Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 5.0 Mustang will kick Camaro's ass big time

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 11:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by teamfbody
i really HATE ppl who claim that they R LOYAl GM,Camaro,Trans Am,GTO,CorVette,CTS V,G8 etc.owners & lovers R part of sites like LS1tech,Camaro5.com etc. and become sellouts @ 1st everybody was on the 2010 Camaro bandwagon now they have become traitors to the ugly slow trash can ford mustank if u have that much confidence in that ugly 2011 ford mustank cancel your LS1tech account sell your GM car and buy a ford im GM 4 life itz GM R nuthin else i aint NEVER crossing over NEVER
I'm a GM fan and I can't stand Ford or Mustangs. But damn, man, you're being a little narrow minded. Let's just hope GM never goes out of business for your sake.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FOG52
So 335 whp would be more than adequate for 154 mph. What would it take for 174 mph?
it might not be enough. it's a matter of where on the rpm curve it does 155 at. at 155 the rmps are not near 5900 which would be peak out put on the engine. for speed of 174 to 176mph roughly 370+ to 390 hp.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:01 PM
TECH Regular

i really HATE ppl who claim that they R LOYAl GM,Camaro,Trans Am,GTO,CorVette,CTS V,G8 etc.owners & lovers R part of sites like LS1tech,Camaro5.com etc. and become sellouts @ 1st everybody was on the 2010 Camaro bandwagon now they have become traitors to the ugly slow trash can ford mustank if u have that much confidence in that ugly 2011 ford mustank cancel your LS1tech account sell your GM car and buy a ford im GM 4 life itz GM R nuthin else i aint NEVER crossing over NEVER
This has to be a mod's 2nd account or something. Someone has to be playing a joke. Tell me that's the case.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:07 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Ok this thread is also in trouble. Since it seems to have developed some decent respectful dialog it will stay. Being this is a 2010 Camaro forum it’s not the place to bash or provoke others. If you feel that way go to a Mustang message board and tell them how you feel, not here.
The 4th gen guys have been *** chapped since the 5th gen was proposed. It really makes their cars look dated and old. I think that this is their way of venting their frustration.
I like most all of them and have owned both brands.
Lets play nice.

Robin
Old 06-07-2010, 03:11 PM
On The Tree

Anyone notice they are pushing more commercials for the v6 wit the 305hp and 31mpg?

Sounds to me like they are playing there cards right and producing for the masses.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by 99CamVanillaTop
Anyone notice they are pushing more commercials for the v6 wit the 305hp and 31mpg?

Sounds to me like they are playing there cards right and producing for the masses.
Everyone needs to push the cars that help the CAFE numbers. I am still amazed at the CTS-V Cadillac comercials.

Robin
Old 06-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

And I hate people who type like ******* retards.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:20 PM

It don't matter. This is a public forum and we all have our own opinions so get over it. I don't need to have any type of credibility to make valid facts aand points. I can give a crap if your ugly GXP could "kick the carp" out of any stock 4.6 stang gt (my car is blown) and regardless, my car is 10 times nicer looking in stock form than any GXP. You should have least gotten a Camaro because camaro's are way nicer than your ride.

Originally Posted by old_goat
Sometimes when someone states something that is important, some listen, some don't. It's about credibility. For example a Ford fan comes into this website, but has just registered within the past 3 or 4 days doesn't have as much credibility as a person who has been on this site for a long period of time. For example, it's obvious to me that member gt2envy is a newbie troll, coming over here to take up for his precious Fords. Even if what he is stating has reason, he just doesn't have any credibility and he comes off as a big time Ford fanboi.

For another example, my bone stock GXP could kick the crap out of a bone stock 4.6 Mustang GT, hell I could even beat it with my air conditioner blowing full, however you won't see me going to any Mustang forums and talking s**t about it. When I visit Mustang and Challenger sites, I visit with respect, realizing I am a visitor in their 'house'.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

these threads just bring out the trolls
Old 06-07-2010, 05:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Old 06-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Staging Lane

looks like even if the car only made a max of 335 whp, it would still be able to get to the 155 mhp limit and still have some power to play with, but it would be impossible to do 174.4 mhp at bonneville with no governor. still the same to have a 335 max at the wheels means a 21% loss through the drivetrain. there is data on the net to show the drivetrain loss for the manual to be about 8.5%. with this loss percentage the bonneville speed and 155 mph limit are both possible. the car that ran bonneville was bone stock except for the governor being removed.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RomulusSmallBlock
i got a big problem with the camaro figures. i will use two examples: one will be mine and the other is the guy from bonneville. taking into account drivetrain lose of 8.5% the max out put of the camaro at the wheels is about 389 to 390 hp. the guy at bonneville did 174 mph (non-governored); the power required to over come the force of drag and rolling friction at the speed is about 380 to 390 hp. i topped my camaro out this weekend at 155 (governored); the hp to over come the force at that speed is about 267.1 hp, and probably not possible if the hp was 335 at the wheels was max power.
what the **** are you talking about? i dont think even YOU understand the things you're typing.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

LMAO!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kmracer
what the **** are you talking about? i dont think even YOU understand the things you're typing.
i do know what i am talking about, sorry. the text that you are quoting was an earlier text before crunching the numbers. i have posted my findings which prove the FOG2 guy correct on his 335 whp figure at reaching the 155 mph. next time read the post you might miss the word "probably" in an earlier post and in a later post comformation for or against.

Last edited by RomulusSmallBlock; 06-07-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:23 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2fo3KHupBM
watch this,this will bring all yall back to reality REAL QUICK.enough said
Old 06-07-2010, 06:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
And I hate people who type like ******* retards.
+1

Ain't that the truth.

Quick Reply: 2011 5.0 Mustang will kick Camaro's ass big time