Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Late Model Racecraft's Street Stalker Package makes OVER 500rwhp Naturally Aspirtated

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 08:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01sscam
I plan on buying a 5th gen Camaro, and I also plan on modding it. But 6 thousand dollars for a cam and bolt-ons, are you guys out of your ******* mind? That is outrageous! This is why a deal with Texas Speed and Performance, and will continue doing business with them. They are an honest company who isn't out to rape poor bastards that know nothing about cars. Good luck with your sales. I'm sure you guys will be able to find a few yuppie shmucks that want some "custom street stalker badges" and a cam for 6 thousand dollars. I won't be one of them.
Sounds like someone is looking for some broke-dick racing mods. If you can't afford the mods(or the car it sounds like) Keep your mouth shut and stop sponsor bashing(are you guys out of your ******* mind?)
Old 06-03-2009, 10:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone else notice that 90% of the people in this thread that are attempting to rationalize this deal are from Texas? Fukin nut-huggers. : lol
Old 06-03-2009, 11:46 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02SS:ZEUS
Anyone else notice that 90% of the people in this thread that are attempting to rationalize this deal are from Texas? Fukin nut-huggers. : lol
LoL, out of the THREE pages there are only 5% of the people complaining about the price. Like I said earlier, PLEASE call Lingenfilter or Hennessey and see what their cost is!! Lingenfilter is charging $12k to install a supercharger ONLY that makes 530rwhp. You are getting almost the same hp for HALF the price. Seems like you need a new hobby, maybe rc cars or something.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Worm Boy
LoL, out of the THREE pages there are only 5% of the people complaining about the price. Like I said earlier, PLEASE call Lingenfilter or Hennessey and see what their cost is!! Lingenfilter is charging $12k to install a supercharger ONLY that makes 530rwhp. You are getting almost the same hp for HALF the price. Seems like you need a new hobby, maybe rc cars or something.
ha, there really isnt that many people, your right. with the breakdown black98z28 gave us, now people might realize its really not that bad. most people will try to avoid american racing headers b/c they are alot more expensive than the 400 apcesetters. but to each his own people, damn! some people will want a full set of the best headers out there, but this most liely includes the catted Y which is also a big chunk of change people dont spend. keep in mind everyeone, anything that does not pertain to the internal LS3 is completely new. sure, the cam isnt new, the LS3 has been out & cammed for years. but new headers, Y, intakesm etc. all have been develpoed by LMR & the rest of these sponsors OUT OF POCKET through R&D! the only thing i wouldnt pay for is the labor & the badges (depends on what they look like)

if you cant afford the car, dont bitch about the cost of parts for it. end of story. LMR has done some seriously sick work on the 4th gens, so you are getting one of (if not) the best f-body shops around to install your ****, and you can bet your *** they will stand behind their product IF somehow something goes wrong, which it probably wont

great work LMR, now go build a REAL 5th gen & show us what you guys are capable of when you let it go all out!
Old 06-03-2009, 12:46 PM
12 Second Club

forgot to mention, good point Worm Boy. 530rwhp from Lingenfelter for double your price. i wouldnt bet against you guys stretching a cam only LS3 to beat that!
Old 06-03-2009, 12:48 PM
11 Second Club

At first glance the price does seem high, but I'm sure it would help if you could list a breakdown in prices. I mean if the headers are on the really high side of the spectrum then the pricing makes since. Most people are just comparing the prices to what it would cost in a regular 4th gen, and not realizing thats these prices too were once really high and have come down tremendously. It wont be long before everyone is making parts for these cars and they too will be significantly cheaper.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by leeluther252
At first glance the price does seem high, but I'm sure it would help if you could list a breakdown in prices. I mean if the headers are on the really high side of the spectrum then the pricing makes since. Most people are just comparing the prices to what it would cost in a regular 4th gen, and not realizing thats these prices too were once really high and have come down tremendously. It wont be long before everyone is making parts for these cars and they too will be significantly cheaper.

Thats what alot of people do not understand, sure 20 feet of 1 7/8's stainless tubing runs maybe $350 or so, but r&d + labor, $1700 seems fair to me, hell I spent 2 SOLID weeks building a set of long tube headers for my old LS1 coupe, and WOULD not build them again and WOULD not sell them less that a grand if I parted with them.

Just like the intake LMR has, sure plastic and metal cost maybe $50-75 bucks, but it's all in the labor to custom fit it, blah blah, $400 is on track.

On the labor part, Most shops charge $80-$100 per labor hour, ever looked up a cam swap for a 2010 SS in Mitchell, how about a exhaust manifold swap? Good luck.. Sure in a few years this same package will be $3000 Installed (of coarse thats probably with pacesetters) after it gets flooded from other vendors.

