Gen 5 Camaro Power-Adder Tech Supercharger, Turbo, Nitrous

ATI ProCharger Systems are now available!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 10:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I meant on a stock engine.
Procharger has been around for a long time and make serious power on a lot of cars.

Even the tuners that totally redesign Procharger systems to improve them have said the new Procharger system is good.
I just would like to see centris deliver a dyno that looks almost like a positive displacement blower or twin turbo on a 100% stock engine.
I know it can be done because tuners have modified centri systems to do so on a stock engine.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:02 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 427C5
I meant on a stock engine.
Procharger has been around for a long time and make serious power on a lot of cars.

Even the tuners that totally redesign Procharger systems to improve them have said the new Procharger system is good.
I just would like to see centris deliver a dyno that looks almost like a positive displacement blower or twin turbo on a 100% stock engine.
I know it can be done because tuners have modified centri systems to do so on a stock engine.
Tuners have added a restriction plate to the system to produce more boost sooner, with centrifical superchargers. What this does is to make the blower work harder than it normally would, but whenever you work a blower harder you are going to produce more heat. Some have claimed that the restriction plate works, but we haven't seen a reason to use one at EPP. Bob
Old 07-09-2009, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Tuners have added a restriction plate to the system to produce more boost sooner, with centrifical superchargers. What this does is to make the blower work harder than it normally would, but whenever you work a blower harder you are going to produce more heat. Some have claimed that the restriction plate works, but we haven't seen a reason to use one at EPP. Bob
Is there also a larger intercooler that we can upgrade to....what will the front mount handle for power as it is.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
No reason?
With the plate, they are making power EARLY, almost like a positive displacement blower. On the street, low/mid RPM power is crucial.

I am really interested in the idea about IAT's. It makes sense. What data do you have to support this? It's not that I don't believe you. It makes sense. But, I have not heard owners reporting elevated IAT's.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:45 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by scottywheels
Is there also a larger intercooler that we can upgrade to....what will the front mount handle for power as it is.
No upgrade yet for an even larger intercooler. I don't have any numbers yet on how much horsepower the ProCharger front mount can handle. It is going to take a built engine and a lot of boost to find the limit to this intercooler. Bob
Old 07-10-2009, 05:16 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 427C5
No reason?
With the plate, they are making power EARLY, almost like a positive displacement blower. On the street, low/mid RPM power is crucial.

I am really interested in the idea about IAT's. It makes sense. What data do you have to support this? It's not that I don't believe you. It makes sense. But, I have not heard owners reporting elevated IAT's.
I had a customer who totaled out his C6 Corvette this past Spring on a road when he lost traction is 3rd or 4th gear, it was basically a stock Corvette with an ATI ProCharger.
The reason I say I feel there is no reason to use a restrictor plate is that with 500 rwhp on tap, it is pretty easy to fry the tires as is. On street tires traction is a big problem without a plate, I just see a plate as a way of further reducing traction.

You won't find a lot of information regarding the use of restrictor plates, here is one link from the GTO Forum. http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168775 Bob
Old 07-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Staging Lane

wow i want one....... just picked up my black ss last week it only has 200 miles on it!
Old 07-12-2009, 06:27 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fastbillet
wow i want one....... just picked up my black ss last week it only has 200 miles on it!
Give me a call tomorrow at 260 244-4808 for a really good price. Thanks. Bob
Old 07-12-2009, 07:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

OMG those dyno numbers are amazing!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:58 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 99Ls1fever
OMG those dyno numbers are amazing!!!
Yes indeed! Bob
Old 07-24-2009, 05:48 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

$1000.00 for the installation and tune for the first 2010 SS we install a ProCharger system on! 260 244-4808 Bob
Old 07-24-2009, 06:30 AM
TECH Resident

Man I'm glad to see this, I didn't want to go PD on my SS when it gets here. I feel that with the big 20" wheels I didn't want the insta torque that a PD blower puts out on the street. I would rather have the boost come on a little slower since this isn't going to be a dedicated drag car. Bob if my car had arrived I'd take you up on the install. I was really hoping to try to squeeze 600 RWHP out of my stock LS3 with H/C, Exhaust & BOOST, maybe a little meth too since I have 2 other cars with meth injection. A stock SS will fry the stock tires on the street, so no need for the extra torque down low IMHO.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:32 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jamnut
Man I'm glad to see this, I didn't want to go PD on my SS when it gets here. I feel that with the big 20" wheels I didn't want the insta torque that a PD blower puts out on the street. I would rather have the boost come on a little slower since this isn't going to be a dedicated drag car. Bob if my car had arrived I'd take you up on the install. I was really hoping to try to squeeze 600 RWHP out of my stock LS3 with H/C, Exhaust & BOOST, maybe a little meth too since I have 2 other cars with meth injection. A stock SS will fry the stock tires on the street, so no need for the extra torque down low IMHO.
I totally agree with your way of thinking. Bob
Old 07-26-2009, 07:21 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1933

Fully installed price has been added. Bob
Old 07-31-2009, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by unit213
Not really. That's the same place the S197 Mustang GT kits have the filter too. You'd think it would suck in nothing but hot air and kill power badly, but it really doesn't.
Thats wrong..or maybe will not work like what you think on hot wather.
We have kit from them on my freind Truck (Denali 6.2) and when he got hot a tuned denali beat him badly.
we changed the air filter location and it is a day n night diff.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:04 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MoeDenali
Thats wrong..or maybe will not work like what you think on hot wather.
We have kit from them on my freind Truck (Denali 6.2) and when he got hot a tuned denali beat him badly.
we changed the air filter location and it is a day n night diff.
We are going to work on a hood that draws in air to the filter assembly, this should help quite a bit. Bob
Old 08-09-2009, 04:40 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

So how many people would be interested in a hood for the Camaro? Bob
Old 08-09-2009, 10:44 PM
TECH Resident

bob the graph is awesome. the only thing that really turns me off is what is with the 6200rpm? i think if that graph continues like that to 6800 i would replicate the same exact setup. what cam is that? is that f1a on a 402? psi? what gear are you running on that setup? its so purty i need info
Old 08-09-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Resident

i just read about the setup holy cow! luxery,comfort, and power im jealous. but im still curous as why are you shifting at just over 6k?
Old 08-10-2009, 04:21 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by airforcemanss
i just read about the setup holy cow! luxery,comfort, and power im jealous. but im still curous as why are you shifting at just over 6k?
Thanks! We basically just took a snapshot of the dyno graph up to 6200, as max rwhp had peaked. That doesn't mean that you can't continue to rev higher before you shift. We do our dyno pulls in 4th gear, and since the numbers had peaked we cropped it at 6200. Bob

Quick Reply: ATI ProCharger Systems are now available!