Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

to all of you doubters on weight!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 02:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bjjblackbelt
sure thing wise one im wondering how your stalled th-350 has less torwue than the t-56????? also at 4500rpms your only making 250lb/ft or torque??? thats less than a stock ls1??? go to http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/En...4322&engCat=ls this is a stock ls1 on the dyno at 4500rpm it has 370ft/lbs of torque!!! thats a stock ls1 not a trex ls1 and whatever else you got??? to me your numbers dont add up, you must have like a 1800 stall or something

You're right. I must have been had. I guess I should send back my setup to PTC and tell them the stalled me all wrong. The car ran a PTC 3500 10" non-lockup stall.

By no means is my car anything magnificent. It's a Trex/Ls6 headed car. At the same time, it is the EXACT setup you claimed is going to pick up power from a T56 to a TH350 with a stall. Seems ironic that the car lost about 8% hp and tq(on a dyno, as if dyno's matter) going from the T56 to a TH350. Hell, I'd say that's pretty solid going from a loose manual, to a non-lockup TH350 with a stall.

You can make all the claims in the world you want, but i put up legit proof via dyno #'s and i OWN and RACE the car. I'd think i'd know a little more about my car than you do.

Last edited by tim99ws6; 11-14-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK85
Heres a guy with a 4400 stall:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/2851051-post1.html
this dyno looks very similar to mine, the hp looks almost the same as mine also the torque is very close but i did get a little more torque than him,..... so if you believe this dyno sheet why whould you not believe mine??? when mine is very close looking to this one
Old 11-14-2008, 02:12 PM
9 Second Club

sure thing wise one im wondering how your stalled th-350 has less torwue than the t-56????? also at 4500rpms your only making 250lb/ft or torque??? thats less than a stock ls1??? this is a stock ls1 on the dyno at 4500rpm it has 370ft/lbs of torque!!! thats a stock ls1 not a trex ls1 and whatever else you got??? to me your numbers dont add up, you must have like a 1800 stall or something
Do you even know how to read a dyno sheet from a Auto???
Old 11-14-2008, 02:14 PM
9 Second Club

this dyno looks very similar to mine, the hp looks almost the same as mine also the torque is very close but i did get a little more torque than him,..... so if you believe this dyno sheet why whould you not believe mine??? when mine is very close looking to this one

A little more? Dude, you claim to have made 50 more than one of the top 15 cam only cars in the country
Old 11-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
You're right. I must have been had. I guess I should send back my setup to PTC and tell them the stalled me all wrong. The car ran a PTC 3500 10" non-lockup stall. It went consistent 1.57 60' on motor, and 1.39 on spray. I ran 7.0's in the 1/8 and 11.0 in the 1/4 with that setup. But, hey, you're right! You know what you are talking about, not me.....

By no means is my car anything magnificent. It's a Trex/Ls6 headed car. At the same time, it is the EXACT setup you claimed is going to pick up power from a T56 to a TH350 with a stall. Seems ironic that the car lost about 8% hp and tq(on a dyno, as if dyno's matter) going from the T56 to a TH350. Hell, I'd say that's pretty solid going from a loose manual, to a non-lockup TH350 with a stall.

You can make all the claims in the world you want, but i put up legit proof via dyno #'s and i OWN and RACE the car. I'd think i'd know a little more about my car than you do.
well mr big dick why do you have that big stalled th-350?????? if the t-56 is soo much better than why did you switch??? um... im guessing your alot faster at the track with the th-350 huh???? thats what this whole argument was about and you are the largest hypocrite of them all you are preaching to me how the t-56 gives you more torque and alot more hp but you switched from your t-56 to go to a th-350 cuz its faster at the track right??? i think your just one of those guys that you just want to argue even if you know the th-350 set up with a stall is faster at the track you will still argue just to argue i mean seriously you are arguing with me about how the t-56 is soo much better but you are bragging about times your pulling off in a th-350 set up???? this is ridiculous
Old 11-14-2008, 02:20 PM
12 Second Club

You said you have 462 ft lbs of torque. How do you get that this car has slightly less than you? Are you sure your reading your dyno sheet right?
Old 11-14-2008, 02:26 PM
9 Second Club

well mr big dick why do you have that big stalled th-350?????? if the t-56 is soo much better than why did you switch??? um... im guessing your alot faster at the track with the th-350 huh???? thats what this whole argument was about and you are the largest hypocrite of them all you are preaching to me how the t-56 gives you more torque and alot more hp but you switched from your t-56 to go to a th-350 cuz its faster at the track right??? i think your just one of those guys that you just want to argue even if you know the th-350 set up with a stall is faster at the track you will still argue just to argue i mean seriously you are arguing with me about how the t-56 is soo much better but you are bragging about times your pulling off in a th-350 set up???? this is ridiculous

Consistency....i did the swap 1) cause i can't afford to keep rebuilding T56's and 2) I want a consistent setup. I mean Ls1 cars with a Auto are definately faster....cough cough....cam only list...cough cough..

