TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBronco
k, so total mods on the car are what?

List:
  • Drag Radials
  • 200 Shot (Wet)
  • Stand alone fuel system with Race Gas
  • Slightly larger Cam Shaft (Factory provisions still)
  • Cold Air Kit
  • Full exhaust (Definitely some weight saved... Mid length Heads, No cats, Borla XR-1's)
  • Owens Tuning
  • 586 rwhp
  • Scaled weight??

Seriously, for those mods, something is going wrong.
you forgot the stall converter and he told steven it was a 250 shot...
Old 06-06-2009, 06:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Apparently here is all the answers.

Originally Posted by 4mulaJoe
I'm not real sure what people are comparing this car to saying it does not add up. I talked to Owen about the car today. It made 43x NA with mid length G8 headers, cold air, stall, cam, and exhaust. With a 150 shot it made 588rwhp. I do not remember the NA time. Raceweight was 41xx lbs. The DA has got to be way up there considering the heat.

It has MT DR's on the back. Some time is being given up due to the window switch needing some adjustment to turn back on faster after the shifts. It also only cut a 1.7 60' b/c the progressive controller could stand to be turned up a little.

People out there speculating over the internet should feel pretty stupid IMO. It all adds up, and you are speculating with very little/wrong information.

It trapped slightly less than Hennesey's blown camaro with 30rwhp more on the dyno. Probably a good 2 seconds worth of that run is being done with 430rwhp. It all adds up. It is just a little hard to work the bugs out when you get kicked out on your first decent pass.

So, in summary, HCC is offering basic math courses, and these cars are pretty damn heavy.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Staging Lane

The shop did a great job with the car...

For all of you complaining about it being slow.... Note the title.. WORLDS FASTEST 2010 SS.....

It is a heavy car, and for it being just the beginning of the knowledge on these cars, that is one hell of a pass....

But now Owen knows what it needs, and knows what needs to be done.. I am sure he will be showing us faster times in the future!
Old 06-06-2009, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am sure there is more in it. The car is heavy, which certainly works against it. Surely there are some opportunities for improvement there. Aside from that, this car was really not designed for drag strip superiority from the factory. The aftermarket will prevail though and we will see some more impressive numbers from this platform in the coming months I am sure.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

I am sure it is heavy and has more in it but as it stands it won't run with my 04 4880lb. SSR with pump gas running on wore out drag radials , Then again as far as I know I have the fastest pump gas LS SSR there is right now
Old 06-07-2009, 01:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/d...ack_687062.htm

The vid.

After watching it and reading more, the car should have probably done MUCH MUCH better. If LMR could get one to go 12.50 on a CAI and Tune....this one should do much better.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:30 AM
Launching!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

looked like a pretty good run to me
Old 06-07-2009, 10:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SlvrV6Camaro

The vid.

After watching it and reading more, the car should have probably done MUCH MUCH better. If LMR could get one to go 12.50 on a CAI and Tune....this one should do much better.

I hope this is not the video where they say, "Owen said, [**** LMR's 13's]"

Definitely not classy on a shops part to make some kind of rivalry/war between the two.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:23 PM
TECH Junkie

What is it a Supra?

W
Old 06-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Launching!

I hope this is not the video where they say, "Owen said, [**** LMR's 13's]"

Definitely not classy on a shops part to make some kind of rivalry/war between the two.
Gray, quit being an idiot. go back to the thread in the TX section and look at who originally posted the video. It's not Owen or anybody from A.R.D. The video does not reflect their opinions or views, it was taken by a 3rd party
Old 06-07-2009, 03:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
Gray, quit being an idiot. go back to the thread in the TX section and look at who originally posted the video. It's not Owen or anybody from A.R.D. The video does not reflect their opinions or views, it was taken by a 3rd party

Randy, re-read my quotations. If you put them in correct order, then it is a person QUOTING Owen as saying such.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Randy, re-read my quotations. If you put them in correct order, then it is a person QUOTING Owen as saying such.

You are not being up front here. It's obvious you have a problem with Owen and/or the shop and are stirring the pot. You would have something bad to say if the car went 9's.

People can sit on the internet and poke at the car all they want. It is the fastest 1 out there right now. It will definitely be going faster, and it will take a serious build to beat it.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't seem like much to be bragging about. That's just my opinion though.

Last edited by Dan; 06-08-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:21 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SlvrV6Camaro

The vid.

and LMR did NOT run a 12.50 with a cai and a tune! i was at the track watching them run it and they had no chance off breaking into the 12's! and its not like the car gradually got quicker as the putt on the cool air intake on and tuning it, if i remember correctly one off their for faster runs was one off their first funs off the night....
Old 06-07-2009, 05:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LS1x2
You are not being up front here. It's obvious you have a problem with Owen and/or the shop and are stirring the pot. You would have something bad to say if the car went 9's.

People can sit on the internet and poke at the car all they want. It is the fastest 1 out there right now. It will definitely be going faster, and it will take a serious build to beat it.
No Joe, if this car went out and cracked an 11.0 at 125 or 128 and who knows what kind of Elapsed time, I would have been quite impressed.

But since none of the info from you, which differs from the build up thread from what was initially stated as the combo on the Track... it calls for questions to be asked.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

No Joe, if this car went out and cracked an 11.0 at 125 or 128 and who knows what kind of Elapsed time, I would have been quite impressed.

But since none of the info from you, which differs from the build up thread from what was initially stated as the combo on the Track... it calls for questions to be asked.
Oh well. Give it time. The car will be close to that I am sure at some point. It is a heavy pig, and it is hot outside.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Raceweight was 41xx lbs
Is that with driver??? Either way that car is one helluva pig!
My WS6 with a half tank of gas, otherwise stock weighed 3580.

Anyways when somebody posts a thread like this make sure you get all the facts and conditions and elevations. That would seriously clear up soooooo much.
With that said, take the car back when it cools and run it again. Only picking up maybe 10 mph with all that work is sad.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Launching!

i know that's the way he worded it in the video, but you and i both know that he's not directly quoting Owen. If it was a big battle between the 2 shops, Owen and Worm would both be in here hashing it out. That's obviously not happening, and all I see is a bunch of people speaking on their behalf and stirring up a bunch of **** that really isn't even there.

Oh well. Give it time. The car will be close to that I am sure at some point. It is a heavy pig, and it is hot outside.
both of these statements are correct. Owen is obviously having a few problems getting the transmission straight, and right now he's the only person working on this. Every other shop's car is a 6 speed

Originally Posted by scramblerman
Is that with driver??? Either way that car is one helluva pig!
My WS6 with a half tank of gas, otherwise stock weighed 3580.
yes, that's with the driver
Old 06-08-2009, 02:25 AM
Launching!

I dont think its the irs or shorty headers... Has to be weight or something.. My goat had irs and with headers and tune I went 12.3s at 113.. M6 3550 with me in it.. I figure this would be similar.. I know I want one but heck I dont know if its really going to be worth it.. Guess thats why I am snooping around for good deals on a c5 lol
Old 06-08-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by allenwesley
and LMR did NOT run a 12.50 with a cai and a tune! i was at the track watching them run it and they had no chance off breaking into the 12's! and its not like the car gradually got quicker as the putt on the cool air intake on and tuning it, if i remember correctly one off their for faster runs was one off their first funs off the night....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2xB90FLGXk

https://ls1tech.com/forums/2010-cama...ambaddass.html

Quick Reply: New 5th Gen Record - 11.549 @ 120.6