers race.

As for identical, 12.58=12.58. Currently that is the best, undisputed time for both cars. I think the Camaro has more of a potential to go faster than the GT simply because the platform has been out a little over a year and people are learning to drive it. The GT, even though it has a better motor, is essentially the same set-up dating back to '05.
Old 06-23-2010 | 12:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Look who I found:

Old 06-23-2010 | 04:17 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Dark SS
Maybe we're sick of hearing about it in LS1tech in a 2010 Camaro forum. If I gave a damn about the mustang I would go on a different site. I'm pretty sure that's the issue most of us have. D-bags coming on here to brag about a car that puts up identical numbers to an LS3 but some how is now gods gift to man.
No one makes you click on these threads.
Originally Posted by fdjizm
You have a very loose definition of "identical", but whatever floats your boat.
I was going to leave that part alone. .. but hey..
Old 06-23-2010 | 05:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dark SS
Where is that advantage and where is that fact? I guess you haven't noticed but the 5.0 is running high 12's too. That's still bolt-on LS1 territory and has been filmed. I wouldn't buy a mustang if it ran 11's bone stock and cost 20K. I could give a **** less if GM cares about me as long as they honor my warranty and keep making Camaro's I like. You want to talk about brand loyalty and your on LS1tech? Last time I checked only one power train manufacturer made the LS1. Prove to me with out a doubt that the 5.0 is faster and it's not a drivers race.

As for identical, 12.58=12.58. Currently that is the best, undisputed time for both cars. I think the Camaro has more of a potential to go faster than the GT simply because the platform has been out a little over a year and people are learning to drive it. The GT, even though it has a better motor, is essentially the same set-up dating back to '05.
it's actually 12.57 for the GT but I would expect you to ignore that.
just like you ignore performance tests where the GT puts down better handling numbers, and figure 8 numbers, and g forces, and also ignore the dyno tests where the GT is actually putting more power to the ground than the SS, but again I would expect you to ignore that. identical? only in your mind unfortunately, they are VERY close but identical, NO.

It's the same setup because it WORKS and mustang fans love the SRA, I know I would be mad if a solid rear axle came around and handled better than my "super advanced" IRS suspension, so AGAIN I would expect you to ignore all that.

I give props to the camaro it handles very well and puts up nice 1/4 times with the right driver, also has a pretty hot design, but again never seen one break 13.1 in real life, but I don't go around saying the camaro runs only 13.1 that would be pretty ignorant of me, as I don't blind myself to other vehicles like you're doing.

Good day to you sir
Old 06-23-2010 | 07:08 AM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

I give props to the mustang it handles very well and puts up nice 1/4 times with the right driver, also has a pretty hot design, but again never seen one break 13.1 in real life, but I don't go around saying the mustang runs only 13.1 that would be pretty ignorant of me, as I don't blind myself to other vehicles like you're doing.

Good day to you sir

You see how that can work.

LOL. Ford makes a car thats a drivers race to the new camaro and all the sudden every mustang nutswinger untucks their little peepees to come on tech and try and show us their *****....while 99.5% of the guys doing it dont own a 2011 gt. I dont get it. I never once registered on a Ford website over the last 12 years to do any thing of the such. "hey ford fans, you know the z28 beats the **** out of the gt right? In fact a 98 z28 will mop the floor with every gt from 1980 to 2010." You know why I dont do that.

A. Ford fans wont give a ****

and

B. Because its ******* stupid.

How about you go buy a 2011 GT and make it put up some of those numbers yourself then come here an tell us about it?

Fact is the 2011 GT hasnt done anything that hasnt already been seen. Its a stout car and its about time ford made one. Now, tuck your little **** back up between your legs and go back to your ford sites that get less traffic than the newly fucked up classifieds here.
Old 06-23-2010 | 07:16 AM
Banned

You're so angry inside, you poor thing lol

Let's get control of the cursing badboy temper tantrums dearest, don't be so sensitive on the internet.

Moving right along... just about ever race every done on any track on planet earth has been a "driver's race" cars don't drive themselves you know. I bet I can beat a funny car if he sits there and spins his tires on the track, that would be a driver's race wouldn't it?

