Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Camaro Goes Hybrid, As GM Axes Rear-Drive Impala, LaCrosse?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
Most people buy a car for looks, not performance. The point in a V6 is so that anyone who likes the looks can afford the car more easily. Building a car based on the engine is not good business sense and it ends up like the GTO. Not everyone wants the looks of the impala or malibu, most people want the camaro look and performance has no bearing on their decision. The masses outnumber us, and GM has to make money on the car and make it available to the masses if they want it to survive
There is no doubt the Camaro will sell if priced right. It will sell probably 10 to 1 v6 models to performance-minded v8s. Out of all the mustangs on the road, im sure less than 30% are v8 models. People want the looks. The average person looks at a car and says "that looks cool" or "ewww thats ugly" they dont say "wow it does 0-60 in 4.8 seconds" or "wow it pulled .98 g's on the skidpad" etc. GM has to sell what sells, and they have to be making money on it, not losing money.
See my comment on the first page.

Thanks Scoggin Dickey! I get really tired of all the mullet-wearing retards on this site that say "...if it aint 500hp with t-tops and a useless back seat and trunk then it will suck..."

Dont blame GM, if they built only performance oriented vehicles they would be out of business.

It would be nice to see the pontiac division be a mirror of the Holden lineup in Australia. Just have 3 or 4 nice model cars to compete in classes where Chevy doesnt have any cars. Why should an auto maker compete against itself?? They should never build another firebird, just bring the gto back as a G7 or something, make it more luxurious than the camaro, and priced accordingly. Have the camaro be the "affordable sportscar."

Either way, GM has really screwed themself by not having the Camaro out for an 07 or 08 model, especially with all the hype the movie gave it.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Banned

wow you people believe what ever is posted on these threads......relax ........
Old 02-12-2008, 04:10 PM
11 Second Club

My point is Syclone...that if they would have focused on the engine that makes the Camaro...it might have already been out...and how dare you insult my mullet..lol
Old 02-23-2008, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

if the government would spend lest time worrying about the gas mileage and start worrying about how the Gas companies are price gouging like a MO FO every time some one sneezes then we wouldn't have anything to worry about that, but they aren't going to do that because they are payed WAY to well to do that BY THE GAS COMPANIES. my vote, Hostile take over, kill all CEO's of fuel company's and take over.