Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Can't decide; Challenger or Camaro?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BADD *** VHO
It's funny how you know what i raced and what i can beat..what does a stock srt8 run in your knowledgable brain...because my truck run's low 12's without slick's.......go f#!k ur self you punk.. Dodge Sucks D!ck Like You...get over it..........
If your truck runs low 12's without slicks, why use it as a measuring stick for calling a Challenger slow? Hell, by your truck's standard's, the new Camaro will be slow too.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

It's funny how you know what i raced and what i can beat..what does a stock srt8 run in your knowledgable brain...because my truck run's low 12's without slick's.......go f#!k ur self you punk.. Dodge Sucks D!ck Like You...get over it..........
You are 12 years old or just a retard?
Old 03-19-2009, 05:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ZMONSTER!
Okay dude chill out were all happy that you can afford sooooo many play cars, doesn't mean you have to be a dick. Guess what not everyone is going to like, or believe, you or your opinions.

I still say for the money buy/build an older car that will be faster than both.
Im not posting this as an excuse to say how many cars I have. High school over, buddy. If having a couple of them makes me a dick sorry about your narrow minded attitude.

Since I actually have both that puts me in a better position to evaluate both, but maybe thats too complicated to you.

Since your so tough why dont you PM Nine Ball and tell him how he is a dick too for having nice rides?...I know your type though, just think because some dude can afford nice rides you feel the need to bring him down just because....quite typical around here.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 92GTA
Ok, here is where I stand now:

I for sure want an SRT8 IF I can afford it. The SRT8 comes in at exactly $40,567 invoice, including Gas Guzzler/Detination/& options I want. I've decided I don't want the B5 blue, I want black.

If I can't afford and SRT8, my fallback will be an R/T. The R/T comes in at exactly $31,352 invoice, including Detination & options I want.

Also, if I do have to compramise and get an R/T, I will also reconsider the 2010 Camaro at that point. The 2010 Camaro RS/SS is going for $31,126 invoice, including Detination & options I want.

EDIT: I am also aware that I can get a 370Z Sport for $31,594 invoice including Detination & options I want. I've looked into that as well just to keep my options open to competition in that same price bracket. I will NOT however consider a Mustang, ever.

I currently own a 1992 Trans Am GTA and a 1993 300ZX. I'm presuming that there will be many more engine upgrades for the LS3 compared to the 6.1L HEMI as well and that in the long run I can be much faster for allot less $$$. When is Direct Injection coming to the LS engine? 2011 for the Camaro?
Just get Black Camaro 3SS/RS M6
Old 03-19-2009, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chaman
Im not posting this as an excuse to say how many cars I have. High school over, buddy. If having a couple of them makes me a dick sorry about your narrow minded attitude.

Since I actually have both that puts me in a better position to evaluate both, but maybe thats too complicated to you.

Since your so tough why dont you PM Nine Ball and tell him how he is a dick too for having nice rides?...I know your type though, just think because some dude can afford nice rides you feel the need to bring him down just because....quite typical around here.
Your car's dont even compare to nine ball's car's..Your a joke you own 2 **** cars and you think ur the ****...My ******* watch cost more than the **** car on ur sig.........get a life...and i didnt compare my truck with a srt8 i said it was a joke waste of time 13 second car and the camaro will be 12 second car alot better race...a stock 6 speed camaro should take me in rolling speed's
Old 03-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

hard to argue with the camaro being the best bang for the buck.

http://jalopnik.com/5173404/chevy-ca...by-the-numbers
Old 03-19-2009, 06:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Your car's dont even compare to nine ball's car's..Your a joke you own 2 **** cars and you think ur the ****...My ******* watch cost more than the **** car on ur sig.........get a life...and i didnt compare my truck with a srt8 i said it was a joke waste of time 13 second car and the camaro will be 12 second car alot better race...a stock 6 speed camaro should take me in rolling speed's

You better sell that expensive watch and go to school again my friend because reading comprehension is owning you. Scratch that, a brain cannot be bought sadly for you....unless that is indeed such an expensive watch! Who knows?

Where I compared my cars to NineBall's? How you know how many and what car Ive owned? You need attention? right? I think Im the ****? Who was the one talking **** about how fast your redneck truck is?? Still a truck and a very ugly one I may add.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by dgr00s
hard to argue with the camaro being the best bang for the buck.

http://jalopnik.com/5173404/chevy-ca...by-the-numbers
Agree, but not everyone is looking for a best bang for the buck ride. Some just get what they like...big difference.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You better sell that expensive watch and go to school again my friend because reading comprehension is owning you. Scratch that, a brain cannot be bought sadly for you....unless that is indeed such an expensive watch! Who knows?

Where I compared my cars to NineBall's? How you know how many and what car Ive owned? You need attention? right? I think Im the ****? Who was the one talking **** about how fast your redneck truck is?? Still a truck and a very ugly one I may add.
I dont need to go back to school because i never been there a day in my life ..Im Gypsy bitch we dont go to school or have 9 to 5 jobs like ur punk ***.I dont need to sell anything if i need something i have plenty of cash. My ******* fishing boat cost over $100k I own my house my car's are cashed payed for except my denali and i own my own rv business...Ya i need to go to your school so i can brag cause i own a ******* dodge or trans am probably financed..loser
Old 03-19-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Veteran

I dont need to go back to school because i never been there a day in my life ..Im Gypsy bitch we dont go to school or have 9 to 5 jobs like ur punk ***.I dont need to sell anything if i need something i have plenty of cash. My ******* fishing boat cost over $100k I own my house my car's are cashed payed for except my denali and i own my own rv business...Ya i need to go to your school so i can brag cause i own a ******* dodge or trans am probably financed..loser

LOL!! No wonder...Your right...you are a gypsy bitch. Maybe if you went to school that little sentence there could have been made in your favor. Only a comma away to be succesful...LOL! Who needs school anyway....to be a gipsy bitch is not needed. Hard working, honest guys must really love you now after reading those beautiful..syllables?

