Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Z28 Confirmed Canceled by GM

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 03:10 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone else notice all the stang owners who registered just to crap in this section? Must not have much going on in their personal lives. Can't win on the street so they try to win on the internet.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dom
Can't win on the street so they try to win on the internet.
That's classic...
Old 07-27-2008, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not all us Stang owners are here to bash. I have just as much interest in the new Camaro as anyone here....even though I'm not looking to buy one (can't afford it). But its funny how I can make informative posts all day and get completely ignored, while one or two idiots (that happen to have Mustangs) get crowned with the "Speaks for all Mustang Owners" banner. Don't judge us all by the lowest common denominator. I don't associate with idiots, even when they happen to drive Mustangs.

Besides, there's plenty more GM guys in this section bashing the new Camaro than there are Mustang guys.......by FAR.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Launching!

Besides, there's plenty more GM guys in this section bashing the new Camaro than there are Mustang guys.......by FAR.[/QUOTE]

I'm a GM guy... And the new 'camaro is a lard-*** that NEEDS a powerful motor just to move it's overweight torso quickly...

The C6 employs an unsurpassed amount of weight reduction techniques and...

WELLAHHHH! We have a contender--- not a TURD.

For $30k+ lets see some lightweight materials.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:09 AM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
Not all us Stang owners are here to bash. I have just as much interest in the new Camaro as anyone here....even though I'm not looking to buy one (can't afford it). But its funny how I can make informative posts all day and get completely ignored, while one or two idiots (that happen to have Mustangs) get crowned with the "Speaks for all Mustang Owners" banner. Don't judge us all by the lowest common denominator. I don't associate with idiots, even when they happen to drive Mustangs.

Besides, there's plenty more GM guys in this section bashing the new Camaro than there are Mustang guys.......by FAR.
I though that the 0000000 guy was your leader. My bad.

GM guys can bash the new camaro all they want. They'll stick with their 4 gens and after getting spanked by the 5th gen over and over, they'll wise up. We went through the same thing in 98 when they LS1 came out. Majority hated the front end redesign. But after the 50+hp more powerful LS1 showed the LT1 who is boss, many changed their mind. There are still heads/cam LT1s that run slower then my intake/muffler LS1 guys holding out though. lol
Old 07-28-2008, 12:53 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Dom

GM guys can bash the new camaro all they want. They'll stick with their 4 gens and after getting spanked by the 5th gen over and over, they'll wise up. We went through the same thing in 98 when they LS1 came out. Majority hated the front end redesign. But after the 50+hp more powerful LS1 showed the LT1 who is boss, many changed their mind. There are still heads/cam LT1s that run slower then my intake/muffler LS1 guys holding out though. lol

I was one of the 1980's holdouts until I just couldn't deny technology and aluminum motors...

If it were only about 1/4 mi. times I guess my "BOLT-ON" (if valvesprings count as bolt-ons) 1989 Turbo Trans Am that weighed 3380lbs. and went 11.60-11.80 just this spring on DR's with a 1.5x short time @117mpn.
went pretty good for old school.

I hated to:

1. Only be able to use 100 octane fuel to make the# (25lbs boost)
2. The automatic kinda sucked for driving fun
3. I NEVER could get the rear main to stop pissing oil. (THIS is why I sold the car...) It would drip on the exhaust and make a cloud as the car warmed up...

The LS1 cars I've owned didn't leak. PERIOD.

I love my M6 and as soon as I break the 10 bolt I'm gonna put a 4.10 in it (9" this time) as I had one prior to this car but stock motor and it was an absolute riot to drive!

GM needs to make a car to rival that 'ol 89 TTA.... PERIOD.

