Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Can't decide; Challenger or Camaro?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 10:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman
....a word about tax evasion? Mr. Gypsy?? I dying to hear that one! Anyone loves nice things but when I am paying the ******* tax money bums like you are supposed to pay so you have the nice things you say really rubs me off the wrong way. BTW, gypsy bitch learn to write professor....with all that money and no spell checker? I know you never THOUGHT about that...am I right? So, how much you payed in taxes for all those thousands of money you make?
Do you work 4 the IRS now i pay my taxes gm is charging me 6.25% on my new camaro........Your the ******* idiot that thinks he knows everything and is always right but your just a ******* low life idiot that thought he was the **** cause he owns 2 cars...WOW....You wish i was a bitch,but im the guy that your sister and mother's ***** gets wet when they see me and want to be with me cause its guys like me that dont have to work there whole life like you and die old with **** and never get anywhere but bitching about my money....I own a ******* rv business im located on interstate 10 im listed in the yellow pages what does me not going to school and being a gypsy have to do with me paying taxes...
Old 03-19-2009, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chaman
Im not posting this as an excuse to say how many cars I have. High school over, buddy. If having a couple of them makes me a dick sorry about your narrow minded attitude.

Since I actually have both that puts me in a better position to evaluate both, but maybe thats too complicated to you.

Since your so tough why dont you PM Nine Ball and tell him how he is a dick too for having nice rides?...I know your type though, just think because some dude can afford nice rides you feel the need to bring him down just because....quite typical around here.
Look at poor little you! Let me explain something to you...
I genuinely don't care how many cars you have, if you can afford it then good for you! Your probably in that top 10 percent of tax payers that pays 90% of the nations taxes.

ON TH OTHER HAND-All you had to say was "Well I own both cars, and I have to disagree with you. I think that while both are good performers A is in fact better/faster/better looking than B"

See how cordial that is? See how no one would get pissed off or take a thread WAY off topic with a post like that? When you out and out say "Your a moron/dumbass/retard and that car will decimate this one!" and then go on to say "Oh ya? Well I own both of them so what?! Your stupid!" it doesn't convince people to listen to and weigh your opinion. You get labeled a DICK.

Oh and you know my type? I highly doubt that. You jump to conclusions and discord far too quickly.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have driven 4 different SRT-8 (I worked at the dealership) I do NOT think they are worth that money. sure you get a decent engine stock, but the inside really has nothing to brag about... I was really dissapointed when I saw the challenger. I have not been in any of the camaro's yet, but I can def say that after seeing the challenger I would take a hard look at the camaro.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by BADD *** VHO
Do you work 4 the IRS now i pay my taxes gm is charging me 6.25% on my new camaro........Your the ******* idiot that thinks he knows everything and is always right but your just a ******* low life idiot that thought he was the **** cause he owns 2 cars...WOW....You wish i was a bitch,but im the guy that your sister and mother's ***** gets wet when they see me and want to be with me cause its guys like me that dont have to work there whole life like you and die old with **** and never get anywhere but bitching about my money....I own a ******* rv business im located on interstate 10 im listed in the yellow pages what does me not going to school and being a gypsy have to do with me paying taxes...
You know what is has to do....very well. Nice line about the family, really fits your level of education quite well...which is very low.

Last edited by chaman; 03-19-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:39 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I like the looks of both the challenger and the new camaro, and i haven't personally driven either one, but for my money, id buy the camaro SS with the 6 speed manual, because for the money spent its a much better deal of what i think will be the better car, and the aftermarket support will be much greater.

Id wait till 2011 and get the new Camaro Convertible myself, and still be cheaper than an SRT 8 and a stock LS3/6 speed manual will probably be faster than the SRT 8 also, if not it will be real close, as they have the same power stock.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ZMONSTER!
Look at poor little you! Let me explain something to you...
I genuinely don't care how many cars you have, if you can afford it then good for you! Your probably in that top 10 percent of tax payers that pays 90% of the nations taxes.

