Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Only a 13 second car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 12:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have to second that. We are lucky to have what we have in these days.

Plus, I think the general swing in design was more towards luxury and better interior work. GM brought that to the table. They can only spend so much on the car. Put the new and old side by side.

How much more do you expect considering the inflation and improvements we have seen?

If the only point over the years was to make a faster and faster car then I would see a lot of the points in this thread about the new cars not being fast enough more valid.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SPRAYED 01
Guys I think the performance of cars has come to some what of a stand still now days. I mean lets face it every 5-7 years they can not shave off 1sec from a 1/4mile time like they did with the 3rd gens to 4th gens.
but thats incorrect.... on average ls1s run mid 13s... some slightly quicker, some slightly slower..
the 5th gen will run consistent average times of 12.6-12.7s... just watch.. that is a second quicker.. out of a car that weighs a ton more, is **** tons nicer, etc etc etc...

think the ls1 didnt add any weight over the lt1 so sure it was easy.... it also wasnt really that much nicer of a car... with the 5th gen they made it about 7/10ths faster 5-6 mph higher traps AND gave you a very well built/handling/looking car...

it wins hands down by a LONG shot..

Quick Reply: Only a 13 second car?