Gen 5 Camaro Racing Tech, Results Drag racing, road racing, street racing. Share tech & results!

Well......we did it!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one has gutted a '10 yet to see what it can do? I think THAT would be impressive, considering what can be had based off the classic "drivability comfort" design of new cars.

Swiss cheese Camaro runs 10's bone stock, that will turn heads.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

car sounds great! those times are getting awfully low. if it is the bolt on record, congrats!
Old 08-28-2009, 03:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OrangeChevyII
Since the motor is untouched from the factory I'll call it a bone stock motor. It is what it is, when I put the cam in next week then we can call it a "Cam only" motor.

For now, its a bone stock motor. Just the way GM built it.
This is getting a little stupid..you ran good times for what you got,but you dont put bolt ons inside a motor.(stock internals heads & cam)...thats why they call it full bolt on car,which is what you have.when you get your cam it will be a full bolt on cam car.simple.....As for the car you say is not stock but the motor is the car has weight reduction and 18'drags 16'front..simple again..

When i ran 12.50's in mine with just a cai & tune i didn't say it was stock then,because it wasn't.......you have custom exhaust custom cai tune LG headers 18'drags 16'front a little nitrous kit and you consider your motor stock and untouched just the way gm built it...Take it in for warranty and see if gm agree's with you...

besides all the bu@#**** great times....what size cam r u going with?

Last edited by BADD ASS VHO; 08-28-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2010 Camaro goes 11s with stock internal motorHow's that.

I cant wait to see how it runs with a cam. I would have spent more time the way it is because I think there is more in it with a stock internal motor.
Better weather and removing the belt could be worth up to .3 to .4 tenths. and then you could do the gears.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BADD *** VHO
This is getting a little stupid..you ran good times for what you got,but you dont put bolt ons inside a motor.(stock internals heads & cam)...thats why they call it full bolt on car,which is what you have.when you get your cam it will be a full bolt on cam car.simple.....As for the car you say is not stock but the motor is the car has weight reduction and 18'drags 16'front..simple again..

When i ran 12.50's in mine with just a cai & tune i didn't say it was stock then,because it wasn't.......you have custom exhaust custom cai tune LG headers 18'drags 16'front a little nitrous kit and you consider your motor stock and untouched just the way gm built it...Take it in for warranty and see if gm agree's with you...

besides all the bu@#**** great times....what size cam r u going with?
Your logic makes my head hurt.
If the motor it self is untouched ,its stock. "Bolt ons" are just that, they bolt on the motor. Which leaves the motor it self stock.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
Your logic makes my head hurt.
If the motor it self is untouched ,its stock. "Bolt ons" are just that, they bolt on the motor. Which leaves the motor it self stock.
So in your mind if your wife goes out one night and let's a man undress her and touch her all over but he doesn't put anything in her is she still consider untouched? Get over it guys it's not that serious it's a high 11 second bolt on camaro. Nothing more nothing less
Old 08-28-2009, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So in your mind if your wife goes out one night and let's a man undress her and touch her all over but he doesn't put anything in her is she still consider untouched? Get over it guys it's not that serious it's a high 11 second bolt on camaro. Nothing more nothing less
If its not serious why do you feel like you need to correct his thread with your definition of "bolt on" ?

Im not married and the analogy you gave was terrible.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Congrats on the run. It's good to see someone out there kickin butt with the new camaro
Old 08-28-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If its not serious why do you feel like you need to correct his thread with your definition of "bolt on" ?

Im not married and the analogy you gave was terrible.
Then maybe it's a good thing your not married LOL.I really don't care we are building a 9 second camaro over at LMR for the LSX shootout ...
Old 08-28-2009, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Then maybe it's a good thing your not married LOL.I really don't care we are building a 9 second camaro over at LMR for the LSX shootout ...
Again, If you didnt care you wouldnt post in this thread.
Also wouldnt bother posting about a car getting built to run 9's.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Since the motor is untouched from the factory I'll call it a bone stock motor. It is what it is, when I put the cam in next week then we can call it a "Cam only" motor.

For now, its a bone stock motor. Just the way GM built it.
its a fast car but he is right its not BONE STOCK...GM did not build it with your Intake and exhaust..

face it your a bolt on car an very fast bolt on car, so way to go
Old 08-28-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Again, If you didnt care you wouldnt post in this thread.
Also wouldnt bother posting about a car getting built to run 9's.
So basically now your saying that apparentily I am jealous of a 2010 camaro that runs 11.8's..even though this is not your car when your friend puts his cam in I'll race him with my wife's camaro and put your money where your mouth is we can do the race here or there which ever is better for you and if you want to spray let me know and I'll hook up a kit too..
The reason I mentioned a 9 second camaro is because that is what we'll be using for competition.....I'll use my wife's 2010 camaro to race in your friends class..

Last edited by BADD ASS VHO; 08-28-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Good god, let it go already. Some of you guys will argue about anything, "OMG, you changed the oil, its not stock anymore."
Old 08-28-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

so when you get beat by a BONE STOCK aka pulley and ported cobra you will think differently
Old 08-28-2009, 09:47 PM
Banned

The motor is bone stock......bolts do not change the motor. So the motor is 100% untouched=bone stock motor. For now, its a bone stock motor. Just the way GM built it.
i dont agree with your logic, you say the motor is "bone Stock from GM" but every mod you have effects the horsepower and torque output of the motor.

i could have a car with gears, slicks, stalled converter, headers, full exhaust, pullies, bolt on a 200 shot of nitrous, intake, throttle body, hell i might as well just bolt on a procharger while im at it and when i run a 10 sec. 1/4 i will walk around saying yeah guys the motor is just the way GM built it.... bone stock

are you kidding me???

a car with just a tune will run stronger and a few tenths faster than a stock tune car, so just a tune by itself makes the motor "not stock" cuz GM didnt tune it that way...

are you wanting to get in a "stock internal" competition? guys have ran mid 10 sec 1/4 mi. or faster with stock internals

you can take an auto. car and add a stall, gears, slicks, headers, full exhaust, intake, TB, weight reduction, pullies, tune etc. etc. and when you run a 10 sec 1/4 mile you can still say the engine is bone stock by your means right?

you got a nice car and im glad you're having fun with it but please stop this im "stock" crap

heres your first hint

IF IT HAS A TUNE, IT'S NOT STOCK!!!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lol, its a stock motor.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

Geeeeezus, the thread went to the failboat right after the second or third post.

Car has a stock longblock, never been "cracked" open, granted...Kudos 4 you...But... Far from the "stock EnGiNe" claim... This car has a rumor of spraying a 200 shot of gogo.

The 4 mph gain from a bigger filter is fishy also... I guess you all should go get a custom 22 inch k&n and get 7mph trap gain.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tittan1500
its a fast car but he is right its not BONE STOCK...GM did not build it with your Intake and exhaust..

face it your a bolt on car an very fast bolt on car, so way to go
Agreed, there has to be some consensus on the terminology here, once a car has been modified in any shape or form, then it's no longer "bone stock."
Old 08-29-2009, 07:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Some of you guys are morons!

He clearly stated its a 100 percent stock motor, WITH boltons...DUR!
Old 08-29-2009, 07:50 AM
TECH Junkie

I believe this is the fastest 100% bone stock engine bolt on Camaro in the country. Weight tonight was an even 3800#'s.

Quick Reply: Well......we did it!