ON TH OTHER HAND-All you had to say was "Well I own both cars, and I have to disagree with you. I think that while both are good performers A is in fact better/faster/better looking than B"

See how cordial that is? See how no one would get pissed off or take a thread WAY off topic with a post like that? When you out and out say "Your a moron/dumbass/retard and that car will decimate this one!" and then go on to say "Oh ya? Well I own both of them so what?! Your stupid!" it doesn't convince people to listen to and weigh your opinion. You get labeled a DICK.

Oh and you know my type? I highly doubt that. You jump to conclusions and discord far too quickly.

Feel better? You know I dont ******* care, right?
Old 03-19-2009, 11:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Also, some of you suck on SRT8 info. An SRT8 300/Charger will walk away from an R/T. Traps vary from 95mph for R/T's to 105mph for SRT8's (average traps). The Challenger and Camaro should perform very similar when stock since both have 422/425 hp and both weigh 3900+ lbs. I think the Camaro is the lighter (on paper) so it may squeek 1-3 mph more traps. Both are fat pigs with good power.
Exactly my point....and it gets really old reading dumb **** in every SRT8 thread.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 92GTA
Ok, here is where I stand now:

I for sure want an SRT8 IF I can afford it. The SRT8 comes in at exactly $40,567 invoice, including Gas Guzzler/Detination/& options I want. I've decided I don't want the B5 blue, I want black.

If I can't afford and SRT8, my fallback will be an R/T. The R/T comes in at exactly $31,352 invoice, including Detination & options I want.

Also, if I do have to compramise and get an R/T, I will also reconsider the 2010 Camaro at that point. The 2010 Camaro RS/SS is going for $31,126 invoice, including Detination & options I want.

EDIT: I am also aware that I can get a 370Z Sport for $31,594 invoice including Detination & options I want. I've looked into that as well just to keep my options open to competition in that same price bracket. I will NOT however consider a Mustang, ever.

I currently own a 1992 Trans Am GTA and a 1993 300ZX. I'm presuming that there will be many more engine upgrades for the LS3 compared to the 6.1L HEMI as well and that in the long run I can be much faster for allot less $$$. When is Direct Injection coming to the LS engine? 2011 for the Camaro?
Back to the topic....In the end ur opinion is what matter's buy what you like and what you can afford...I think i will be pleased with the camaro im getting with looks and performance...stock 12 second car for $30k.... baddass
Old 03-20-2009, 11:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn they quit fighting, *throws popcorn in the trash*
Old 03-20-2009, 03:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dgr00s
hard to argue with the camaro being the best bang for the buck.

http://jalopnik.com/5173404/chevy-ca...by-the-numbers
That link has absolutely nothing worthwhile in it - a bunch of meaningless facts about hp/lb and hp/dollar? I don't know why you posted it.

The only actual review was about 3 sentences posted elsewhere which they quoted and gave no real opinion or insight into the car itself.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:45 PM
TECH Veteran

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automotiv...erm-fleet.html

It's real hard to argue with that styling. It's the best looking of the new muscle cars IMO.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shudog
That link has absolutely nothing worthwhile in it - a bunch of meaningless facts about hp/lb and hp/dollar? I don't know why you posted it.

The only actual review was about 3 sentences posted elsewhere which they quoted and gave no real opinion or insight into the car itself.
hp/lb and hp/$$ are ricer facts, they are trying to appeal to the masses, which unfortunately includes riceboys with way too much time to think up ways why their car is better than ours. Try these reviews if cold hard numbers are meaningless to you.

http://autos.canada.com/news/story.html?id=1410869

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/index.html

http://jalopnik.com/5176993/2010-che...ro-first-drive

They are all positive, in most regards, biggest complaint as usual is interior, they praise everything else about it.

Quoted from Motor Trend:

"Whatever its powertrain guise, the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro feels like a very grown-up, highly polished machine. In many regards, it's more reminiscent of the best sport coupes from Europe and Japan than it is a carrier of the musclecar torch from four decades ago. Should that worry the modern Dodge Challenger and Ford Mustang -- potentially even the pricier Nissan 370Z or bluebloods like the Audi S5?

