Gen 5 Camaro Power-Adder Tech Supercharger, Turbo, Nitrous

Spark Plug Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2023, 01:24 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spark Plug Recommendations?

Currently have a 2010 Camaro with a twin turbo set up I just purchased. Come spring I want to throw a set of plugs, change all fluids etc. Was curious what you guys would recommend. The car is on 18lbs of boost and currently tuned on e85. Would NGK tr8's be the right plug to use in this application or? I haven't had a chance to do anything with the car other than park it for the winter so I'm not sure what's in it currently as removing spark plugs when its -20 out isnt fun. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-15-2023, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be happy to provide you with some general spark plug recommendations, but please note that the specific spark plugs you should choose depend on your vehicle's make, model, and engine specifications. Always refer to your vehicle's owner's manual or consult a professional mechanic for the most accurate recommendations. Here are some popular spark plug options based on different needs:
  1. Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Plugs: Stick with the same brand and model of spark plugs that your vehicle's manufacturer recommends. They are designed to work optimally with your engine.
  2. Copper Spark Plugs: Copper plugs are traditional and provide good conductivity. They are suitable for older vehicles and may require more frequent replacement.
  3. Platinum Spark Plugs: Platinum plugs have a longer lifespan than copper plugs and offer better performance and fuel efficiency. They are a good middle ground for many vehicles.
  4. Iridium Spark Plugs: Iridium plugs are even more durable than platinum plugs and have a very fine electrode tip, providing excellent performance and longevity. They are often recommended for modern engines.
  5. Double Platinum or Double Iridium Plugs: These spark plugs have both the center electrode and ground electrode made of platinum or iridium, offering enhanced durability and performance.
  6. Cold vs. Hot Spark Plugs: The heat range of a spark plug determines its ability to dissipate heat. Cold plugs are designed for engines that run at higher temperatures, while hot plugs are suitable for engines that run cooler. Refer to your vehicle's specifications.
  7. Performance Spark Plugs: If you're looking for increased power and performance, you might consider high-performance spark plugs. However, these are usually recommended for modified engines.
  8. Pre-Gapped Plugs: Some spark plugs come pre-gapped, meaning the distance between the center and ground electrode is already set to the proper specification for your vehicle.
Remember to consider your vehicle's specific requirements, including its engine type, manufacturer recommendations, and any modifications you might have made. If in doubt, consult a mechanic or refer to your vehicle's manual for the best spark plug recommendations.
visit here: Age Calculator by Year
Old 08-24-2023, 05:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spark Plug of this line has always been the same, my car is in the same situation as yours.

Quick Reply: Spark Plug Recommendations?