The reason i listed those times is not because they are impressive, far from it actually, i posted them to show that my car is not some weaksauce car. It is the exact car you were claiming would make 460rwtq magically by adding a power robbing drivetrain. You are dead-nuts on with the torque multiplication, but you are wrong in how you are applying that theory to a dyno sheet. That's all I'm trying to get across to you buddy! I guess you could call me a hypocrite for running a TH350, but i didn't put in a A3 for increasing my power. I put it in for dependability and consistency. If i wanted to make a dyno queen, I would have stayed T56.

Edit-->and please keep name calling out of it. I don't think that is nessecary at all. It's just a car, not a life.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Banned

I got access to a scanner!!!
Attached Thumbnails to all of you doubters on weight!!!!!!!-picture_002.jpg   to all of you doubters on weight!!!!!!!-picture_003.jpg  
Old 11-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Banned

i was just pointing out a stalled auto is faster than a 6 speed with the same mods,..... both of these are my car with the same mods THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THE TRANSMISSION and i was 8 tenths faster in the 1/8th with the stalled auto thats all i was pointing out!!!

HORSEPOWER

6 speed: 3500rpm= 220rwhp
stalled auto:3500rpm=300rwhp "thats 80rwhp higher"

6 speed: 4500rpm=300rwhp
stalled auto:4500rpm=340rwhp "thats 40rwhp higher"

6 speed: 5500rpm:370rwhp
stalled auto:5500rpm:370rwhp "they are equal"

6 speed: 6500rpm:400rwhp
stalled auto: 6500rpm:380rwhp "the 6 speed makes only 20 more hp BUT ONLY FOR A SPLIT SECOND THEN ITS TIME TO SHIFT"

TORQUE

6 speed: 3500rpm:330 ft/lbs
stalled auto:3500rpm:460 ft/lbs "thats 130ft/lbs higher"

6 speed: 4500rpm:300 ft/lbs
stalled auto:4500rpm:400 ft/lbs "thats 100ft/lbs higher"

6 speed: 5500rpms:350 ft/lbs
stalled auto:5500rpms:350 ft/lbs "they are equal"

6 speed: 6500rpms:320 ft/lbs
stalled auto:6500rpms:300 ft/lbs "the 6 speed makes only 20 ft/lbs higher BUT ONLY FOR A SPLIT SECOND THEN ITS TIME TO SHIFT"

so the ONLY time my 6 speed made more hp or torque was ONLY at 6500rpms but then its time to shift and the stalled auto set up made ALOT MORE hp and torque everywhere else in every other rpm

Last edited by bjjblackbelt; 11-15-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

gm knows about the weight, they are not stupid... look at the gear ratios in the m6 and a6 transmissions that it will come out with..... 1st gear on the a6 is 4.03!!! compared to the 3.06 in the a4 2002 model, and the 2010 m6 is even higher than that!!! all of us wrench heads knows that gear ratios are multiplication's of torque..... that being said if you just throw some 3.73's 3.90's or 4.10's instead of the 3.27's it comes with stock, you could see a stock camaro with just a gear change and drag radials pull a low 7sec 1/8 and bolt ons easily in 6's in the 1/8..... with all that gear i promise you it will cut some AWESOME 60ft times..... watch and see, the new camaro will be one bad **** guaranteed and yall shall see this spring.....
low 7's in the 1/8 doubtful, not without forced induction. you aren't dealing with a SRA anymore, IRS is a whole new ball game.

