Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

aftermarket appearance upgrades for new Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 03:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default aftermarket appearance upgrades for new Camaro?

ok I know I'm gonna get called a ricer and whatnot for this, but I really don't care

One of the things that I noticed about the release of the new Mustang in 2005 was the simply amazing amount of body kits, hoods, spoilers, WTFever that was released for it even before the car hit the showroom. This is in stark contrast to our 4th gen cars that have almost nothing available for them except one outdated body kit and a few hoods (most of which are based on a factory design). I think one of the things that boosted the Mustang sales greatly was that everywhere you looked there was the same car looking totally different in some way (anyone seen the Eleanor treatment on a new Mustang?) Even Ford got into the mix, introducing the GT California Special...and they have always had partnerships with Steeda, Saleen, Roush, etc. Any predictions on if this will pan out for the Camaro at all? The ability to customize a Mustang is what drew me away from my 95 T/A and into an 03 GT for a while, and I think stuff like this is what has kept the Mustang selling so well all these years...no more "oh look, another T/A..and it looks exactly like mine..."
Old 08-15-2007, 01:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ALl I want is hideaway headlights.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:34 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ultraz
ALl I want is hideaway headlights.
Ahh... didn't think of it, but that would be awesome.

I'm not sure that ground effects would really look at home on a car who's design is largely based on the 1st gen Camaro. Ever seen a 1st gen w/GFX? Looks like ****, IMO.
If they only make a soft top vert, it'd be cool to see an aftermarket hardtop. Has that ever been done for the fbodies? I've never seen it.
I'd like to see a nice variety of available colors. That's what I'm more worried about. Quality leather would be really nice, too. This plasticish factory leather that they've used in the past sucks.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Teching In

it would be nice to see the aftermarket go crazy with everything from intererior, exterior, engine to drivetrain!
Old 08-15-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Resident

glad I'm not the only one that feels this way!
Old 08-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Teching In

Yea, I saw this tv show I think it was rides. Anyway when the new mustang was coming out they had a competition between a bunch of customizing shops. Ford sold them a new mustang for a dollar, I don't know why, and just let them all do what they wanted to them and had a competition at SEMA. That really helped mustangs cause heres this national show and they were showing the brand new stang totally customized showing what could be done. I hope the camaro does the same thing.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im hoping someone makes a nice 69 RS/SS hideaway headlight style thing...
Old 08-15-2007, 01:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd like to see maybe an optional factory side skirt, or hoods, spoilers, stuff like that. If I saw a 5th Gen Camaro that had a body kit like a Tiburon, I'd key it though
Old 08-15-2007, 03:45 PM
On The Tree

It would be awsome if they would get like a sunaco cowl hood. I would put that on mine or some better looking tail lights.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:27 AM
TECH Resident

I think if GM was smart they would do the Ford thing - send out the car to a bunch of tuners and aftermarket shops before it gets released, to bump the hype up dramatically. Hype can mean a helluva lot in the automotive world...