You use the term "driver's race" just as loosely as you use the term "identical" now try to be an adult and reply without personally attacking or cursing at me, let's see how this goes...
Old 06-23-2010 | 07:37 AM
TECH Regular

You're so angry inside, you poor thing lol
I've seen 2-3 5th gen owners actually get mad because of this car. It just amazes me. They wont admit it's a faster car. I think they may tie in their ego with what they drive.
You use the term "driver's race" just as loosely as you use the term "identical"
The 2011 GT is a drivers race against the 5th Gen Camaro like the 03/04 Mach1s were a drivers race with a LS1 fbody.

But this time the GT has the advantage.

The 2011 GT hasn't even been out longer than two months. And it's already equaled/beaten the 5th gen times.

I have a feeling the 2011 GTs will see mid 12s a lot more than the 5th gen Camaro will.
Old 06-23-2010 | 08:02 AM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ke^in
I've seen 2-3 5th gen owners actually get mad because of this car. It just amazes me. They wont admit it's a faster car. I think they may tie in their ego with what they drive.

The 2011 GT is a drivers race against the 5th Gen Camaro like the 03/04 Mach1s were a drivers race with a LS1 fbody.

But this time the GT has the advantage.

The 2011 GT hasn't even been out longer than two months. And it's already equaled/beaten the 5th gen times.

I have a feeling the 2011 GTs will see mid 12s a lot more than the 5th gen Camaro will.

Nobody is mad over the car. Its ******* retards like you posting up every single link and vid you guys can find about the car.

Sure the car just came out. But the body has been out for 5 years. Its nothing new. Add 100hp to it and of course its gonna hit lower times quicker. All the good drivetrain parts and nitrous swap right over. Plus about 200lbs lighter means about 2 tenths quicker...which maybe on average it is? So there is nothing suprising with this car. Is it a good car? Yes. Is it a good performer? Yes. Thats not really debatable. Is it faster than the 2010 ss? Yes. By a lot? no. Is anyone really suprised by this?

But this car was supposed to be the car that wipes the floor with the camaro and its not. Its the car that competes pretty closely with the camaro. Nothing more, nothing less.

Other than that, I think I just heard a child cough in my office, and seeing as Im the only one here in a one person office that means it was some sort of ghost child so Im getting out of here for a few. ******* ghost child cougher!
Old 06-23-2010 | 08:15 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ss1129
Nobody is mad over the car.
Ok you are right. I shoudln't have projected anger onto people I don't know. I can say that "they" are however acting OVERTLY defensive about it. To the point where they start personally attacking people that are just stating facts. For example....
Its ******* retards like you posting up every single link and vid you guys can find about the car.
I think I posted one or two links since the car came out. This is the type of attacks I am referring to. Plus, if your rant was so just you'd not have to exaggerate. Also, most of the new threads, INCLUDING this one, are being posted by non-Mustang owners.
Sure the car just came out. But the body has been out for 5 years. And nothing new
Ok, because the body has anything to do with it? Unless you are referring to chasis/suspension. The latter has been upgraded. They handle better than the 2005.
Add 100hp to it and of course its gonna hit lower times quicker.
All the good drivetrain parts and nitrous swap right over. Plus about 200lbs lighter means about 2 tenths quicker...which maybe on average it is? So there is nothing suprising with this car.
It wasn't me that was surprised when the car, out of the showroom, is hitting 12.5s. I've been saying it would since it came out.
Is it a good car? Yes. Is it a good performer? Yes. Thats not really debatable. Is it faster than the 2010 ss? Yes. By a lot? no. Is anyone really suprised by this? We've been hearing from people all year about how it wont get much faster than it is. How it wont take to mods well. Well it has, and it will.
Then we agree. Why are you getting so upset?
But this car was supposed to be the car that wipes the floor with the camaro and its not.
I never once heard anyone in here saying it was going to wipe the floor with the 5th gen. Not once. If someone did, it was a newb, and they are probably banned by now.
Its the car that competes pretty closely with the camaro. Nothing more, nothing less.
Hell you could say that about the Mach1 and LS1 fbody as well. But in every conversation that was had about it, you couldn't get through a page without someone mentioning the LS1 fbody having the advantage. This is the same case. The cars are close at this stage. With the GT having the advantage. A year from now? Who knows.

