Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Late Model Racecraft's Street Stalker Package makes OVER 500rwhp Naturally Aspirtated

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009 | 11:48 PM
Teching In

Don't post here very often, but 02SS:ZEUS you are an ***. A real donkey pure and simple. The behavior of couple more then a few on this site is at least disturbing. The cussing, swearing, trash talk know it alls is beyond belief. Go to Camaro5 and a little is not even tolerated, which that extreme I do disagree with. Here its everything goes.

I appreciate Rick @Livernois posting useful information and the price, results are impressive. His price is reasonable and not crap parts and he does not mislead other in his posts or services.

Also, I don't really care what the response is, but the MODERATORS in my opinion do not do a very good job in telling members to keep it even somewhat clean and productive. Theres alot of useful information on this site and I mostly use this site occasionally to find out info and locate vendors I want to do business with.

yea I did get
Old 07-24-2009 | 07:18 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by R67Chevelle
Don't post here very often, but 02SS:ZEUS you are an ***. A real donkey pure and simple. The behavior of couple more then a few on this site is at least disturbing. The cussing, swearing, trash talk know it alls is beyond belief. Go to Camaro5 and a little is not even tolerated, which that extreme I do disagree with. Here its everything goes.

I appreciate Rick @Livernois posting useful information and the price, results are impressive. His price is reasonable and not crap parts and he does not mislead other in his posts or services.

Also, I don't really care what the response is, but the MODERATORS in my opinion do not do a very good job in telling members to keep it even somewhat clean and productive. Theres alot of useful information on this site and I mostly use this site occasionally to find out info and locate vendors I want to do business with.

yea I did get
I haven't posted in this thread in well over a month, and ya'll are still crying about this. LS1Tech does not say that members are not allowed to voice their opinion on this site. If you don't like others opinions, maybe you should stay off public forums.

I made it very clear that I didn't aggree with the price for what was offered. I also made it very clear that my opinion isn't very important, and that LMR is in fact a business. A businesses #1 priority is to make money. They do what they need to to get that done. Are they going to make everyone happy in the process? No. No business will. However, not once did I question the quality of work that comes out of LMR. Ya'll need to get over this crap and stop dragging it out. You're bringing something back that died well over a month ago.
Old 07-24-2009 | 08:31 AM
TECH Resident

I'm sure a lot of people in this thread weren't even old enough to drive when the LS1 4th gens came out 10 years ago. A good set of headers with Hi-Flo cats was well over $1200, stock ported heads were selling in the 3k range. Just a Lid was over $200, not even a true CAI. If you are crying now, I sure am happy you weren't around when all LS1 parts were just in development because if you are crying now, you would have been screaming and crying then. Don't worry pretty soon China will be knocking off all of these parts & you will be able to get them off of Ebay, send more money out of the US, end up with parts that don't hold up as well & more people in the states will lose their jobs.

Every price he quoted is in line with other vendors pricing, if you've never had to install a set of LT's or a cam then you don't know what's involved, it's a lot of work & shop time isn't cheap. Buy the same parts and bring them to your local GM Stealership & IF they will install them it sure won't be for $1300 more like $2300, then they can't even Dynotune the car for you. Also $500 is the average going rate for full quality dyno tunes.
Old 07-24-2009 | 09:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jamnut
Don't worry pretty soon China will be knocking off all of these parts & you will be able to get them off of Ebay, send more money out of the US, end up with parts that don't hold up as well & more people in the states will lose their jobs.
people have been saying that about everything for the past 5 years or so, and guess what?? Other then some cheap headers for 3 or 4 cars max, there are no "cheap knock-off's from China" on the market. In total, i think there are maybe 3-4 different model headers made, a couple intercoolers, and a couple of cheap turbo's (not turbo kits, but just the turbo itself). Thats it.
PEople have used the "just wait a year or so and there will be a chinese knockoff for half the price" line on everything from headers, to intake manifolds (the prophesized chinese knock off of a Fast 90 that never materialized), to body kits, all the way to superchargers and whatnot.

