Gen 5 Camaro Tuning, Diagnostics, Dyno results Tuning problems, solutions, dyno results for Gen 5 Camaro

Sct mail order tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 06:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sct mail order tune

Hello Everyone,

I just purchased a cam smaller pulley injectors and fuel pump for my setup. I plan on installing all of this when it gets warm. My setup would then be the following:

2010 SS Ls3 m6
Edelbrock eforce supercharger
3.0 inch pulley
Roto-fab Cai
Stainless power long tube headers
No cats
Id 850 injectors
Lpe dual pump fuel pump
215/246 603/615 120 cam

I currently have a sct tuner that came with the supercharger. I am looking for a good mail order tuner. Most people I've seen using hptuners so thats why I'm asking. There aren't any good tuners near me so I'm going for the mail order route.

Please let me know if you guys can help.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by oachalon
Hello Everyone,

I just purchased a cam smaller pulley injectors and fuel pump for my setup. I plan on installing all of this when it gets warm. My setup would then be the following:

2010 SS Ls3 m6
Edelbrock eforce supercharger
3.0 inch pulley
Roto-fab Cai
Stainless power long tube headers
No cats
Id 850 injectors
Lpe dual pump fuel pump
215/246 603/615 120 cam

I currently have a sct tuner that came with the supercharger. I am looking for a good mail order tuner. Most people I've seen using hptuners so thats why I'm asking. There aren't any good tuners near me so I'm going for the mail order route.

Please let me know if you guys can help.
Honestly I don't know who you can call for a remote tune with SCT. I will say stay away from Jannetty. I don't care how much you log for him he will not get it right. I sat next to him for an hour tuning my car and it was still bad. I picked my car up from Slowhawk's today. Let's just say it's all about the tuner. My car shifts, idles, and the overall feel of the car is so much better. I kick myself in the *** now for not going this route to begin with.

I say sell the SCT take the 250 -300 bills and put it towards HP Tuners and then call Matt from FSP or hook up with Ryan from GPI
Old 02-22-2014, 06:28 PM
FormerVendor

We use HP Tuners and change $150 for out mail order tune program. SCT is a nice single purpose toy.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nyny10-ss
Honestly I don't know who you can call for a remote tune with SCT. I will say stay away from Jannetty. I don't care how much you log for him he will not get it right. I sat next to him for an hour tuning my car and it was still bad. I picked my car up from Slowhawk's today. Let's just say it's all about the tuner. My car shifts, idles, and the overall feel of the car is so much better. I kick myself in the *** now for not going this route to begin with.

I say sell the SCT take the 250 -300 bills and put it towards HP Tuners and then call Matt from FSP or hook up with Ryan from GPI
Thanks for the info, i am considering moving over to HPtuners. Do you guys recommend the standard or professional suite. I dont have a wideband right now, but since my setup has changed drastically it might not be a bad investment?

I have heard nothing but great things about FSP or Ryan from GPI.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:02 PM
On The Tree

Yes, get the Pro and a good wideband. Have a second bung welded into your header on the left bank. Most recommend the NGK wideband. I ran an Innovate LC-1 without issues but use an Autometer pod mount gauge & output now. Both the latter use Bosch sensors which some tuners don't care for.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:10 PM
TECH Regular

If you are contemplating buying something...contact ryan at gpi, he can tune remotely and sell you an efi loader or just sell you an efi suite.
I have a sneaking suspicion matt does another handheld...but it may be diablo.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Iam Broke
Yes, get the Pro and a good wideband. Have a second bung welded into your header on the left bank. Most recommend the NGK wideband. I ran an Innovate LC-1 without issues but use an Autometer pod mount gauge & output now. Both the latter use Bosch sensors which some tuners don't care for.
Im running no cats right now so the 2 rear o2s are currently installed to just plug up the holes (tuned out). Can i use the one of those locations or are they too far away from the engine to get accurate readings?
Old 02-23-2014, 12:28 PM
Teching In

I think Matt does use hptuners. I had contacted both Matt and Ryan before. From what i gather Matt uses HPtuners and Ryan uses EFI as everyone has stated.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

Im running no cats right now so the 2 rear o2s are currently installed to just plug up the holes (tuned out). Can i use the one of those locations or are they too far away from the engine to get accurate readings?
Better than at the tailpipe like some do at the dyno, but closer to the collector is better at lower/cruising rpm due to a slightly smaller delay. At WOT it won't matter if they are back there, only 12" or so downstream, right?
Old 02-23-2014, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Yeah 12" or so downstream is about right. I do understand closer to the collector the better.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

I think Matt does use hptuners. I had contacted both Matt and Ryan before. From what i gather Matt uses HPtuners and Ryan uses EFI as everyone has stated.
Good choices. Just stay away from the idiot in Ct.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

We have seen a custom remote tune pick up as much as 80HP on a dyno. If you do not want to wait for the mail to bring you a new tune and want full control over how it acts with multiple files/tunes at your fingertips to choose from, please let us know.

We can get you set up with a complete package and can even be avail when/if the dyno tuning goes down to either tune it for you, or help you along the way.

Check out our website for more info! Good luck.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:30 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where are you located ?

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 03-05-2014, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Northeast Ohio, 25 miles east of Cleveland.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:03 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Our remote tuning services along with the HPT interface and support was made for situations like this where it is hard to find either a tuner at all, or a tuner you wont have to worry about. The tunes are mere minutes away and you are free after that to do as you wish.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Have a related question. If car has been tuned with SCT can that tune be read and modified with HP Tuners without being returned to stock first? I have a remote tune with SCT and wanting to have someone local retune with HP Tuners.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:31 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Yes it can.
Old 12-31-2014, 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

Matt uses HPT, and another handheld, I cant remember what, he remote tuned my car before I sent it to him for some turbos. Good work, would recommend him in a second. Try to find some negative feedback on him, its not there.

Quick Reply: Sct mail order tune