Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

2010 V6 Camaro.... Sleeper Time

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 06:37 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
Congrats on the Cavalier GT. You are right, it is a more proper girl car

BTW, nice attempt at trying to make me feel silly for owning a blown Mustang. But you should leave tasks like that to someone more talented than yourself.
Bring your lil pony one state over to TX. You can line up with the GTO anytime you wish. I'll even let my wife drive against you. As for talent, all I have to say is compare the hardware in your signature with mine. I've owned, raced, and wrenched on plenty of 4.6L mod-motors....and they suck. I'm not just some GM guy that has never had a Mustang before. I was a diehard Mustang guy until Ford began serving doses of FAIL under the hood of their 1996+ Mustangs.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Bring your lil pony one state over to TX. You can line up with the GTO anytime you wish. I'll even let my wife drive against you. As for talent, all I have to say is compare the hardware in your signature with mine. I've owned, raced, and wrenched on plenty of 4.6L mod-motors....and they suck. I'm not just some GM guy that has never had a Mustang before. I was a diehard Mustang guy until Ford began serving doses of FAIL under the hood of their 1996+ Mustangs.
I never said I was trying to be faster than anyone......so stop acting like I was calling anyone out. But calling my car a turd cuz you're up on your high ego was uncalled for. Hence my retort. I just think you're reacting like a 17 yr old fanboy, rather than someone with years of experience in this hobby. Not everyone is looking to drive around a 10 second car to work everyday, and I don't get why someone like you need have such a huge chip on your shoulder about a car that you obviously don't care about.

You don't like my car (or any modern Mustang)...that's cool. I never asked you to. But don't go nutswinging on me just because I state a few given facts about the capabilities of the current 4.6 (like it won't blow up after 400hp if you know what you're doing).

Thank you.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

"You GM guys are so stubborn! The main concentration should be V8 vs Rice not Ford vs Chevy! " -00000000

I didn't make it out to be Ford vs Chevy, you did. Way to contradict yourself! And myself, along with the rest of the "GM" guys on this site joined because we actually own GM cars. Why did you join? . . . bet it had nothing to do with Ford vs Chevy.

Last edited by Mong00z; 07-30-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 0000000000
"Say hello to Mr. Wrecked SS"

IMO, the V6 versions are for those who cant afford the extra $$ for the V8 variant. I consider a V6 a poser. Performance begins with a base V8 car! Also, what kind of person jumps into a high power car & wrecks it immediately??? If you are responsible, this will not happen.
That's silly.

I would take a V6 Camaro in a heartbeat. There's nothing poser about 300 HP in a V6.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

"Say hello to Mr. Wrecked SS"

IMO, the V6 versions are for those who cant afford the extra $$ for the V8 variant. I consider a V6 a poser. Performance begins with a base V8 car! Also, what kind of person jumps into a high power car & wrecks it immediately??? If you are responsible, this will not happen.
- Dear 0000000

**** off and die.

Sincerely -
Semper

--- To extrapolate on the above; I'm so sick of this guy. He thinks his new Mustang is the **** 100%. And you know, kid, all I read from your "V6 is lol ****" post? You're afraid. Your shitty little V6 Mustangs have less Horsepower than a Civic Si. And the V6 Camaro has more wheel horsepower than your GT does bone stock. Wanna know something else? That 3.9 from the Caddi, with a CAI and a tune, makes 294 to the wheels. It WILL smoke your silly little 4.6, 40-year-old engine. Ford needs to get with the times or they're going to fall so far behind it hurts.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Launching!

The thing that sucks is that the more powerful those stock V8s get from the factory, the more and more out of reach they're going to become money wise. The bar has been raised so much that affordable and V8 dont really go hand in hand like pony/muscle cars were intended to be anymore.

