Gen 5 Camaro External Bolt-On Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It seems the 2011 Mustang Gt's performance was "Inflated" vs 2010 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010 | 06:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Dark SS
Basic physics doesn't use other factors like torque curve and usable power. Sure if you want to take HP vs. weight then the mustang should be a good amount faster and it's not. That what pro-mustang people in this thread refuse to acknowledge.
What exactly is a good amount faster? One second, half a second, 3/10s? How much faster would it need to be? Doesn't matter does it?

I have never heard of a 4th gen averaging 3600 lbs., that would mean some weigh more and some weigh less. 3600lbs. is about the most an f-body can weigh so that's inaccurate. I would say the average is 3500 based on how many 3450 Z28's I have seen.
I hope your kidding, convertibles, options, B4C models, auto, manual all these things can affect weight. You like 3500lb average better, Ok talk about splitting hairs.

I really don't because you seem to be so enamored with the 5.0 and yet it makes so much more power than a bolt-on LS1 and is closer in weight to an f-body. Yet I should appreciate it so much more than I am? I think ford did a great job getting the mustang to compete but I am still more impressed with the performance and package that Chevy offers. That's why I own one, which more then can be said about all the 5.0 fanboi's.
If I am enamored with anything its the 4th gen F-body thats why I own one. If your happy with the 5th gen package I'm happy for you. Frankly I think the car is too heavy and slightly overpriced but thats my opinion. You come off a little paranoid, this whole anybody who brings up the 5.0 is now a fanboi mentality is getting real old. You can't hardly talk about one without the other. Both cars compliment the other, the whole pony car war would not exist if it were not for these too platforms. So get off your high horses and get over it. Anytime anybody posts a thread regarding these two cars the post count goes off the chart. So you guys either enjoy all the bitching or have way to much free time.
Old 06-23-2010 | 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't care what you drive.........you'd have to be insane to NOT think this thread (and it's twin) has grown completely retarded. It is beyond salvaging, and all the useful information that can be had in here has already been chewed, spit out, and stomped on by fanboys of both brands. Those with level headed views have their posts completely ignored, and any wisdom dispensed is immediately ignored.

I was wrong.......moving this to the Lounge won't make this thread any more valuable.
Old 06-23-2010 | 08:11 PM
TECH Junkie

You ladies done yet? Seriously, how much longer should this thread continue before you say, "Forget it."
Old 06-24-2010 | 02:02 AM
TECH Regular

It shouldn't have really ever been posted in this section for one. And the topic was just flame-bait.
Old 06-24-2010 | 06:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ss1129
LOL. Ford makes a car thats a drivers race to the new camaro and all the sudden every mustang nutswinger untucks their little peepees to come on tech and try and show us their *****....while 99.5% of the guys doing it dont own a 2011 gt. I dont get it.
You're pretty uptight here, don'tcha think? The worst part of your above comment is that while you claim to THINK it... You're actually LOOKING! If you want them to go away... you can ignore them rather than gawking and talking about the "peepees." 99% of those complaining don't have a new Camaro either... What's your point?

I never once registered on a Ford website over the last 12 years to do any thing of the such. "hey ford fans, you know the z28 beats the **** out of the gt right? In fact a 98 z28 will mop the floor with every gt from 1980 to 2010." You know why I dont do that.

A. Ford fans wont give a ****

and

B. Because its ******* stupid.
C. could be because it isn't true/accurate... But who's lookin'...

How about you go buy a 2011 GT and make it put up some of those numbers yourself then come here an tell us about it?
Have you not heard enough already?

Fact is the 2011 GT hasnt done anything that hasnt already been seen. Its a stout car and its about time ford made one. Now, tuck your little **** back up between your legs and go back to your ford sites that get less traffic than the newly fucked up classifieds here.
There's that "uptight" attitude again... Reality is stronger than your hatred for whichever Ford products, I'm (not really) sorry to say. For starters, Ford has indeed offered factory stock Mustangs during most of the time from 2000 through today... Which have run 12's, NO MATTER how. Can't say the same about a Camaro... not even a little bit. Sure, there are those 1998-2002 and 2010 versions which have run 12's stock... But then there's 2003 through half of 2009 when it didn't happen. Argue till your head turns blue if you like... Most of us won't really care. That said, at least go out of your way to base that argument in FACTS rather than simply a bad attitude and a boulder on your shoulder. Otherwise you'll find it impossible to stand against the pressure.