BTW how many people have run 12.5s on a stock 5th gen? It seems like that's like running 12.8/9 with a stock LS1. I have a feeling more people are going to be hitting 12.5s stock in the GT. And it's "fastest freak time" will probably be in the 12.3 range. IMHO of course. But so far I've been spot on.
Old 06-23-2010 | 08:26 AM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

I think its a great car. Im not a fan of the rear still, but at least when I go to the drag strip and line up against a gt there will actually be the question of who will win. I persoannly think thats great.

Now if only Mustangs could get away from the stereotype of post menopausal women driving them and 2010 Camaros could get away from the former BMW/Lexus brainless yuppie **** that takes it to the track and runs a high 13 and thinks its a good time stereotype...then and only then might we get somewhere.
Old 06-23-2010 | 08:28 AM
Banned

Nobody is mad over the car. Its ******* retards like you posting up every single link and vid you guys can find about the car.

Sure the car just came out. But the body has been out for 5 years. Its nothing new. Add 100hp to it and of course its gonna hit lower times quicker. All the good drivetrain parts and nitrous swap right over. Plus about 200lbs lighter means about 2 tenths quicker...which maybe on average it is? So there is nothing suprising with this car. Is it a good car? Yes. Is it a good performer? Yes. Thats not really debatable. Is it faster than the 2010 ss? Yes. By a lot? no. Is anyone really suprised by this?

But this car was supposed to be the car that wipes the floor with the camaro and its not. Its the car that competes pretty closely with the camaro. Nothing more, nothing less.

Other than that, I think I just heard a child cough in my office, and seeing as Im the only one here in a one person office that means it was some sort of ghost child so Im getting out of here for a few. ******* ghost child cougher!

Not sure where you got "this car was supposed to wipe the floor with the camaro" who said that? I am a member of a bunch of mustang sites, I havent seen anyone say "the new mustang will demolish the new camaro" these are things that you make up then post and expect people to think it is reality.

You don't speak for everyone, learn to understand and accept that and also you let your anger get the best of you, you let a complete stranger on the internet get you so mad with facts about another car that you personally attack and curse at him? did anyone curse at you?

Raise the maturity level please. I can sit here and go back and forth all day without getting angry. you are not hurting my feelings by cursing just making yourself look younger than you are. I hope you realize that and adjust accordingly.
Old 06-23-2010 | 08:41 AM
TECH Regular

I think its a great car. Im not a fan of the rear still
Because on the drag-strip, a IRS is better suited than a SRA?
Now if only Mustangs could get away from the stereotype of post menopausal women driving them
I would guess only closed minded people hold such an imaginary stereotype. I think that may even fall under psychological projection/self defense mechanisms.
Old 06-23-2010 | 08:52 AM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

Not sure where you got "this car was supposed to wipe the floor with the camaro" who said that? I am a member of a bunch of mustang sites, I havent seen anyone say "the new mustang will demolish the new camaro" these are things that you make up then post and expect people to think it is reality.

You don't speak for everyone, learn to understand and accept that and also you let your anger get the best of you, you let a complete stranger on the internet get you so mad with facts about another car that you personally attack and curse at him? did anyone curse at you?

Raise the maturity level please. I can sit here and go back and forth all day without getting angry. you are not hurting my feelings by cursing just making yourself look younger than you are. I hope you realize that and adjust accordingly.

WOW, thanks for the life lesson. Ill let you know when I start posting on your ford sites to tell them I think the Camaro is better or a faster car. Wait maybe I did already. Lets see. Ive been on thirdgen.org since 2000 then tech since 05 and ls1.com around the same time, then camaro5 and banned like 15 times and moderncamaro.com (which is the best 5th gen site I might add).

Wait. Maybe I didnt post on any ford forums. LOL That would be retarded to post there just to tell them I like the Camaro better or I think its faster.