And for the record, yes I am from Texas, and NO I have not even bought a 20 cent part from LMR, but I do enjoy and respect shops that dive in and build something that hasn't been produced by ANYONE yet.. How much $$$$$ do ya'll think even pacesetter spent on R&D for their longtubes and they only cost $400??
Old 06-03-2009, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01sscam
This is why a deal with Texas Speed and Performance, and will continue doing business with them. They are an honest company who isn't out to rape poor bastards that know nothing about cars.
Now thats ironic! LOL
Old 06-03-2009, 04:13 PM
9 Second Club

Its new items. Prices will come down. Its not like the intake is hard to build. But we are on LS1TECH on the corvette forum LOL
Old 06-03-2009, 04:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by leeluther252
for the record, he did post a breadown. dunno which post, but go look & youll find it. but you have the right idea. this car just came out & parts will be expensive until companies start making their $$ back for r&d. and god forbid they try and make a little profit in between.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:52 PM
LEO
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02SS:ZEUS
STFU, you broke-dick Nawf Carolina, bitch!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vcious04
Thats what alot of people do not understand, sure 20 feet of 1 7/8's stainless tubing runs maybe $350 or so, but r&d + labor, $1700 seems fair to me, hell I spent 2 SOLID weeks building a set of long tube headers for my old LS1 coupe, and WOULD not build them again and WOULD not sell them less that a grand if I parted with them.

Just like the intake LMR has, sure plastic and metal cost maybe $50-75 bucks, but it's all in the labor to custom fit it, blah blah, $400 is on track.

On the labor part, Most shops charge $80-$100 per labor hour, ever looked up a cam swap for a 2010 SS in Mitchell, how about a exhaust manifold swap? Good luck.. Sure in a few years this same package will be $3000 Installed (of coarse thats probably with pacesetters) after it gets flooded from other vendors.

And for the record, yes I am from Texas, and NO I have not even bought a 20 cent part from LMR, but I do enjoy and respect shops that dive in and build something that hasn't been produced by ANYONE yet.. How much $$$$$ do ya'll think even pacesetter spent on R&D for their longtubes and they only cost $400??
Although I agree with you. I just pulled up mitchell and they dont have info for the 2010 camaro.

I figure it will be slightly similar to a GTO though, at least for a ball park idea.

Labor to instal a cam in an 06 GTO. 18.3 hours. Valve Springs 3.8.

So at that point your already about 1900 at the average labor rate.

I think its a good deal.

Im sure you could buy cheaper parts and do it yourself and save some money but on a new car like this Id want it done right, with good parts.

On a side note, what is yalls warranty like, that would be my major decider if I would have yall do it or if I would buy the parts and do it myself (and stretch it out over god knows how long haha)
Old 06-04-2009, 10:51 AM
TECH Resident

Holy crap this thread got out of hand quick. You guys just make me laugh.

I totally understand that not everyone has the same budget when modding their cars. That is why we offer several different packages ranging from a $3k-CAI/Headers package to this street stalker package for $6k, our supercharger package(includes several other mods) for $20k, and all the way up to our LS7 440ci Punisher package around $30k. I promise if you search on these boards and read the fine print of other tuner shops you will see you got alot more for your money with us. At the same time you get what you pay for. So you need to look out for deals that sound too good to be true, usually means its a small shop with no overhead and not alot of experience and thats why they can charge so little for their work. People do not mind spending a little extra money to get it done right the first time, other wise you will end up spending twice as much in the long run. Here is a break down of prices so you can see how quick and easy it is to spend $6k.

LMR Cold Air Induction System-400
A/R 1 7/8 Stainless Steel Headers with catted connection pipes-1700
MSD 8.5mm Wires-75
NGK spark plugs-20
160* Thermostat-38
Modified Factory mufflers(removed resonators)170
LMR Stage 3 custom grind cam kit-850
Prototype 25% Underdrive Pulley Kit-300
All gaskets/Crank Bolt-150
Oil change with filter-55
Shop Supplies-292
Labor-1300
Dyno Tune-500
Custom Street Stalker Badges-150
PLUS TAX

Why dont one of you call Hennessey or Linginfilter and see how much they charge for a package like this?
hoonestly, the more i look at this list, the more i think it is a fair price. I guess initially, when i saw $6k for headers, cam kit, install and tune i said to myself "$1k + $800 + $1k + $500 = $3300.... ok so where is the other $2700??". But then you have the intake, the headers are expensive, under-drive pulley, etc.