Next, there's plenty going on in Ford based forums. I don't frequent them because I don't like the setup, and I have no real idea anymore as to content... Still, two have over 125,000 members and there are probably 500 of them aside from those 2. The real thing is, you bad-mouthed both the Ford based forums AND this forum in once sentence. IF that matters to you, perhaps a little extra thought would come in handy.

Too much anger... Not a good thing.
Old 06-24-2010 | 06:40 AM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

LOL I dont hate ford. 3 of my last 4 vehicle purchases have been ford. So Im pretty sure everything you just posted is failboat.

My only point is that if Im on a site for Land O Lakes butter, I dont need an ******* who likes Parkay better telling me about it in 65 different threads. Especially if he doesnt even use Parkay.

95 explorer
00 cougar
03 explorer
10 Camaro

My last 4 vehicle purchases because I hate ford so much. Half my family sells ford vehicles too. Pretty sure I dont hate ford.
Old 06-24-2010 | 06:49 AM
Banned

I think the big issue here is your anger problem and your oversensitivity.
Luckily I don't judge forums based on one crazy person, but if I did you would definitely make these people look bad, like you did on camaro5.

You can't control your anger, you can't stop cursing, and you're in your mid twenties. what does that say about you? yea I know what you are going to come back with because it's all you can say (i'm not the one on a GM site bla bla bla) you are still far worse acting like a 16yr old cursing and calling names. At least I can type like an adult and not stoop to your level.

This is a car forum I have read around and the majority (not including you) read up on other cars and want to actually know what they are up against just like ford boys do.

You sir are a unique and horrible snowflake on here.
Old 06-24-2010 | 06:53 AM
TECH Regular

LOL I dont hate ford. 3 of my last 4 vehicle purchases have been ford. So Im pretty sure everything you just posted is failboat.

My only point is that if Im on a site for Land O Lakes butter, I dont need an ******* who likes Parkay better telling me about it in 65 different threads. Especially if he doesnt even use Parkay.

95 explorer
00 cougar
03 explorer
10 Camaro

My last 4 vehicle purchases because I hate ford so much. Half my family sells ford vehicles too. Pretty sure I dont hate ford.
No you probably don't hate Ford. But for some reason the new 5.0 has made you act overly defensive.

Chevy more than likely will come out with a faster Camaro (not referring to the Z28) to compete. They always have.
Old 06-24-2010 | 07:09 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jeffreycastgsx
Can i say something? Take at the Motortrend video race, immediately the mustang pulls ahead (irs ftl), then by the the Camaro is catching the 5.0 QUICK. Then C&D's comparo shows the Camaro being FASTER, hmmm. MT got lucky and launched the crap out of the mustang, then they "accidently" dynoed in a lower gear that isnt 1:1 ratio and INFLATED the whp numbers, that evo performance Mustang didnt even come close to the 400whp with full bolt-ons. Lastly IF the mustang WAS faster mod for the camaro will be faster, plain and simple there is no replacement for displacement... or the MUCH bigger aftermarket. For the first time ever a mustang is supposedly "faster".

P.S. Yeah i drive a Ford SVT L, but im not blind by the truth, and im not a company nutswinger, i just drive cars that "perform" no matter the badge up front.
Idonno man... In nearly every actual test we've seen from whatever magazine, the new Mustang has beaten the Camaro. Not by much, but the only "catching" seems to be in the top end where the GT has a limiter of only 149(slow, I know). We've also seen "privateers" doing very well beyond that.

As for dyno's... I don't care for them much, but just because there's a claim of 1 silly error doesn't mean much. From what I saw, the Edmunds(InsideLine) Mustang made "close" to 400whp, when apparently stock, it laid down 395 and 365tq. Maybe I saw the wrong video... Maybe you did. Probably, it's the Edmunds dyno you're thinking of. I saw one tune+ bolt ons at 405 and another at 415rwhp. I have no idea what you're looking at, but we know without question there ARE tuned 2011 Mustang GT's out there making over 400rwhp N/A with only bolt on parts, We're not guessing... We've seen it. I'm sure you can find it on this site if you look.

The Camaro may be faster, but there IS replacement for displacement... It's called a stronger build(cubic dollars) and whether or not we like the facts, the Mustang with Modular power has proved to be INCREDIBLY strong on the dyno and the track. You can argue for displacement if you want... I'm not opposed. The facts remain and those facts tell us the small Modular engine is seriously capable when put together well. Any engine powering a vehicle into the mid 6's on the 1/4 mile is... STRONG! The Camaro isn't in that territory, even though it has the larger displacement. The LSX(not LSx) can do this for sure, near 511ci. I have no doubt... N/A to boot! That said, I'm not aware of any non Pro Stock Camaro besting 6.50 yet. My only point to saying that is, we WASTE TIME talking about what "could be" when what "is" hasn't changed.