Wait, maybe I will register to the Packers forums to tell them I like the Bears better. That makes sense, surely they will care what I think.

No, nope. Thats stupid too.

Its pretty hard to comprehend that if you go into someone elses home to talk **** or tell them you like someone elses home better, that you're not going to get the best responses. And if you do it on purpose that makes you a troll. FDJIZM thats probably why you were banned from Camaro5. I got banned for being an ******* to you trolls because the average camaro owner there has a mangina and carries a purse and are worried if their watch and sunglasses match their cars.
Old 06-23-2010 | 09:53 AM
TECH Regular

Anyone that registers here to simply post that they like Ford better are idiots I agree. But so far, the people you are referring to aren't doing that.
Old 06-23-2010 | 10:06 AM
Banned

WOW, thanks for the life lesson. Ill let you know when I start posting on your ford sites to tell them I think the Camaro is better or a faster car. Wait maybe I did already. Lets see. Ive been on thirdgen.org since 2000 then tech since 05 and ls1.com around the same time, then camaro5 and banned like 15 times and moderncamaro.com (which is the best 5th gen site I might add).

Wait. Maybe I didnt post on any ford forums. LOL That would be retarded to post there just to tell them I like the Camaro better or I think its faster.

Wait, maybe I will register to the Packers forums to tell them I like the Bears better. That makes sense, surely they will care what I think.

No, nope. Thats stupid too.

Its pretty hard to comprehend that if you go into someone elses home to talk **** or tell them you like someone elses home better, that you're not going to get the best responses. And if you do it on purpose that makes you a troll. FDJIZM thats probably why you were banned from Camaro5. I got banned for being an ******* to you trolls because the average camaro owner there has a mangina and carries a purse and are worried if their watch and sunglasses match their cars.
Your rants go way off into left field.
There is no way that you can just type like an adult and maybe pay a bit of attention?
Your post is all focussed on me not what I typed about a car.
This thread is not about you, or me, it's about "inflated performance" on the mustang, the OP thinks they run slow by edmunds testing, when clearly they have run much faster just like camaro's have do you think that is sound thinking?

ignorance is bliss, but should it be accepted and not helped?
Old 06-23-2010 | 11:15 AM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ke^in
Because on the drag-strip, a IRS is better suited than a SRA?

I would guess only closed minded people hold such an imaginary stereotype. I think that may even fall under psychological projection/self defense mechanisms.

I was talking of the rear design of the car, not the SRA, I should of been more specific.

Sorry, I see more middle aged women driving mustangs than anything. Just like I see more midlife crisis guys driving the new camaro than anything. There are stereotypes for a reason...reasons based on odds.

If I see a 1994 Caprice on 26" rims, I can tell you that odds are its not a midlife crisis white guy, or a middle aged woman driving that car.

When I see a Prius with an Obama sticker I the car, I can tell you odds are its not a gangsta that has 3 possession convictions.

When I see a 1987 camaro with a "**** you" bumpersticker or suck, odds are its going to be Joe Dirt driving it.

So yes IMO most mustangs sell to middle aged women, except of course the GT500's. But I see plenty of middle aged women driving 6 bangers and gt's.

Just like I think the typical 5th gen owner is a toolbag. If you spend 10 minutes on a specific camaro website you would see why.
Old 06-23-2010 | 11:28 AM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

Your rants go way off into left field.
There is no way that you can just type like an adult and maybe pay a bit of attention?
Your post is all focussed on me not what I typed about a car.
This thread is not about you, or me, it's about "inflated performance" on the mustang, the OP thinks they run slow by edmunds testing, when clearly they have run much faster just like camaro's have do you think that is sound thinking?

ignorance is bliss, but should it be accepted and not helped?

You tell me to "raise the maturity level" yet you register here with the sole purpose of defending the mustang when 37 people are already saying the same things you said.

If you were a member here when the thread started you would know that the purpose of this thread was that the mustang isnt all it was cracked up to be. Its in the same ballpark as the Camaro. Nothing more, nothing less. If you would of made it to post #5 instead of reading post #1 then the last page you would of seen that.

