Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4th Gen vs. 5th Gen profile comparo. *pic*

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 05:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by "MAC"
the fourth gen is faster because it is lighter than the fifth gen plus they are alot cheaper obviously but to be honest if the new fifth gen was 600 pounds lighter it would crush the new 5.0 and the new dodges if ford can make a car that weighs sub 2 tons im sure chevy can too!

4th gens are a lot cheaper Today. For those of us who bought them new (yes, some of us did), they were just as, if not more expensive for the time. Because the average 4th gen is a clapped out pile some kid has trashed doesn't make them any less worthy, but it gives reason to your argument. I don't have to wonder how to drop 600 lbs from my 5th gen, because I don't have a 5th gen- And that's because I DON'T WANT ONE OF THE UGLY BASTARDS.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by "MAC"
the fourth gen is faster because it is lighter than the fifth gen plus they are alot cheaper obviously but to be honest if the new fifth gen was 600 pounds lighter it would crush the new 5.0 and the new dodges if ford can make a car that weighs sub 2 tons im sure chevy can too!
A stock 4th gen is faster then a stock 5th gen LOL, I guess you learn something new everyday
Old 02-20-2012, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sweetC5
A stock 4th gen is faster then a stock 5th gen LOL, I guess you learn something new everyday

If you haven't got the memo, you're in for one hell of a shock.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:48 PM
TECH Regular

Unfortunate for me that I live in the real world then. I guess if I were to tell myself enough lies I would believe them too! Good luck with that.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:10 AM
TECH Addict

If the Gen 5 is so fast, you might want to teach your brothers how to drive them.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:44 AM
TECH Regular

My brother drives a 2000 T/A not a 5th gen, and ya most of them cant drive but why would I care. Look out when you run into one of us that can drive
Old 02-21-2012, 08:12 AM
TECH Addict

I'll be looking out, but rest assurred, not scared.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Lol I cant believe this thread is still going...bunch of silly *****.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:51 AM
TECH Regular

I hope not, unless one is trying to run you over! Then you might get a little scared, they are pretty heavy! LMAO
Old 02-21-2012, 09:53 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Lol I cant believe this thread is still going...bunch of silly *****.
Ya but you couldnt keep your self from coming in, the force is strong in this thread!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Staging Lane

You guys are funny.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Teching In

Worthless ******* thread that is at the top bugging the **** out of everyone.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Omg did I just get drawn into this **** again....? lol. I didn't realize this thread was still active. For the inferno; a fourth gen with lid/catback will certainly make a new fifth gen owner scratch their head. Fourth looks WAY better, performs just as good (with about 15-20rwhp in mods=lid/catcack and maybe tune), and is far lighter. Also, we don't have to worry about the transformers stigma, but hell...we're still getting over the Burt
Old 02-23-2012, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

A thorn that don't hurt is not thorn at all.... right?
Old 02-23-2012, 05:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Omg did I just get drawn into this **** again....? lol. I didn't realize this thread was still active. For the inferno; a fourth gen with lid/catback will certainly make a new fifth gen owner scratch their head. Fourth looks WAY better, performs just as good (with about 15-20rwhp in mods=lid/catcack and maybe tune), and is far lighter. Also, we don't have to worry about the transformers stigma, but hell...we're still getting over the Burt
As again, I had a brand new 2000 Z28 M6 I put on an SLP lid/flowmaster cat back and ordered chrome 17" 10 spoke wheels from SLP and put on new khumo's. Car ran 13.3@106.5 with a 2.1 60' consistantly and later went mid 11's right at 118 on a drag radial/factory weight, cam only.
My '11 go's easy 12.7-12.8 at or over 111 with a 2.0 60' bone freakin stock.
The car rides better, drives better, is quicker/faster, more comfortable, quieter, more stable and not to mention fun to drive. You 4th gen nut swingers keep up the faith and keep hating a 400 horse, V8, manual trans coupe that kicks ***. I remember when corvette and cobalt was the only choices the general had there for some years.
I'm amazed how people refuse to be happy with anything.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lol, i hear ya. But... just because you couldn't drive your car into the twelves on THAT track on THAT run, doesn't mean that it isn't done all over. I agree they are faster, but not fast'er' enough imo. K fair?
Old 02-24-2012, 06:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I dont know i just like old school better than new school always have, never really cared to have a new SS everyone has them where i am at.

