Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

GM in financial trouble. Time to kill the Camaro!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speedshifterNC
we must all sell what we have and buy a camaro to help GM out...sacrifice people this is our beloved bowtie we're talking about. I for one don't want a Camaro with a chrysler hemi and bmw subframe as they're talking to Chrysler in desperation. Save your pennies folks its time to sacrifice to save GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....lol
I surely hope you are kidding! Personally, I owe any car co absolutely nothing! If they go under, puck em. Im not ever going to consider saving a car co because its their own damn fault.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually... to me.... this looks better than that
Old 10-12-2008, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

we must all sell what we have and buy a camaro to help GM out...sacrifice people this is our beloved bowtie we're talking about. I for one don't want a Camaro with a chrysler hemi and bmw subframe as they're talking to Chrysler in desperation. Save your pennies folks its time to sacrifice to save GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....lol
I might consider that.... but for the C6.... not the Camaro.

Btw... the Chrysler talks are "on hold" due to the credit crunch.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Regular

stufpid because its based on thoughts pulled from the internet, there is still lots of us that are not on welfare, one major reason whey the economy is in the **** is because people read **** about the next depression and blah blah blah and keep their money stashed in thir dresser instead of going on with our lives like normal people and actually stimulating our economy or read into what is actually happening. their is still lot of wealth in this country and middle class that will buy the car. people buying the camaro are not going to choose it because of how economical it is on gas compared to a prius..we need to stimulate our economy, pulling the plug will only hurt Gm because all the people that wanted to buy it now does not have an option but to go to a competitor or spend money else where, Gm has to have presence in this segment of the market or then it will go into more trouble......its like saying that Gm stopped making suv's they are going to loose lots of money, instead what needs to be done is re-engineer the suv so its more economical, lighter and green......what im saying basically is that if I am in the market for a camaro and its not available im not going to go and purchase a ******* tiburon......

Last edited by davidadavila; 10-12-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:45 PM
11 Second Club

If GM and Chrysler merge I'm gonna cut my own throat.

I never thought much of the "Buy American" slogan in the past, but now I'm beginning to realize how important it is. It's up to "the big three" to build quality, affordable vehicles, but it's up to us to do the right thing for our country BUY AMERICAN.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

funny thing about buying american nowdays, is that nissan and toyota are more american built than they are imported.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunset'01Z
funny thing about buying american nowdays, is that nissan and toyota are more american built than they are imported.
Where's their home base tho, where all the money goes? Overseas.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

I surely hope you are kidding! Personally, I owe any car co absolutely nothing! If they go under, puck em. Im not ever going to consider saving a car co because its their own damn fault.
yes I was joking..sick humor I guess
Old 10-13-2008, 08:05 AM
10 Second Club

everybody join with me

SHUT THE F UP!!!!!

the car is already designed and ready for production. why waste the tens or hundreds of millions spent on development and tooling?
Old 10-13-2008, 11:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

good point...It'll atleast make it a few years
Old 10-13-2008, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mmm, I wonder if the sales of the Challenger and Mustang are slumping because of public anticipation of the Camaro coming out.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 383ss
everybody join with me

SHUT THE F UP!!!!!

the car is already designed and ready for production. why waste the tens or hundreds of millions spent on development and tooling?
Not everybody is going to join you, especially those who have studied Business & Economics and the theory of production processes.

In the last half of the 20th century, American businesses have sunk literally billions of dollars into products that never made it to the market.
Machine tools, parts, dies, and fixtures from expensive products have been sent to the scrap yard on the very eve of what appeared to be a successful launch.

What your forgetting in your rush to judgement is that there are ongoing costs that are borne by line production line. Labor, tooling and plant maintenance, energy costs, delivery and marketing to name just a few items. The fact is that in almost every case, an unexpected shutdown in production was mandated by the corporate leadership because they could not justify the on-going cost versus the market conditions and projected sales revenue.

GM has to justify every on-going cost to the shareholders who have lost so very much value in their stock just recently. Big, desperate companies are always flailing about at ways to save themselves or just buying time with shareholders by appearing to take steps to consolidate costs.

GM was in merger talks with Ford earlier this year, and is currently in talks with Chrysler. Should GM merge with Chrysler, (and that is just speculation right now) The combined conglomerate would have TWO high-end sports cars, (Viper, Corvette) and THREE muscle cars. That would certainly be too much internal competition and redundancy in this economic climate.

Should GM go it alone; they need more than just a .gov bailout right now to keep multiple production lines open. To keep GM alive the customers will have to flock to the showrooms - for the entire GM line - in the midst of the worst recession since the early 80's.

Just because you, and you, and 500 other Kool-Aid drinkers on LS2.com, LS1tech & Camaroz28.com are in luv with the sheet-metal does not mean that the item is marketable to the masses in the quantities necessary to sustain production.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

******* idiot
Old 10-14-2008, 09:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

LOL at OP, youre judging a car that you dont even know what it looks like!! Your posts are boring. If you dont like a car with 422hp and crazy mod potential for 30k, thats your problem.

Why dont you just buy the Challenger or Mustang with 100hp less for the same price and stop whining.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
LOL at OP, youre judging a car that you dont even know what it looks like!! Your posts are boring. If you dont like a car with 422hp and crazy mod potential for 30k, thats your problem.

Why dont you just buy the Challenger or Mustang with 100hp less for the same price and stop whining.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GTODan

I'm a ******* idiot
Nice picture there Danny. Say, how's life going for you, with the 100 word vocab and the room temperature I.Q?
Old 10-14-2008, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

Dude you have alot of hosility there. GM has spent the money on tooling up for the car and would that be cash totally thrown away if it were killed, yeap it sure is. In your own words you say that the only buyers of the new Camaro (not completely true) is aging mid lifers, well that would be the largest demographic (baby boomers) that are getting to retirement and that is when most people have money for spending. I'm sorry that GM didn't make the Camaro like the lame *** 4th gen car (my opinion people take it easy people), I like the new Camaro but I don't love it and it is a tough market to bring the car into today. The V6 Camaro has potentual to be a hit, it is way better for the younger sporty car audience than the 3th and 4th gen car, and could steal the sales from the Mustang V6. I doubt your "business sense" just by your statements alone, I think it is a case of sour grapes cause GM didn't build "fill in the blank here" car or built the Camaro with styling from the early (and some of the most popular) F-bodies.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:37 PM
12 Second Club

Stop watching the stock market every second. There is a reason why media is injecting fear into peoples heads. A lot of businesses are in deep **** right now, but I am sure GM has some employees that know what they are doing.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Teching In

I had to comment on this one: where does a BMW fit in to a Chrysler and GM merger????
Mercedes sold Chrysler years ago.....

and I agree, the car is coming and we will see how it goes, but we need to be optimistic about the outcome for the jobs of many americans
Old 10-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by fnbrowning
Nice picture there Danny. Say, how's life going for you, with the 100 word vocab and the room temperature I.Q?
My my don't you think you are superior. No one is buying your gloom and doom crap so go sell your bullshit on the civic forums.

Quick Reply: GM in financial trouble. Time to kill the Camaro!