Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

2010 Camaro PROTOTYPE - Here it is!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 10:19 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Some of you guys bitch like little girls. Seriously. How about a little POSITIVE feedback since they are actually building the car for us?

I actually like the sunroof better than t-tops. You guys crying about t-tops must not realize that the original Camaros didn't have them either. Hell, I'd like a huge glass roof like the new CTS Caddy has, if it were available.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Some of you guys bitch like little girls. Seriously. How about a little POSITIVE feedback since they are actually building the car for us?

I actually like the sunroof better than t-tops. You guys crying about t-tops must not realize that the original Camaros didn't have them either. Hell, I'd like a huge glass roof like the new CTS Caddy has, if it were available.
agreed. I actually really like the car as a whole. Im really interested to see what the interior is going to end up looking like since it had some pretty crazy designs in there. Alot of the cars ive had/seen have had problems with the t-tops, so i would have ended up with the hardtop no matter what.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys will be happy to know the front fascia is virtually unchanged.
I seen over a dozen on the floor at work in our other building, and a large portion of them were White. They were pretty complete minus the headlights.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I don't agree with the sunroof. My girlfriend has a brand new g6 with a sunroof and we have had nothing but problems with it. It leaks like mad crazy and GM mechanics can't seem to be able to fix it correctly. That is one thing I do not want to deal with in my car, especially a new Camaro. T-tops leak a little bit but not nearly as bad as the sunroof. I mean the whole car floods when it rains. When we take it in we get nothing but the bs run-around. That is just one thing I do NOT want to deal with on my Camaro, especially since her warranty is coming close to running out, what will we do then? I'll take a hard-top or the way more reliable t-top. If the sunroof is the only "removable roof" option, I'll gladly pass.

I actually like the onstar antenna also, I think it looks pretty sweet. If that little hub has an XM antenna built into it, I'll be extremely happy, 2 birds with 1 stone
Old 01-05-2008, 12:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
I don't agree with the sunroof. My girlfriend has a brand new g6 with a sunroof and we have had nothing but problems with it. It leaks like mad crazy and GM mechanics can't seem to be able to fix it correctly. That is one thing I do not want to deal with in my car, especially a new Camaro. T-tops leak a little bit but not nearly as bad as the sunroof. I mean the whole car floods when it rains. When we take it in we get nothing but the bs run-around. That is just one thing I do NOT want to deal with on my Camaro, especially since her warranty is coming close to running out, what will we do then? I'll take a hard-top or the way more reliable t-top. If the sunroof is the only "removable roof" option, I'll gladly pass.

I actually like the onstar antenna also, I think it looks pretty sweet. If that little hub has an XM antenna built into it, I'll be extremely happy, 2 birds with 1 stone
Good thing the sunroof on the Camaro will be nothing like the G6's
Im really glad they didnt do t-tops, that means a stiffer, more solid chassis.
Hardtop>sun/moonroof>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>targa>t-tops
Old 01-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Car looks good.
I'm assuming the Z28 will come with a rear wing and some other extras?

The worst part about a moon/sun roof is lack of headroom. So being 6.4'', I'll need one without a sunroof (unless they work some headroom miracle). Even my moms Lexus (with moon roof) has very little head room. The same model without the moon roof has more headroom.
Something to think about if your 6'3''+
And T tops would be a very bad idea in the new Camaro.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1BadAction
holy crap, you guys bitch more than a bunch of school girls putting on makeup in the bathroom.

t-tops SUCK, with a capital S. they never seal right in one way or another, the whole trunk is taken up when they are off, you look at one wrong and the latch breaks. I'll take a moonroof over ts any day, and a hard top over both.
+111111111111111111111

As for that type of antenna.. do you see a wire coming out of it? Nope... that means there is a hole in the roof. Gotta have a connection wire.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:32 PM

Guess you never seen t-tops leak. Come out to your car and the whole rear floor has standing water in it. I think the sunroof is awsome! Id love to have a new Camaro.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:33 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,272 Posts

I actually like the onstar antenna also, I think it looks pretty sweet.
Are you serious?

Wow. That is the ONLY thing about the car that I hate at the moment.