The fact is that, most likely, you arent going to see chinese knock-offs of anything. Maybe some headers, maybe.
Old 07-24-2009 | 10:41 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Johny GTO
people have been saying that about everything for the past 5 years or so, and guess what?? Other then some cheap headers for 3 or 4 cars max, there are no "cheap knock-off's from China" on the market. In total, i think there are maybe 3-4 different model headers made, a couple intercoolers, and a couple of cheap turbo's (not turbo kits, but just the turbo itself). Thats it.
PEople have used the "just wait a year or so and there will be a chinese knockoff for half the price" line on everything from headers, to intake manifolds (the prophesized chinese knock off of a Fast 90 that never materialized), to body kits, all the way to superchargers and whatnot.

The fact is that, most likely, you arent going to see chinese knock-offs of anything. Maybe some headers, maybe.
In the Turbo Regal world they've knocked off just about everything. Last count was 3 different types of knockoff turbo regal headers on EBAY. There are also about 2-3 knock off down pipes for turbo regals on EBAY.

I'm in Libya right now, and so far I've counted 4 different types of pretty perfect Toyota truck knock off's. TAYOTA, TOYO-AUTO & I can't remember the other names.
Old 07-24-2009 | 12:06 PM
Launching!

ZUES your a tool. that power for that money on the new camaro honestly blows most other shops deals outta the water. And fwiw i will pay a little extra to have my stuff assmebled by experts, you can go to your buddy the shade tree mechanic and get your **** slapped together for cheap. to each his own. my car makes 500 rwhp NA and beleive me i WISH i would have only paid 6k to get there. you have no concept of what quality labor costs, THESE GUYS WON THE LSX NATIONALS FOR **** SAKE AND HOLD THE RECORD FOR FASTEST STOCK SUSPENSION 4TH GEN, that should say a little about they're shop and the quality and pride they put into they're work, and i can tell you from personal exp. that they're work is second to none. But i guess there will always be a couple of haters. ZUES do yourself a favor and

Last edited by strokerblackhawk; 07-24-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-24-2009 | 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

cant we all just hug and get along? why yall gossa be hatin, dog?
Old 07-26-2009 | 04:40 PM
Teching In

To me the package is awesome...I just can't justify the price. I'll save my money and hope the price drops after some time. My 2010 is still breaking in anyway
Old 07-26-2009 | 05:20 PM
10 Second Club

Apparently we don't want to let this die......so I guess we'll continue.....

Originally Posted by strokerblackhawk
ZUES your a tool. that power for that money on the new camaro honestly blows most other shops deals outta the water.
Stop talking out your *** and show me these other "deals" you're talking about.

And fwiw i will pay a little extra to have my stuff assmebled by experts, you can go to your buddy the shade tree mechanic and get your **** slapped together for cheap.
I'm not going to get into a pissing contest about what shops we take our cars to. But I am sure LMR is VERY familiar with the shop that works on my car....not my car specifically, but the shop that does the work. Shade tree? LMAO You have no idea.

to each his own. my car makes 500 rwhp NA and beleive me i WISH i would have only paid 6k to get there.
You idiot. These people have already spent $30k+ on these cars. They didn't buy a damn 8 year old Firehawk with an 8 year old LS1 motor.

you have no concept of what quality labor costs,
LOL. Sure I don't.

THESE GUYS WON THE LSX NATIONALS FOR **** SAKE AND HOLD THE RECORD FOR FASTEST STOCK SUSPENSION 4TH GEN,
Please remove your mouth from LMR's nuts. K? Thanks.

that should say a little about they're shop and the quality and pride they put into they're work, and i can tell you from personal exp. that they're work is second to none.
If you knew how to read, you would have seen that not once did I question the quality of work that comes out of LMR's shop. I made another point of that in my last post, actually.

But i guess there will always be a couple of haters. ZUES do yourself a favor and
Again, in my last post I said that a business will never be able to make everyone happy. That's given. I simply think $6k is a little much for what's offered. That's my opinion. I'm allowed to voice it. You nut-huggers are blowing this way out of proportion and dragging this **** out. I'm sure LMR appreciates that too...especially when this **** died over a month ago.
Old 07-26-2009 | 06:15 PM
TECH Resident

lol @ the posts in this thread. funny ****. anyway....

just a heads up, strokerblackhawk.... the possessive form of they is "their", not "they're".
"they're" is the abreviated form of "they are".
Old 07-27-2009 | 10:13 AM
Launching!