Instead you register on ls1tech.com to tell everyone the mustang is the bees knees and have the audacity to tell me to raise the maturity level, when the whole reason your here is to stir **** up more than it has been.

Maybe, just maybe if you mustang nut swingers that are coming out of the woodwork to swing on the nuts of the 2011 GT, would post on mustang sites, they would have enough traffic to actually keep non-nutswingers there so you can have mustang conversations all by yourselves.

Did you guys really see anything near this level of "maturity" when the 2010 camaro came out and smoked the **** out of the 2010 Mustang GT? LOL probably not a lot of posts from camaro fans posting on mustang sites just to talk ****. Sure there are always idiots ice skating uphill, but not to the effect that the 2011 gt has brought to GM based websites.
Old 06-23-2010 | 11:28 AM
TECH Regular

Sorry, I see more middle aged women driving mustangs than anything. Just like I see more midlife crisis guys driving the new camaro than anything. There are stereotypes for a reason...reasons based on odds.
I guess it's different here. Maybe with V6 cars.
So yes IMO most mustangs sell to middle aged women, except of course the GT500's. But I see plenty of middle aged women driving 6 bangers and gt's.
Honestly I don't see many women driving GTs. If they are, they are usually automatic verts.
Just like I think the typical 5th gen owner is a toolbag. If you spend 10 minutes on a specific camaro website you would see why.
I see just as many women driving 5th gens as I do Mustangs. For some reason, a lot of nurses seem to own them. (at least where I live)
Old 06-23-2010 | 11:37 AM
Banned

You tell me to "raise the maturity level" yet you register here with the sole purpose of defending the mustang when 37 people are already saying the same things you said.

If you were a member here when the thread started you would know that the purpose of this thread was that the mustang isnt all it was cracked up to be. Its in the same ballpark as the Camaro. Nothing more, nothing less. If you would of made it to post #5 instead of reading post #1 then the last page you would of seen that.

Instead you register on ls1tech.com to tell everyone the mustang is the bees knees and have the audacity to tell me to raise the maturity level, when the whole reason your here is to stir **** up more than it has been.

Maybe, just maybe if you mustang nut swingers that are coming out of the woodwork to swing on the nuts of the 2011 GT, would post on mustang sites, they would have enough traffic to actually keep non-nutswingers there so you can have mustang conversations all by yourselves.

Did you guys really see anything near this level of "maturity" when the 2010 camaro came out and smoked the **** out of the 2010 Mustang GT? LOL probably not a lot of posts from camaro fans posting on mustang sites just to talk ****. Sure there are always idiots ice skating uphill, but not to the effect that the 2011 gt has brought to GM based websites.
Your maturity level shows in your anger and your constant cursing, you are clearly overly sensitive and you should know not to take what others says personally or to heart, the camaro is not a human, you are not your car, simmer down.

You are not fit to handle an internet debate on any subject, this will be my last post to you because you simply can't handle any kind of criticism, you are the only one in this thread flipping his top over what I posted.

good luck with that.
Old 06-23-2010 | 11:54 AM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

Again you complain of me swearing and being mad, but the post you quoted contains 0 swears. LOL Then you completely avoid the point of quoted post by saying Im angry. That was all you did on Camaro5 too, how did that work out for you?

Here my dear friend, I shall try not to hurt your feelings this time.

If you would refer to "It seems the 2011 Mustang GTs Performance was inflated vs the 2010 Camaro" thread post #5, you will see the OP explain his intention of the thread.

Now, look to the bottom right of this post. Do you see " <<First "

Click on that. Then scroll down to #5 and read. You will be delighted to know that nobody here thinks the 2011 gt is slow. You can rest assured that if you ever get one, it will indeed be just as fast if not a little faster than a 2010-2011 Camaro ss. So when you go to the drag strip you will have the advantage stock vs stock.

YAY for you.

BTW thats 2 posts in a row where I didnt swear.

Quick Reply: It seems the 2011 Mustang Gt's performance was "Inflated" vs 2010 Camaro