Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

What if the camaro isnt what we thought

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 11:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What if the camaro isnt what we thought

Think about how much we have been talking about, dreaming about and how long we have been waiting for it come around.

Rember the movie cloverfeild? Good movie, but it wasnt that good and there was so much hype about it that you wanted more, expected more and were a bit let down.

GM has yet to even tell us what the hell is going to be powering it, or how much power its getting or the weight of the car etc

For all we know, it could be a over weighted pig worse than the mustang and gasp.........Weight the same or more than the Charger or a 300...

Im just hoping its going to be a good car

Its coming into the game to damn late!
Old 02-28-2008, 12:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They need to reveal the specs already because I think while they wait the people will be sick of waiting for the specs and will end up buying a mustang or challenger. If the specs are good, it would give the people more reason to wait for the camaro, but this is ridiculous that they haven't revealed the powerplant yet.

The longer they wait, the more they get people's hope's up, and there is only one way to go once your hope's are up so high...down...
Old 02-28-2008, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

The powerplant could still be in R&D, being tested. They won't tell us if they don't even know if it'll make it in the first year.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The reason it's likely to not make it is because they're comming in WAY to late. The actual Challengers won't be out untill 2009, but the SRT8 is here NEXT MONTH for f***s sake! And GM still hasn't even shown an official picture. They're trying to keep the suspense up, but all they're doing is disheartening true fans.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Hydramatic
The powerplant could still be in R&D, being tested. They won't tell us if they don't even know if it'll make it in the first year.
Ok, if they haven't figured out the powerplant yet, then its already over. GM has some great powerplants to work with, and IMHO, if the LS3/LS7 is good enough for the vette, then they should have no problem setting one in a Camaro.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Launching!

Maybe they're waiting for the G8 to sell a bunch before they trump it with a 450+hp Camaro.
I was tired of waiting a while ago but what are you gonna do?
Old 02-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I heard from a very reliable inside source that the Camaro is going to be getting an all new turbo 4-cylinder.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

Somebody is disclosing the fact that they have put a large down payment on one and was issued a build number, I want to call BS but maybe you guys can confirm this.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:30 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2008 GXP
Somebody is disclosing the fact that they have put a large down payment on one and was issued a build number, I want to call BS but maybe you guys can confirm this.
Yes, that was me.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
I heard from a very reliable inside source that the Camaro is going to be getting an all new turbo 4-cylinder.

shhhhhhh!

It might give some people on here heart attacks!
Old 02-29-2008, 06:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2008 GXP
Whoever that is needs to put down the crack pipe.

Join me in raising the flag:
Old 02-29-2008, 06:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

If it isn't then my 94 Z28 will be built a whole lot sooner and my future G8 can start getting modded.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Are you guys serious? (If it's a good engine, I'm all for it). But are you sure it isn't the 2.0 liter Ecotec turbo found in the:
Pontiac Solstice
Saturn Sky
New Chevy Cobalt SS
Chevy HHR SS
Old 02-29-2008, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

or think of the transformers movie. there was a lot of hype about it and it was the coolest freaking thing ever! first time i saw it i had goosebumps for two hours straight, and that is probably (hopefully) gonna be the case when I get my new camaro.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

I dont know when some people say they are TRUE fans (camaro), yet they rant about it not coming soon enough or this or that they would rather get a mustang or challenger, that doesn't sound like a true camaro fan to me. I dont even consider myself a full heart camaro fan but I am committed to buying one...soooo wtf?
Old 02-29-2008, 11:26 PM
Banned

Yeah , all you guy's hurry up & sell your F-bodies right away & sock that money in savings so when GM finally gets around to settin em on the showroom floors you'll be ready to scarf them suckers up before anybody else . What a crock of **** !
Nothing at GM concerning the "RUMORED" new Camaro is set in stone . And that includes the availability of the car itself.
I'll believe it when I actually see them in dealer showrooms .
As we speak GM is losing BILLIONS ,laying off employee's, shutting down plants all over the country,parts suppliers on strike. Hell man, can't ya'll read the handwritting on the wall ?
Old 02-29-2008, 11:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER
As we speak GM is losing BILLIONS...
GM's 2007 loss was $37.8 billion! This loss is nearly three times the current value of the entire company ($13.1 billion).
Old 03-01-2008, 02:37 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,246 Posts

Originally Posted by hc8719
Are you guys serious? (If it's a good engine, I'm all for it). But are you sure it isn't the 2.0 liter Ecotec turbo found in the:
Pontiac Solstice
Saturn Sky
New Chevy Cobalt SS
Chevy HHR SS
No, not serious. And why would you be "all for" a 4cyl in a Camaro? You should lose your man card for that.

Personally, I would not buy a Z28 or SS with anything less than 8 cylinders. Call me old fashioned.

Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER
As we speak GM is losing BILLIONS ,laying off employee's, shutting down plants all over the country,parts suppliers on strike. Hell man, can't ya'll read the handwritting on the wall ?
What wall are you reading? Sounds like regurgitated liberial media BS to me. They like to put a doomsday spin on everything they can, but you have to remember that *how* they tell the story can often change the nature of the story itself. GM did not lose billions in cash for '07, they are offering buyouts to highly paid workers that are at or near retirement age, with the hopes of creating jobs for younger workers at lower salaries to keep operational expenses down. You want something to worry about? Worry about Ford. Here are the stock prices as of the close of Wall Street on 2/29/08: GM: $23.28, Ford: $6.53.

Originally Posted by Gary Z
GM's 2007 loss was $37.8 billion! This loss is nearly three times the current value of the entire company ($13.1 billion).
And if they had actually lost $37.8 billion in cash, they would currently be out of busniess. My comments above apply here too. That was not an operational loss, but rather due to unused tax credits. Try to look past the media spin. For some reason, the American media loves to give everything related to GM a much worse spin than the actual facts dictate

Last edited by RPM WS6; 03-01-2008 at 02:42 AM.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Banned

"RIGHT"! The big kahoona has spoken , all hail the big kahoona !
Old 03-01-2008, 11:09 AM
On The Tree

Just because GM lost $37.8 billion last year does not mean they would be out of business. That simply means it would actually cost them more money to shut down and go out of business than it does to stay in business and continue losing money. Their fixed costs are much higher than the $37.8 billion. They would have to pay the employees, costs for their facilities and plants, companies they owe money to (Dupont, Onstar, etc) all of the money if they shut down today. So in reality they are losing billions upon billions, but it makes more sense for them to stay in business. Things will eventually turn around...

Quick Reply: What if the camaro isnt what we thought