Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Late Model Racecraft's Street Stalker Package makes OVER 500rwhp Naturally Aspirtated

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009 | 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

so what made it go from 460 to 505? Just the pulley and resonators removed? thats crazy it did that
Old 05-31-2009 | 09:51 PM
TECH Addict

Holy crap this thread got out of hand quick. You guys just make me laugh.

I totally understand that not everyone has the same budget when modding their cars. That is why we offer several different packages ranging from a $3k-CAI/Headers package to this street stalker package for $6k, our supercharger package(includes several other mods) for $20k, and all the way up to our LS7 440ci Punisher package around $30k. I promise if you search on these boards and read the fine print of other tuner shops you will see you got alot more for your money with us. At the same time you get what you pay for. So you need to look out for deals that sound too good to be true, usually means its a small shop with no overhead and not alot of experience and thats why they can charge so little for their work. People do not mind spending a little extra money to get it done right the first time, other wise you will end up spending twice as much in the long run. Here is a break down of prices so you can see how quick and easy it is to spend $6k.

LMR Cold Air Induction System-400
A/R 1 7/8 Stainless Steel Headers with catted connection pipes-1700
MSD 8.5mm Wires-75
NGK spark plugs-20
160* Thermostat-38
Modified Factory mufflers(removed resonators)170
LMR Stage 3 custom grind cam kit-850
Prototype 25% Underdrive Pulley Kit-300
All gaskets/Crank Bolt-150
Oil change with filter-55
Shop Supplies-292
Labor-1300
Dyno Tune-500
Custom Street Stalker Badges-150
PLUS TAX

Why dont one of you call Hennessey or Linginfilter and see how much they charge for a package like this?

Last edited by Worm Boy; 05-31-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-31-2009 | 09:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WildBills Toyota
so what made it go from 460 to 505? Just the pulley and resonators removed? thats crazy it did that
In the first post it says we went from our stage 2 cam shaft to our stage 3 cam shaft along with our prototype U/D pulley kit. Hope that helps.
Old 05-31-2009 | 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

did you guys used to be Icon motorsports. looks like the same shop?
Old 05-31-2009 | 10:38 PM
Launching!

Bottom line is if they have the service and quality to back up the price then its worth it to someone. Not you and certainly not my cheap ***, but someone.

Same as I don't think its worth buying 2-300 dollar sunglasses someone does. Of course I don't even believe in spending money on bottled water... so to each their own.
Old 05-31-2009 | 11:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Worm Boy
MSD 8.5mm Wires-75
NGK spark plugs-20
160* Thermostat-38
Shop Supplies-292
Labor-1300
Dyno Tune-500
PLUS TAX
Yall must use a lot of rags and staydry(or is the ****-eze included in this price?)
And LOL at the rest of the list...
Old 05-31-2009 | 11:27 PM
On The Tree

Holy crap this thread got out of hand quick. You guys just make me laugh.

I totally understand that not everyone has the same budget when modding their cars. That is why we offer several different packages ranging from a $3k-CAI/Headers package to this street stalker package for $6k, our supercharger package(includes several other mods) for $20k, and all the way up to our LS7 440ci Punisher package around $30k. I promise if you search on these boards and read the fine print of other tuner shops you will see you got alot more for your money with us. At the same time you get what you pay for. So you need to look out for deals that sound too good to be true, usually means its a small shop with no overhead and not alot of experience and thats why they can charge so little for their work. People do not mind spending a little extra money to get it done right the first time, other wise you will end up spending twice as much in the long run. Here is a break down of prices so you can see how quick and easy it is to spend $6k.

