Gen 5 Camaro External Bolt-On Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

borla atak vs borla s type

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default borla atak vs borla s type

Hi guys want opinion and axleback exhaust right now running stock axleback with stock mullfers 2010 camaro 2 ss with kooks 1.7/8 long tube headers, vararam tuned model induction and I am on the fence as to what to buy for my rear exhaust may just go with axleback instead of catback but never heard borla atak in person only video clips on internet not sure to go with atak or borla s type suggestions? I know this seems do be a personal preference but is the atak that lound inside the car ? that's my main question

Last edited by torchred2014; 08-08-2014 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:25 PM
Teching In

It is all a matter of taste ,you need to listen to it live . I narrowed it down to the Stainless Works Retro and the MBRP XP 3 inch . In the end I liked the very deep non raspy sound of the MBRP XP . IMHO you need to decide by yourself after hearing it live and in person . The only one you need to satisfy is yourself .
Old 08-09-2014, 09:56 AM

thanks for the input and very true I just haven't had the luck to find one with that setup around where I live to hear in person, I would rather take my time than make a costly mistake that I am unhappy with will wait until I can hear it live first thanks
Old 08-19-2014, 06:06 PM
Staging Lane

I like the looks & sound of the Borla Atak. If I had an opportunity to get a good deal on the S-Type I definitely wouldn't pass it up either because it is a great sounding & looking exhaust as well, just that it's not quite as loud as the ATak I believe.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

I have the same question....I just received my S-Type exhaust last week and will install it either this Tuesday or Wednesday. I went with the S-type mainly because I was told by the good folks at Marylandspeed that the ATAK was a little much for my application. I am not looking for loud just something with a nice tone. I'm running Kooks stepped headers without cats. I have had a few people tell me the same thing Marylandspeed has told me.

The Videos on the web dont do any of the products justice. the only thing I saw that had a decent comparison was a video made by Borla that compared three of there products. I tried to find the link to post for you but cant find it anymore.

Good luck. Ill let you know once I get mine finished, how I like it.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

Got the S-Types installed today and thank god. Once I installed my stepped headers and deleted my cats....at WOT the car sounded like it had glass packs...super loud.

They S-Type changed the tone to deeper and not as high pitched or as loud. If your still interrested I can post a VIDEO for you tomorrow.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Banned

My friend has the Borla Atak catback on her SS, but still has manifolds and cats and it is fairly loud but sounds decent. It starts out a little tame at first, but when all the pipes etc get "seasoned" it gets progressively louder and sounds amazing. That was at the 4-5 month mark.

I had heard that the Atak coupled with LT headers is obnoxious. But that being said, that is all personal preference as some peeps like that.
When I had my SS I had Kooks headers and Solo Performance cat back which I liked a lot, and the same thing happened with mine. When I hit the 4-5 months of daily driving it all got sounding better and louder.

Last edited by nancygrl; 09-05-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Watch and listen to the video at the bottom of the page... it compares the sound of the touring, S-type and ATAK. The good stuff is toward the end of the video.

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...back-11801.htm
Old 10-05-2014, 01:29 AM

I ran DynaTechs and Borla ATAK Axelbacks on mine and it was loud as hell!! Sounded like a NASCAR race getting ready to start! I loved it! Sure made those ricers and pony boys scurry when they heard it coming!!
Old 12-22-2014, 05:51 PM
Staging Lane

Here is a sound clip of Kooks stepped headers, catless midpipes and Borla S-Type axleback.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:26 PM
Teching In

The Borla Atak is incredibly loud. One of the guys in our group ran ARH Headers no cats and the Borla Atak system. It sounded like a NASCAR machine cranking up. Needles to say his neighbors were not happy with his choice.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

If I had a 2010 and up Camaro I would get the Atak.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:25 PM
Teching In

I picked the Borka ATAK cutback for my 14' SS

Sent from my iPh5S using IB AutoGroup

Quick Reply: borla atak vs borla s type