ZEUS theres nothing wrong with giving good feedback for a shop that youve dealt with that does high quality work, now a dick move would be coming into a shops thread that you have never even been to and comense bashing their work. if you dont like it dont buy it, you dont HAVE to come in here bashing a shops hard work, if you weren't a complete jackass and were half *** researching these cars youd realize that their aren't a whole lot of shops that even offer packages for these cars and if they do its alot more than 6 g's, but then again YOU DONT OWN ONE so why would you know **** about these cars. NOW GTFO YOU YANKEE TROLL.
Old 07-27-2009 | 11:32 AM
10 Second Club

ZEUS theres nothing wrong with giving good feedback for a shop that youve dealt with that does high quality work, now a dick move would be coming into a shops thread that you have never even been to and comense bashing their work. if you dont like it dont buy it, you dont HAVE to come in here bashing a shops hard work, NOW GTFO YOU YANKEE TROLL.
Yankee huh? lol Yeah, I guess I am. I thought you had to be able to read to get your drivers license...but apparently my assumptions are incorrect. Maybe it's just a Texas thing being that literacy is such a hard thing to come by down there. Please try to read this...let me know if any of the words are to big for you to understand.........

NOT ONCE HAVE I BASHED LMR'S WORK, OR ANY WORK THAT COMES OUT OF THAT SHOP, SO GET OFF THAT GODD*MN WAGON!
Old 07-27-2009 | 08:14 PM
AGH
Staging Lane

After 6 pages...have any LMR cars with this package ran the 1/4 mile? How fast is the 2010 Camaro with this package?
Old 08-03-2009 | 09:07 AM
Launching!

Slayer package with ls3 ran 12.3@117 on stock wheels and tires, reaper l99 automatic ran 12.2@114 on stock wheels and tires. Twisted Slayer ran 11.61@121 5lbs. of boost with very few passes.
Old 08-04-2009 | 01:01 AM
TECH Resident

so we have the Reaper\Raper, the Stalker, The Splitter, and the Slayer packages??

Does someone at LMR need a hug, or perhaps some counseling?? lol. Just kidding guys.
Old 08-04-2009 | 02:54 AM
Staging Lane

6k is alot but lmr does great work. I cant believe the prices on parts im now considering just buying a 08 vette now
Old 08-04-2009 | 06:50 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tdi_hatch
6k is alot but lmr does great work. I cant believe the prices on parts im now considering just buying a 08 vette now
I dont understand.... you are in awe of the prices for parts, so your solution is to buy a vette??? Have you heard of the "Vette tax"? You do know that prices for vette parts are going to be worse, right?
Or is it that since you see you are going to be spending X amount to reach Y performance level, you might as well spend X amount to get a vette which will already have you at Y performance level?
Old 08-04-2009 | 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

Guys, y'all leave Zeus alone. You should have pity for a guy who is so *misguided* as to think stating a simple fact is the same thing as nutswinging.

Fact is, most (all) the people complaining about pricing don't have the wherewithal to own a 2010 Camaro. They are not owners nor are they buyers in most cases.

Some people have nothing better to do than badmouth other people. It's even more silly when they do it to people who are exceptional at what they do.

Common sense and common courtesy simply are lost concepts to these types.
Old 08-04-2009 | 04:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jmilz28
Guys, y'all leave Zeus alone. You should have pity for a guy who is so *misguided* as to think stating a simple fact is the same thing as nutswinging.

Fact is, most (all) the people complaining about pricing don't have the wherewithal to own a 2010 Camaro. They are not owners nor are they buyers in most cases.

Some people have nothing better to do than badmouth other people. It's even more silly when they do it to people who are exceptional at what they do.

Common sense and common courtesy simply are lost concepts to these types.

could not have said it better myself...... Can't cure rude stupity....
Old 08-04-2009 | 04:38 PM
12 Second Club

Excelent numbers! I agree the price is high but you also have to consider this is a brand new car and till more competition comes out this is what your going to pay.. but Im still trying to figure out a $850 camshaft dose that include springs and Ti retainers?

Quick Reply: Late Model Racecraft's Street Stalker Package makes OVER 500rwhp Naturally Aspirtated