MSD 8.5mm Wires-75
NGK spark plugs-20
160* Thermostat-38
Shop Supplies-292
Labor-1300
Dyno Tune-500
PLUS TAX

Why dont one of you call Hennessey or Linginfilter and see how much they charge for a package like this?
Not sure about Hennessey or Linginfelter, But Cartek has a similar package but with a catted x-pipe, springs/retainers... although it's for a LS7 Z06 I would guess there are a lot of similarly in the prices of parts-give or take a little. That only leaves install and tuning as the difference. I realize it's not exactly apples>apples comparison but...
Cartek headers/cam package.
- Includes the following:
+ Vararam Cold Air Intake
+ NGK TR55 plugs
+ GM Hi-Performance wires
+ Kooks headers (1.875" Primaries)
+ Kooks X-pipe w/ Hi-Flow Catalytic Converters
+ Cartek LS7X Custom Camshaft
+ Hi-flow 160 Degree Thermostat
+ Comp 921 Valve springs
+ Titanium retainers
+ Steel locators
+ New valve seals

Pricing: $3,450
Old 06-01-2009 | 02:42 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CLOKWRK
Not sure about Hennessey or Linginfelter, But Cartek has a similar package but with a catted x-pipe, springs/retainers... although it's for a LS7 Z06 I would guess there are a lot of similarly in the prices of parts-give or take a little. That only leaves install and tuning as the difference. I realize it's not exactly apples>apples comparison but...
+ NGK TR55 plugs
+ Comp 921 Valve springs
+ Titanium retainers
+ Steel locators
+ New valve seals

ADD $1000 for labor and $500 for a tune and theres our 6k! WTF people! How bout you call LG and ask what a cam install cost on a c6 z06 parts/labor then get back on here and bad mouth them to.That goes for anyone of the shops like LPE,LG,LMR etc. etc. These places are out BUILDING parts for OUR cars.There not out waiting on the next guy to do something so they can copy it and call it here own.The first week LMR had a car they produced a cold air intake,and hepled AR come up with a nice stainless header.Here we are at week 3 and they have 2 cam and bolt on packages making 500wrhp or close to and all you guys want to do is bitch about price?

BTW: anyone with a tool set can bolt a maggie in place.Making 500wrhp NA on a 376ci street motor is impressive.

Last edited by sr71bbjr; 06-01-2009 at 02:52 AM.
Old 06-01-2009 | 06:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

MSD 8.5mm Wires-75
NGK spark plugs-20
160* Thermostat-38
Shop Supplies-292
Labor-1300
Dyno Tune-500
PLUS TAX

Thanks for the break down, I didn't realize these were American Racing headers which are the best of the best.

What valvetrain are you guys using? Is it PAC or another brand?
Old 06-01-2009 | 07:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sr71bbjr
+ NGK TR55 plugs
+ Comp 921 Valve springs
+ Titanium retainers
+ Steel locators
+ New valve seals

ADD $1000 for labor and $500 for a tune and theres our 6k!
MATH FAIL ALERT....

$3,400 for cartek package
+ $1,000 for labor
+ $500 for tune
-------------------------
= $4,900

Lets just make it $5000. You are still missing $1000 to make it $6000.

Hey, i understand charging whatever you fell is justified. Many shops are quite expensive. Cartek, Lingenfelter, etc all charge a premium for their setups. Nothing wrong with charging $6k for your kit, but that doesnt mean that it isn't very costly for what you are getting (parts wise).
Old 06-01-2009 | 08:02 AM
TECH Resident

Thats not including these parts that LMR gives you.Add again math wiz...

Shop Supplies-292
plus the extra $300 i didn't add for labor.

Originally Posted by Johny GTO
MATH FAIL ALERT....

$3,400 for cartek package
+ $1,000 for labor
+ $500 for tune
-------------------------
= $4,900

Lets just make it $5000. You are still missing $1000 to make it $6000.

Hey, i understand charging whatever you fell is justified. Many shops are quite expensive. Cartek, Lingenfelter, etc all charge a premium for their setups. Nothing wrong with charging $6k for your kit, but that doesnt mean that it isn't very costly for what you are getting (parts wise).
Old 06-01-2009 | 08:30 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sr71bbjr
Thats not including these parts that LMR gives you.Add again math wiz...

Shop Supplies-292
plus the extra $300 i didn't add for labor.
No need for an attitude or insults. I was merely pointing out that what you used to explain the $6k price tag only added up to $5k.