it has nothing to do with price I spent 18k on my car alone last year, not including the 11 I paid for it, and I financed it simply cause I wanted to help my credit and did a short term loan with over a 450 payment so it definetly was not about looks ive always wanted a 4th gen ws-6 since they came out, and I got 28 grand total in my car and everything on it is new (including the bushings and ball joints) and itss still way cheeper than a new camaro and way way way faster now and I even have a ls3. I like the camaros but I think they could of done better and went with a frame that is not shared by a lumina
Old 02-24-2012, 07:20 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 82cetuner
I dont know i just like old school better than new school always have, never really cared to have a new SS everyone has them where i am at.

it has nothing to do with price I spent 18k on my car alone last year, not including the 11 I paid for it, and I financed it simply cause I wanted to help my credit and did a short term loan with over a 450 payment so it definetly was not about looks ive always wanted a 4th gen ws-6 since they came out, and I got 28 grand total in my car and everything on it is new (including the bushings and ball joints) and itss still way cheeper than a new camaro and way way way faster now and I even have a ls3. I like the camaros but I think they could of done better and went with a frame that is not shared by a lumina
You got what you want, thats what I'm talking about. I like the 4th gens to but wouldn't go back because they could have done better on the rear axle, window motors, flexing chassis, single exhaust, gas tank placement, clutch, junk interior, converter hump elimination, engine access, piston slap, oil useage. That enough?
Old 02-24-2012, 07:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

The 4th gen guys will never admit that the 5th gen is considerably faster from the factory and keeps the advantage when both cars are lightly modded. They stick to their guns because they beat one driven by a 65 year old man who has driven a camry for the last 20 years. I don't know why everyone continues to argue about this. Realize that you're not going to change anybody's mind and move on. It seems ever couple months a new 4th gen guy has to prove his car doesn't suck so he bumps the thread with some negative comment.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This thread is like a hot date with herpes...You know you shouldn’t enter, but here we are.

I am a Gen 4 guy. When I pass one that has a rumble to it, a pit # shoe polished on the glass or one just simply set up nice, they always ****** my attention. My wife makes fun of me for this, because she thinks they look like a Dodge Intrepid. The white trash pumping through my veins refuses to let go of the Catfish.

This being said, comparing them to the 5th Gen. is not fair. Not stock for stock, not mod for mod. And I'm just talking about the power output, the ability to move itself down the track or street. 4th Gen. owners, such as myself have nothing to hang head about. My 4th Gen. is paid for, mods and new motor has me with approx. 20k in it. My 5th Gen. is not paid for and was about 28k(brand new). My 4th Gen. is way faster for far less money, but is very moded. The Gen. 5 shocked me with how much power it actually does have. Once the warranty is up I will begin the mods. I can’t find it in myself to even mention the ride, handling, braking, ergonomics, engine accessibility, etc.... because my 4th Gen, just won’t add up.

I don’t understand why my fellow 4th Geners are boasting these silly claims that their stock 4th Gen. outperforms a stock 5th Gen. it isn’t possible. If you want to tell that to your friends, the guys at work or the neighborhood kids that’s cool, they will probably buy it. But don’t get on the most popular LS based forum in the world and make claims like this. It makes you look unknowledgeable and hurts the validity of anything else you post.

When I ask a question about something on here and someone gives me an idea or an answer, I go back and look at their past post to see if they are just some opinionated blow hard or if they actually have some knowledge to share. There are allot of post in this thread that I would look at and question the validity of any information I received from them, because it is obvious that this person is out of touch with reality. I figured this thread would have been locked by now. It seems to be leading to nowhere and has served very little purpose

Quick Reply: 4th Gen vs. 5th Gen profile comparo. *pic*