BTW I got 30 mpg with it one time on the highway (2.27 gear).
Old 07-28-2008, 12:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dom
Good god NO. Just because he owns the same kind of car as me doesn't mean we are pals......or share the same opinions on this topic. Just like I'm sure there are plenty of total jerk-offs driving F-bods that you wouldn't want to be associated with.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:33 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
Good god NO. Just because he owns the same kind of car as me doesn't mean we are pals......or share the same opinions on this topic. Just like I'm sure there are plenty of total jerk-offs driving F-bods that you wouldn't want to be associated with.
yeah you actually imply logic and reasoning into your posts as where the only thing spewing from some ppl are just "I think the new Camaro sucks you should feel the same way"
Old 07-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
FWIW Guys, GM also said there would be no new Camaro, and look where we are today...

RIGHT ! And today we still don't have a new Camaro !
Old 07-28-2008, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by z28voodoo
yeah you actually imply logic and reasoning into your posts as where the only thing spewing from some ppl are just "I think the new Camaro sucks you should feel the same way"
Yea. For some ppl, expressing their opinion simply isn't enough. They want to broadcast it so loud that it gets tatoo'd on everyone's brain. I think they honestly feel that if they spew the same viewpoint over and over that eventually they'll override everyone else's opinions and theirs will become accepted reality.

But as the wiseman once said....insanity is the act of repeating the same action over and over while expecting different results each time.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wonder what stripping the backseat out and removing the sound deadening material for lightweight carpet would do for the weight of a 5th gen? Wonder what those 20's weight too? 18's would have sufficed me. The fat can be cut. I like the look. I just think it needs a selective diet. I pray they make a stripper model. And bring back the 1LE package. That would be sweet. Maybe, just maybe that could be the Z-28 of the future.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99Tara
Wonder what stripping the backseat out and removing the sound deadening material for lightweight carpet would do for the weight of a 5th gen? Wonder what those 20's weight too? 18's would have sufficed me. The fat can be cut. I like the look. I just think it needs a selective diet. I pray they make a stripper model. And bring back the 1LE package. That would be sweet. Maybe, just maybe that could be the Z-28 of the future.
As I posted in another thread here, you can lighten it up easy without gutting. I always remove jack/spare. That's at least 50lbs. You have 6 airbags I don't care about. Bumper supports, lightweight K and other suspension components, headers reduce the weight, aftermarket verter is 20lbs lighter. You're back in the 4th gen weight class.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dom
There 4 of us in case you wondering lol. I dont enjow every facet of my Stang either. A good example would be the 2 piece spark plugs that break off in our heads! So sit back & enjoy my opinions regarding the 2010 Camaro. Maybe it will grow on me.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 0000000000
There 4 of us in case you wondering lol. I dont enjow every facet of my Stang either. A good example would be the 2 piece spark plugs that break off in our heads! So sit back & enjoy my opinions regarding the 2010 Camaro. Maybe it will grow on me.

There are good and bad points in all cars, the fth Gen Camaro is going to be weight and Maybe the IRS ( Drag Bags will fix it) lets hope it's not as fragile as the Vette rear. I just bought an 06 (used) for my wife and it's already in the shop rear end issues, door panels keep falling off when the doors are closed, A/C **** broke off twice, turn Sig don't work... man I hope the Camaro quality is better.
I have not had any issues with my S197 and it has over 50K, the weak links on the S197 are the Spark Plugs, 2-peice Drive shaft, Weak motor as far as limited boost before it goes boom!! 450 RWHP is max yet the auto tranny can handle over 500 and the rearend can take over 700.

00000000 -you do realize that the 2010 Mustang, even if it gets the 400hp 5.0 it will weight close to 3800 right, New safety regs, more options, Ect.
from 2005 the weight was around 3450lbs to 2009 3590lbs just in added options, the 50 will weight more than the 4.6L and some Gov safety crap will be added, and once again the Mustang will fall behind the Camaro in times. Ford for some reason is reluctent to give the GT more power than the top Camaro. maybe it's to sell more Top end Cobras / SVT / GT500, ect..?

Quick Reply: Z28 Confirmed Canceled by GM