Other than that, it's looking pretty damn good. I'm sure the stock wheels will suck, but thankfully that's an easy change.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am amazed at how much it looks like the concept, good job GM!!!!
Unfortunately, since we are all used to the 22" monsters on the concept, those 18"s look kinda small. But probably weigh a hell of a whole lot less too. There's always the aftermarket if you want'em bigger. I don't know why people are complaining about the sunroof. Don't like it, don't order it that way!
And some aftermarket manufacturer will make t-tops for the '10 Camaro, and it will look ghay guaranteed.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:45 PM
FASTEST ALL MOTOR LS1 IN THE COUNTRY

i think the car looks great......Cant wait to get my hands on one......
Old 01-05-2008, 05:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Country Boy
Guess you never seen t-tops leak. Come out to your car and the whole rear floor has standing water in it. I think the sunroof is awsome! Id love to have a new Camaro.

I own a 2 third gens with t-tops and a fourth gen with t-tops and none of those cars even hold a candle to how much water leaks into the g6. For every drop of water that comes in through my t-tops I have a bath tub full from the sunroof. Even if the sunroof is a standard option, it wouldn't stop me from buying one of these, it's just that one part of the car I could honestly do without.

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Are you serious?

Wow. That is the ONLY thing about the car that I hate at the moment.

Other than that, it's looking pretty damn good. I'm sure the stock wheels will suck, but thankfully that's an easy change.
Really? It honestly does not look that bad to me. I'd rather have that than a clipp on antenna like xm currently provides.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think the car looks real good. Although I liked the concept a little bit better (mainly because of the spoiler, But I'm sure GM or some aftermarket company will make them). I'm not for or against the sunroof.

Overall, I'm very happy with the design. I cant wait until they come out!
Old 01-05-2008, 06:14 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Really? It honestly does not look that bad to me. I'd rather have that than a clipp on antenna like xm currently provides.
I think it just breaks up the lines of the car, and is an eye sore on every car that has one. And I'm not a fan of XM or OnStar, so I can do without any of that crap.

Don't get me wrong, I like the car, I'm just hoping that if we complain enough about that fin now, they'll make it hidden like they apperently do on the C6.

Now is the time to voice our opinions, like someone said above, minor things can still be changed now; but once the production version is finished, changes won't be easy.

I, for one, plan to buy this car. And I just want to be as happy as possbile with my $30k+ purchase, just like many of us do.

PS. I agree with you about the sunroof, I would like to get one without that. I'm sure it'll be an option. I wouldn't want T-tops on that car though, I think a hard top will look the best.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I'm just hoping that if we complain enough about that fin now, they'll make it hidden like they apperently do on the C6.
I had no idea that GM did that on the c6's, if they could make it hidden I would like that better. I just don't like wires running all over the place and I figured that that little hub antenna would be the best bet, but by all means let them hide it
Old 01-05-2008, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Arachnotron
The sunroof will definitely be optional. Here's a comparison with the concept. Looks close enough for me. The only minor thing I don't really like is the reverse lamps.

With the exception of the rear spoiler and rear marker light it looks the same... I'll stick with my 98
Old 01-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

On the C6 corvette the xm antennas are in both side mirrors and the onstar antenna is in the front header panel. That cost more to do so thats probably why the cheaper camaro will probably have the single shark fin type antenna. As far as the difference in concept and prototype I think the back end shoud be flatter, but would buy it anyway. Anyone have a pick of the front?
Old 01-05-2008, 11:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Now imagine it with some TTII's, meatier rear tires, berger rear panel and smoked tails.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I like it. As long as it's not over 3500lbs and has something at least as powerful as the LS3...
Old 01-06-2008, 12:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BLACK05GTO
Car looks good.
I'm assuming the Z28 will come with a rear wing and some other extras?

The worst part about a moon/sun roof is lack of headroom. So being 6.4'', I'll need one without a sunroof (unless they work some headroom miracle). Even my moms Lexus (with moon roof) has very little head room. The same model without the moon roof has more headroom.
Something to think about if your 6'3''+
And T tops would be a very bad idea in the new Camaro.
That's odd...I'm 6'3" and I have no problems with head room in most cars...In fact, I had plenty in an old MGB I just test drove with the top up. You probably have more length in your torso and neck and I have more in my legs...

Quick Reply: 2010 Camaro PROTOTYPE - Here it is!