It takes AN UTTER FOOL to say, "for the first time ever a Mustang is supposedly "faster." (and mean it). Either that or someone who hasn't EVER paid attention! Here's a little clue... The Mustang hit showrooms for the 1st time on April 17th, 1964... Think about that. I'm not sure WHAT blinded you, but something obviously did in order to make such glaring errors. I don't care WHATYA DRIVE! Facts won't change over that.
Old 06-24-2010 | 07:10 AM
TECH Addict

95 explorer
00 cougar
03 explorer
10 Camaro

Okay... So why so angry? Really... Why do you care so much that you'd openly lose your temper in an online forum over car talk??? I'm not offended... I just think it's odd.
Old 06-24-2010 | 07:19 AM
Banned

Unfortunately for him it takes a mature person to disagree with someone and not call them names, get overly mad, or curse at them in the process.
Old 06-24-2010 | 09:53 AM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by fdjizm
Unfortunately for him it takes a mature person to disagree with someone and not call them names, get overly mad, or curse at them in the process.

Im not mad, not at all, and I dont have any problems with the 5.0. I just dont like you. You're a troll and thats your sole purpose of being here. That was your sole purpose of being on C5 too. You can say Im immature or whatever, I dont care. Your a known troll from another site and you were running your mouth before the car even came out. It just flat out gets old hearing the same thing over and over and over.

You call me immature, but remember Im not the guy registered on a Ford site telling them I think Chevy is better.

Oh and Im sorry if my cursing hurts your ******* feelings. LOL
Old 06-24-2010 | 10:04 AM
TECH Regular

ss1129 you have no moral high ground here. You are being pretentiously condescending when talking to most everyone I've seen you talk to.

Fix your own issues before telling others to.
Old 06-24-2010 | 10:26 AM
Banned

Im not mad, not at all, and I dont have any problems with the 5.0. I just dont like you. You're a troll and thats your sole purpose of being here. That was your sole purpose of being on C5 too. You can say Im immature or whatever, I dont care. Your a known troll from another site and you were running your mouth before the car even came out. It just flat out gets old hearing the same thing over and over and over.

You call me immature, but remember Im not the guy registered on a Ford site telling them I think Chevy is better.

Oh and Im sorry if my cursing hurts your ******* feelings. LOL
You're so predictable with the "but i'm not the one who joined a forum etc", you cannot be over 18 with that mouth lol.

Your cursing doesn't hurt my feelings I am nowhere near as sensitive as you are, can't you tell? don't you understand you are showing how vulnerable and defensive you are by getting so angry on the internet?

You saying "i'm not mad not at all" is a bold faced lie, I didn't know people who weren't mad curse and name call other people and flip their wigs on the net like they are teenagers, I guess we have to re-define the word "mad" don't we?

p.s: act your age, and thanks for the entertainment
Old 06-24-2010 | 11:07 AM
On The Tree

Basically the thread in a nutshell.

The new mustang is faster than the 10 camaro by .3-.4 tenths of a second with similair drivers.

Congrats on finally being able to make the scene a challenge for once in 12-15 years?

NOW GTFO and let the door hit you in the A$$ on the way out.
Old 06-24-2010 | 11:25 AM
TECH Regular

REeeeaaAar
Old 06-24-2010 | 11:26 AM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by fdjizm
You saying "i'm not mad not at all" is a bold faced lie, I didn't know people who weren't mad curse and name call other people and flip their wigs on the net like they are teenagers, I guess we have to re-define the word "mad" don't we?

Thats because your a banker and Im a Marine.
Old 06-24-2010 | 11:37 AM
TECH Regular

I know plenty of Marines that don't cuss. And plenty of bankers that do.
Old 06-24-2010 | 12:00 PM
Banned

Thats because your a banker and Im a Marine.
I curse when talking to friends, when telling a story, during my day.
What I don't do is curse at people on the internet because I am so angry I can't contain it, why? because people on the internet don't have that power over me.

Loosen up hun.
Old 06-24-2010 | 12:36 PM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

Anyways let me know when you actually have the car that has compelled you to register on yet another gm site to tell everyone how great it. Ttfn hun. Btw you still ignored the fact that this thread was about how the two cars post similar times and was not a blowout as earlier though to be.

Quick Reply: It seems the 2011 Mustang Gt's performance was "Inflated" vs 2010 Camaro