It should indeed. The new Camaro is an A+ effort. Now it's time to break open the gates and see how these modernized ponies compare amid the fog of smoking tires and the heat of full-throttle battle."
Old 03-21-2009, 03:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

challenger, and any other "hemi" cars are slow.
so is the 370z.
go with a c6 or a new 5th gen.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
who's selling srt challengers at invoice?
they are all over around here i bought a srt 8 at dealer cost! and i love it it but the 2010 camaro still is on order ill let you know the real comparison once its here but in my honest opinion the camaro is gonna smoke it... The challenger does get tons of looks though and it has some great luxury options for every day driving, it rides smooth real smooth...
Old 03-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by shudog

Originally Posted by kain01
hp/lb and hp/$$ are ricer facts, they are trying to appeal to the masses, which unfortunately includes riceboys with way too much time to think up ways why their car is better than ours. Try these reviews if cold hard numbers are meaningless to you.

http://autos.canada.com/news/story.html?id=1410869

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/index.html

http://jalopnik.com/5176993/2010-che...ro-first-drive

They are all positive, in most regards, biggest complaint as usual is interior, they praise everything else about it.

Quoted from Motor Trend:

"Whatever its powertrain guise, the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro feels like a very grown-up, highly polished machine. In many regards, it's more reminiscent of the best sport coupes from Europe and Japan than it is a carrier of the musclecar torch from four decades ago. Should that worry the modern Dodge Challenger and Ford Mustang -- potentially even the pricier Nissan 370Z or bluebloods like the Audi S5?

It should indeed. The new Camaro is an A+ effort. Now it's time to break open the gates and see how these modernized ponies compare amid the fog of smoking tires and the heat of full-throttle battle."
hp/litre is a "ricer" fact. that fact has nothing to do with anything. if you read, you will notice i said "bang for the buck" nothing about a review or anything about the car itself. its an article gauging the numbers of the camaro vs its competition. nothing more.

hp/lb is common sense power to weight ratio, which is why people try to accomplish weight reduction. less weight per hp = faster.

hp/$ is called getting your moneys worth. when comparing to similar classes of vehicles. we aren't comparing scions here.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hp/litre is a "ricer" fact. that fact has nothing to do with anything. if you read, you will notice i said "bang for the buck" nothing about a review or anything about the car itself. its an article gauging the numbers of the camaro vs its competition. nothing more.

hp/lb is common sense power to weight ratio, which is why people try to accomplish weight reduction. less weight per hp = faster.

hp/$ is called getting your moneys worth. when comparing to similar classes of vehicles. we aren't comparing scions here.

They are all ricer facts. They were started with Fast and Furious part 1 crowd. Are they relevant, more so than most other ricer facts, but ricer facts nonetheless. I don't recall any old school Nascar driver talking about hp/lb, they either just did it or didn't think anyone would care. Either way the term was coined with ricers.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are all ricer facts. They were started with Fast and Furious part 1 crowd. Are they relevant, more so than most other ricer facts, but ricer facts nonetheless. I don't recall any old school Nascar driver talking about hp/lb, they either just did it or didn't think anyone would care. Either way the term was coined with ricers.
If it was real ricer math it would have been Watts per Kilogram or Newton. Nawz out man!
Old 03-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Staging Lane

ha ha, ok, dale the 3rd. go drink a bud and do some research, while you are at it.

Last edited by dgr00s; 03-23-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ha ha, ok, dale the 3rd. go drink a bud and do some research, while you are at it.
Bah Dale (not old school btw) and Dale Jr. couldn't handle a right turn at American LeMans (really look it up). I'm talking about the 70's when nascar was still stock car racing. Now a days the closest thing we have is ALMS, and Grand Prix Cup. Again the closest thing. Now then, off to have my bud.

Last edited by kain01; 03-23-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by darooke
i like the srt8 but would buy the camaro over the r/t. The challanger is a better looking car then the camaro imo and performs well after suspension mods. But the r/t was beat by a stock mustang in ever catagory. The camaro looks ok but the performance is great for the price. Srt8 or camaro is my vote.
+1......

Quick Reply: Can't decide; Challenger or Camaro?!?!