Last edited by Tom's_03SVT; 11-15-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tom's_03SVT
low 7's in the 1/8 doubtful, not without forced induction. you aren't dealing with a SRA anymore, IRS is a whole new ball game.
yeah your right, the IRS is completely different
there is soo much more than just the suspension difference

thats why all the corvette ls1 cars get 7.50's in the 1/8th with a stall and gears also right???

the internals are very similar, half shafts are nearly the same as the axle shafts just designed to be at an angle instead of a straight line, also the suspension of course being independent is way different in handling when it comes to cornering BUT in a straight line such as what we are talking about, the rear squats more in an IRS car so its easier to plant the rear tires to the ground for traction, they are more expensive when they break but they are very similar drivetrains mainly just different suspension
Attached Thumbnails to all of you doubters on weight!!!!!!!-solidaxlecoilspring.jpg   to all of you doubters on weight!!!!!!!-dediontube.jpg  
Old 11-16-2008, 06:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah your right, the IRS is completely different
there is soo much more than just the suspension difference

thats why all the corvette ls1 cars get 7.50's in the 1/8th with a stall and gears also right???

the internals are very similar, half shafts are nearly the same as the axle shafts just designed to be at an angle instead of a straight line, also the suspension of course being independent is way different in handling when it comes to cornering BUT in a straight line such as what we are talking about, the rear squats more in an IRS car so its easier to plant the rear tires to the ground for traction, they are more expensive when they break but they are very similar drivetrains mainly just different suspension
Thank you Mr. Nye science guy! So what you're telling us is there are gears and axles shafts under there... The car weight damn near 1000lbs more than a vette and 600lbs more than the F-bodies you guys are talking about.

Have you driven a 3800LBS car with IRS in the low 7's or high 6's? Because I have... I've owned 4 F-bodies before my Cobra included a stalled, nitrous, gear SS Camaro, two completely different cars to drag race and not because one is Ford and the other Chevy.

As for your reference, If you think your going to get better traction out of a stock IRS you are mistaken, you'll get enough wheel hop on a hard launch to break the diff cover or CV shaft and guess what, no torque arm. it's all bushings under there.

You'll need forced induction to get this car into the low 7's and 6's because you won't be ripping too many 1.59 60' times...

Last edited by Tom's_03SVT; 11-16-2008 at 06:22 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tom's_03SVT
The car weight damn near 1000lbs more than a vette and 600lbs more than the F-bodies you guys are talking about.

Have you driven a 3800LBS car with IRS in the low 7's or high 6's? Because I have... I've owned 4 F-bodies before my Cobra included a stalled, nitrous, gear SS Camaro, two completely different cars to drag race and not because one is Ford and the other Chevy.

You'll need forced induction to get this car into the low 7's and 6's because you won't be ripping too many 1.59 60' times...
this whole debate got started cuz 6 speed guys said there is NO WAY a 330rwhp ls1 f body could get 7.50's or lower in the 1/8th

so i explained what a high stall does for torque multiplication and powerband "where the power is made and how long it's made"

still there were 6 speed guys saying yeah whatever i have a 6 speed with more hp and cant get a 7.50's so its impossible to get an auto to do 7.50's with just a stall and gears.....

then alot of auto guys came in here saying they got 7.50's with just a stall and gears and some knowledable 6 speed guys said it as well

so that subject was dropped then the 6 speed guys that were proven wrong in the last debate started saying its impossible to make more torque than hp and blah blah blah so i proved them wrong again

and now we have some douche saying the new camaro wont go fast in the 1/8th w/o forced induction cuz he has to have forced induction to get his tiny little 4.6 slowbra to hang with naturally aspirated lsx cars, and your complaining about the IRS when stock ls1 vette guys are getting 7.50's with a stall and gears and they have IRS also they have the LS1 not the LS3 and they have a 4 speed auto the 4l60e not a 6 speed auto 6l80e first gear ratio on the 4 speed is a 3.06 the 6 speed auto ratio for first is 4.03!!!! thats is ALOT of gear so it wont have any problem with the extra weight of the new camaro.... #1 more power #2 more torque #3 alot more gear,..... the vette coupe weighs 3245lbs,... lets say the new camaro weighs 500lbs more that would put it at 3745lbs now we all know it wont be THAT HEAVY but just for comparison the ls3 will likely have 80 more rwhp than the ls1 and better torque curve so are you telling me you wouldnt take 80rwhp for a couple hundred lbs??? i could see the new camaro being 3500lbs thats only 255 more lbs than the ls1 vette yet it has MORE TORQUE AND around 80 MORE RWHP and ALOT MORE GEAR down low for better take off.... so my question is why cant the new camaro do the same 1/8th times with a stall and gears as the ls1 vettes did??? please tell me how that cant be easily done???
Old 11-16-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lets say the new camaro weighs 500lbs more that would put it at 3745lbs now we all know it wont be THAT HEAVY but..................i could see the new camaro being 3500lbs thats only 255 more lbs than the ls1 vette yet it has MORE TORQUE AND around 80 MORE RWHP and ALOT MORE GEAR down low for better take off....
Your argument is officially void since the new Camaro does NOT weigh 3500 lbs. Try.........3800 and some change for the LS3/manual........and a tick over 3900 for the auto. And comparing the launch characteristics of a new Camaro to a car that weighs almost 700 lbs less is reaching a bit. You really should be looking at what the GTO guys have been doing with their cars at the track rather than the Vette guys, or even the 4th gen guys. Its a whole different ballgame with these newer muscle rides. Powerband is only part of the story.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