Look, whether you charge $6k or $60k for the kit, i dont care. I dont have a Camaro, and dont imagine i will have one. Regardless, you have the right to charge whatever you want for your time\effort. If you feel the parts, labor, R&D, tuning, and overall effort on your behalf is worth $6k to you, then great.

Me personally (as well as some others, as evidenced by the post), i wouldnt pay $6k for this. But thats me, and it's not because i feel "it isnt worth it, it's over-priced". I am sure others would and will buy the kit.

If you look at this kit like this..... "The parts are worth $2500 (make believe numbers), the labor is $1k, and the tuning is another $500, so i wouldnt pay more then $4000 for this kit. Otherwise i will go elsewhere and put it together on my own instead of buying a kit" then yes, it is over-priced looking at it with that view point. However, what people need to realize is that they arent simply paying for the parts and labor. They have purchased a known (almost gauranteed) result and outcome. When this kit is done being installed and tuned, you WILL HAVE 500rwhp. This isnt a situation where the owner of the car picks out various parts, makes a thread saying "Guess\predict my dyno numbers", has the car dynoed HOPING to get a certain number, and then gets whatever he gets. This kit WILL MAKE 500RWHP, not hopefully or potentially. It isnt a "i hope this combo works" situation.

The customer is not only buying the parts, and paying for labor, they are buying a known and assured result. That is what justifies the cost, and that is why people will buy it.

That is how i see this, and other kits like it. You are paying for the parts, the labor, and the CERTAINTY of the results.
Old 06-01-2009 | 09:43 AM
TECH Regular

Come on guys, let's be civil.

He broke down the pricing, it's very fair.

As an old boss used to tell me, "we are not in the charity business."
Old 06-01-2009 | 10:02 AM
Launching!

I tell ya some of you guys are some cheap asses. You get what you pay for. Lets not compare the 5th gen to other cars. It is not relative. Like a few others have said there are top notch parts used here and some of them of their own products they have produced through R&D.

You are always going to pay some outrageous prices on new products especially on a entirely new car like the camaro. You think these prices are high, come to my world and see the light
Old 06-01-2009 | 10:14 AM
TECH Addict

Quick question, do any of the poeple that have a problem with our pricing own or plan on owing a 2010 Camaro SS? Becuase if you go to ANY of the other 5th generation boards everyone seems to think we have Great prices for such a quality product.
Old 06-01-2009 | 10:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Quick question, do any of the poeple that have a problem with our pricing own or plan on owing a 2010 Camaro SS? Becuase if you go to ANY of the other 5th generation boards everyone seems to think we have Great prices for such a quality product.
You know the answer to that question haha.
Old 06-01-2009 | 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by blu1
you know the answer to that question haha.
:d :d :d
Old 06-01-2009 | 01:22 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by krauSS 02
did you guys used to be Icon motorsports. looks like the same shop?
Negative.
Old 06-01-2009 | 02:25 PM
11 Second Club

Like mentioned earlier..... You get what you pay for!! If you all start bashing and playing cut throat with the sponsers/shops then one day there will not be many/any left to push the limit of performance parts for us to get the benifit of.
Old 06-01-2009 | 02:53 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I can tell you this much I've worked at a couple of big name shops LMR, MTI and Hennessey. You pay for the quality of the techs, I've seen alot and I mean alot of cars that have come through where the customer went some where else because the labor was cheaper and they always pay more in the end to repair those "cheaper" labor rates and prices.

If I were a customer I would feel alot more safe about my car knowing the quality of products that come out of a shop. And I can tell you from seeing it first hand LMR puts alot of pride in their builds.

In those prices your paying for well seasoned techs Paul, Josh , Scott and the other guys at LMR have been doing this for very long time so you are getting top notch hands working on your car.

You can take it how you like but you are always better off paying for quality work up front than saving and having problems later on.

Quick Reply: Late Model Racecraft's Street Stalker Package makes OVER 500rwhp Naturally Aspirtated