Probably also big on tax evasion too right? among other things... I mean, that is something to be proud of....Typical case of money dont buy taste...nor class. (specially, class)

Btw...I have only one job....guess an education has its benefits and it certainly dont make anyone a loser. Best of both worlds see, honest worker, doing whats right, serving others and paying my taxes. I would not want to be a bitch and end up sounding like a retard, illiterate that brags only of materialistic things, because in the end is about the only thing you could brag about. Dont think many here would like to be like you...gipsy bitch.

Prefer not to answer any more of your gipsy bitch attacks, not worth it. I feel like I am trying to exterminate an endangered species or something...

Now say it Sammy, my boy:

Old 03-19-2009, 09:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

lol this thread has gone places
Old 03-19-2009, 09:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
lol this thread has gone places
True...LOL!
Old 03-19-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL!! No wonder...Your right...you are a gypsy bitch. Maybe if you went to school that little sentence there could have been made in your favor. Only a comma away to be succesful...LOL! Who needs school anyway....to be a gipsy bitch is not needed. Hard working, honest guys must really love you now after reading those beautiful..syllables?

Probably also big on tax evasion too right? among other things... I mean, that is something to be proud of....Typical case of money dont buy taste...nor class. (specially, class)

Btw...I have only one job....guess an education has its benefits and it certainly dont make anyone a loser. Best of both worlds see, honest worker, doing whats right, serving others and paying my taxes. I would not want to be a bitch and end up sounding like a retard, illiterate that brags only of materialistic things, because in the end is about the only thing you could brag about. Dont think many here would like to be like you...gipsy bitch.

Prefer not to answer any more of your gipsy bitch attacks, not worth it. I feel like I am trying to exterminate an endangered species or something...

Now say it Sammy, my boy:

Your dad should of flushed you down the toilet....Yes i dont mind having nice things who wouldnt.I never brag you thought you was the ****...and yes in my mind you are ****..I didnt ask anyone to be like me im just glad im not you..go serve other's what ever helps you sleep at night.Hey profressor gypsy is spelled with a Y Not I............God Bless You
Old 03-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Launching!

You are a gypsy for real? Seriously, because I grow up down the road from the "camp" in North Augusta, SC.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LMAO please, please keep up this fight, it's like watching the special olympics bloopers..
Old 03-19-2009, 09:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Your dad should of flushed you down the toilet....Yes i dont mind having nice things who wouldnt.I never brag you thought you was the ****...and yes in my mind you are ****..I didnt ask anyone to be like me im just glad im not you..go serve other's what ever helps you sleep at night.Hey profressor gypsy is spelled with a Y Not I............God Bless You
....a word about tax evasion? Mr. Gypsy?? I dying to hear that one! Anyone loves nice things but when I am paying the ******* tax money bums like you are supposed to pay so you have the nice things you say really rubs me off the wrong way. BTW, gypsy bitch learn to write professor....with all that money and no spell checker? I know you never THOUGHT about that...am I right? So, how much you payed in taxes for all those thousands of money you make?
Old 03-19-2009, 09:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by kain01
LMAO please, please keep up this fight, it's like watching the special olympics bloopers..
Sorry...from now on, the gypsy bitch should be enough...I really hate garbage like that sucking up our honest hard earned money with tax evasion....I put those next to child molesters...and i am serious. Just think of it and you will get my point. Bye bye gypsy bitch...sorry if I dont say God bless you.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 03-19-2009, 09:54 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

No comparisson. LS3 Camaro by far based on modability only though, for me.

Fit and finish will be great on the Camaro similar to the SRT8 quailty.
LS3 modability (500rwhp) is day and night over the 6.1, I have an SRT8 now FYI.
Weight will be slightly less with the Camaro, though it's still a porker.

370Z is a chicks car, really, even though it's better than the 350. It displays zero testosterone.

I would just grab an 06 C6Z or an 08 C6 but that's just me, they will be between $35-40K with less than 15K miles in a few months.

My .02

Also, some of you suck on SRT8 info. An SRT8 300/Charger will walk away from an R/T. Traps vary from 95mph for R/T's to 105mph for SRT8's (average traps). The Challenger and Camaro should perform very similar when stock since both have 422/425 hp and both weigh 3900+ lbs. I think the Camaro is the lighter (on paper) so it may squeek 1-3 mph more traps. Both are fat pigs with good power.

Last edited by JayplaySS; 03-19-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you driven the Challenger yet? I know it is a big car, but IMO, they handle horrible. The SRT is just to slow to begin with and I know that can be changed but?

I would wait until you get to drive a new Camaro. That way you will be sure you didn't make a mistake.

Sorry if my question was already asked but I don't feel like reading through 4 pages...

Quick Reply: Can't decide; Challenger or Camaro?!?!