Wow this guy has kept me entertained this entire thread. You're comparing apples to oranges, you can't compare a vette to the new camaro in regards to irs and how they launch. I'm not going to say much because you'll probably look at my post count, call me a newb and discredit everything I say. Ever wonder why its popular for the cobra guys to trade rear ends with gt and mach 1 guys? I think the dude with the cobra will back me up on this one correct my friend? Anyways, I think the people prior to me have said enough. Later
Old 11-17-2008, 08:19 PM
12 Second Club

I got access to a scanner!!!
That doesnt look right at all. The numbers dont look right. But your the type of guy that knows everything. So instead of arguing with you some more Im just going to give up.

You did provide me some entertainment while at work last week, thanks.

Last edited by BLK85; 11-24-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BLK85
That doesnt look right at all. The main thing that I noticed is that the scale for the AF ratio is not right. The numbers dont look right either. But your the type of guy that knows everything. So instead of arguing with you some more Im just going to give up.

You did provide me some entertainment while at work last week, thanks.
are you serious??? okay whatever dude
i said a stock auto ls1 f-body could get 7.50's easily with just a stall and gears, "cuz i have done it with 4 different f-bodies" you said it was impossible and guess what..... alot of people are doing 7.50's easily with just a stall and gears......

you didnt understand the difference from a stall and 6 speed, you thought it was the same, you thought if you dumped your clutch at 5,000rpm its the same as a 5,000rpm stall,..... so i and other automatic guys explained how rpm never drops below 5000 rpm when you shift gears in the auto, also it makes its peak power all the way down the track at wide open throttle and torque multiplication,..... again you didnt believe me, you know its was true "you were proven wrong" you're just in denial cuz you think your 6 speed should be faster than an auto car with less hp but with just a stall and gears which is understandable cuz you didnt really understand what a high stall does but instead of looking at it with an open mind, you being in denial makes you look at it with a closed mind.....

then i try to explain torque multiplication cuz you didnt understand what a stall does and you said "there are only 3 gas engines in the world that makes more torque than hp",...... whats funny is how much of a hypocrite you are, you put up a dyno sheet of a stalled auto and it made more torque than hp and according to you i guess thats just 1 of only 3 in the world to do that..... also it made peak torque at 3000-4500 rpm, i get access to a scanner and i post my 6-speed up and stalled auto up and my stalled auto dyno sheet looked similar to the one that you posted up, the torque peaked from 3000-4500 rpm and now you are saying those numbers seem off??? and my air/fuel ratio was off,.... my air/fuel ratio was better on the stalled auto than my 6-speed was but you are seriously gonna nit pick that,....

everything we have debated i have proved you wrong so you have to "nit pick" stuff and thats the first sign of denial when losing in an argument......
Old 11-18-2008, 11:01 AM
9 Second Club

Anyone else get the feeling this is the guy they are talking to

Old 11-18-2008, 11:25 AM
TECH Regular

et this et that. what was the MPH on these runs. I bet you dont remember that huh.

So you saying your buddy run 7.32 which equals to 11.40 in a 02 A4 SS with 4:10s, and 4000 stall. it took full exhaust, cam, 3500 stall, 125 dry shot, 315 nittos to do an 11.26 at 120 with a 1.6X 60' thats is 7.2 1/8 mile. oh and full weight in a buddies car. he s known as BrianCWS6 on here. he now has a 02 WS6 M6

I suggest next time you know what your talking about bub. there is no way in hell the ss did what your saying it did. thats about like me saying my stock A4 LT1 car did Low 8's

Last edited by blake110106; 11-18-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Project382
I've seen high 11.9's from A4, ls1 (stock) cars with gears.
here's one

Quick Reply: to all of you doubters on weight!!!!!!!