The prices are dead on. i guess you could go with cheaper headers, like some pace setters, if they make them yet, and knock off about $1200.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:57 PM
TECH Addict

how long does it take to do the mods and tune?
Old 06-05-2009, 10:41 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

Originally Posted by beardWS6
how long does it take to do the mods and tune?
3 days max
Old 06-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Teching In

The thing I don't understand is people that are complaining cough cough Zeus, That has a mediocre 02SS with 514whp ( which i'm sure you paid GOOD money to do some AWSOME upgrades) and here comes a 2010 SS with top of the line parts and run your A$$ up and down the track, Freeway, etc. and you'll still be pissed. Grow up. if your complaining about money on top of the line "MODS" and parts that have not been made by others @ these prices, you obviouisly haven't been in the game that long to realize that when any new design vehicle escpecially your 02 SS **** was pricey. Someone is going to pay for it in the long run and sure as hell should be the one making it no matter what company.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GoldRust
3 days max
So 72 hours of labor? That makes a little more sense. $6k sounds about right with 72 hours of labor on the bill.

Originally Posted by ZO6ER
The thing I don't understand is people that are complaining cough cough Zeus, That has a mediocre 02SS with 514whp ( which i'm sure you paid GOOD money to do some AWSOME upgrades) and here comes a 2010 SS with top of the line parts and run your A$$ up and down the track, Freeway, etc. and you'll still be pissed. Grow up. if your complaining about money on top of the line "MODS" and parts that have not been made by others @ these prices, you obviouisly haven't been in the game that long to realize that when any new design vehicle escpecially your 02 SS **** was pricey. Someone is going to pay for it in the long run and sure as hell should be the one making it no matter what company.
My car has a cam, bolt-ons, 150 shot, and a tune....Runs 10.3x's in the 1/4. You think I paid $6k for the mods done to my motor? You think this car would even come close to running my *** up and down the track? How about after it's $6k cam, bolt-ons, and tune? You should think a little bit more before you open your mouth...or maybe just not open your mouth.

I understand that this is a new car with new parts. But I still don't agree that what's offered should cost $6k. That's my opinion. This is a public forum that welcomes opinions. Get over it.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Teching In

Well I know now that it is very easy to talk **** over the ethernet, but kudos to you and your e.t. I was refering to your big horse power #'s on your sig genius. So by these statment i know you have probably never spent more than 6K at once to have a consistent running car but i guarranty you when the 4th gen came around guys like you did the same exact thing of complaining when i can't afford it just to get 80 horses out of your POS. By the way come and check out our wonderful state of Tejas we sure can use some "land fill".
Old 06-05-2009, 02:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZO6ER
Well I know now that it is very easy to talk **** over the ethernet, but kudos to you and your e.t. I was refering to your big horse power #'s on your sig genius. So by these statment i know you have probably never spent more than 6K at once to have a consistent running car but i guarranty you when the 4th gen came around guys like you did the same exact thing of complaining when i can't afford it just to get 80 horses out of your POS. By the way come and check out our wonderful state of Tejas we sure can use some "land fill".
You called me out. No ****-talking going on here...just me responding to your "retarded-like" statements. IMO, 500whp is far from what I would call "big horse power #'s" newbie.

Also, my "mediocre 02SS" put down 515 through a stalled 3-speed and a 12-bolt. I'm sure the car on topic here is 500rwhp through the 6-speed manual trans. Noone was comparing my car to a 2010 Camaro with this package anyway...not too sure why you would even bring it up. Apples to oranges IMO.

I realize that in 1998, when LS1's were first going into F-body's, this same **** probably went on...I don't know personally...I've only been into racing for about 5 years. But I can tell you this, if I was in the game in 98 when it happened, I would be saying the same ****, simply because I feel it's price gouging and I don't agree with it. It's no different than a Chevy dealer marking up the new Z06 by about $30-$50k when they first came out. They do it because they can get away with it, as they know there are people out there that will pay for it reguardless of the price. After all those IDIOTS are used up, they'll bring the prices down for the rest of us.

One more thing....what exactly are you calling a POS? A 4th gen F-body?

Last edited by 02SS:ZEUS; 06-05-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Teching In

You right i was talking about your car, and i am probably a forum newbie but car enthusiest and modder by far. The whole point is quit acting suprised about these prices. These shops are the best at what they do, the guys @ LMR have prove it and know what it takes to make a car last. You have to pay to play. Speed is not cheap as well as YOU should know. Your right in the fact that dealers do that to the new Camaro, etc but exactly how many damn dealers are there and it's the same car in texas as it is in NC. That's not the issue, it's to BE the "FIRST" to have it or to have that set up. some people don't care. They know it's a good product and a hell of a deal. If it not your cup of tea don't drink it.

Quick Reply: Late Model Racecraft's Street Stalker Package makes OVER 500rwhp Naturally Aspirtated