And if this Camaro makes it to the next generation, that V6 is probably going to be in the 325-350hp range in stock form... creeping closer and closer to those of us with LS1s, which honestly IMO is a good thing because a Pony Car is suppose to be powerful and affordable, but times changes and the V6 has taken the V8s old spot in that price and power range.... it was bound to happen eventually.

But I cant really see a lot of you trading in your LS1s just to have a next gen Camaro unless the car ran with an LS1 stock vs stock to begin with. Especially because a lot of us already have modded cars or at least have started to mod them. At that point its really just a preference in body style, not power or power potential. Its "I like the way this new one looks over the one I have now".
Old 07-30-2008, 08:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS1Transhed
But I cant really see a lot of you trading in your LS1s just to have a next gen Camaro unless the car ran with an LS1 stock vs stock to begin with. Especially because a lot of us already have modded cars or at least have started to mod them. At that point its really just a preference in body style, not power or power potential. Its "I like the way this new one looks over the one I have now".
Especially for the V6. Nothing like losing a FULL second in the .25 & aquiring $20,000 more in debt!!!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Launching!

Oh I meant the V6, I should have made that more clear, lol.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ok then, since all of that is out the way..

imo i think the v6 will have some excellent potential, with forced induction.
or even just some headers, exhaust, cai. etc.
the way gm builds motors, i would not shy away from having a t76 pump
10 psi in a stock v6 motor. if i ever own a v6 5th, which i may eventually
Old 07-30-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Especially for the V6. Nothing like losing a FULL second in the .25 & aquiring $20,000 more in debt!!!
please, just go away
Somehow I doubt that many here will get rid of their LS1 cars to get a V6 5th gen. Some might, but maybe because they want something different to play with. And guess what, I'm sure most people here wouldn't go $20k in debt, but pay a decent down payment (I've gotten the impression that most here have enough money to put several K down on a car, at least).

Admit it, you are here just to bash the 5th gen every chance you get. Your little comments "oh I'm pulling for you guys" aren't very convincing at all considering the content of 99% of the rest of your posts.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:32 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I never said I was trying to be faster than anyone......so stop acting like I was calling anyone out. But calling my car a turd cuz you're up on your high ego was uncalled for. Hence my retort. I just think you're reacting like a 17 yr old fanboy, rather than someone with years of experience in this hobby. Not everyone is looking to drive around a 10 second car to work everyday, and I don't get why someone like you need have such a huge chip on your shoulder about a car that you obviously don't care about.
Let me remind you who started talking **** between you and I first.

Sounds like someone didn't know what the **** they were doing while tuning that GT. I'm over 400rwhp on a 100% bonestock motor. And there's tons of S197s running close to 500rwhp on the stock motor as well. Ppl who can't tune for **** are the only reason the 3V motor doesn't survive between 400 and 500rwhp. PERIOD.
Nice assumption jackass. Our Mustang bent two rods on the baseline tune, while on the Dynojet being tuned. They didn't even get into the tuning of it before the rods bent and started knocking. This was at a well respected shop that has built quite a few 400+ rwhp late mod-motor cars. Had nothing to do with the tune in this situation, maybe my Mustang was just a POS? BTW, the engine was replaced under warranty due to a Ford TSB that listed some of the engine decks were over-milled and that pistons could contact the cylinder head. Our car fell into that VIN group.

So yes, I suppose MY Mustang was a piece of ****. You came at me first, saying the tuner was to blame. So, I made fun of your supercharged turd. Any modern V8 in the 400 rwhp range with a supercharger just plain sucks. Maybe you came over here to help realize that?

Don't feel bad, I once had a slow POS 1996 Mustang GT also. I gave the mod-motor a chance right when they came out. Did all the bolt-ons, track testing, dyno testing, blah blah blah. Still a turd. Started saving up for a Vortech and then the LS1 came out. That Vortech fund made a nice down payment on a new 1998 Formula. Never looked back, and gladly so.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So I make an offcolor remark about the shop doing your tuning, and your response was to get all insulting and personal??? Why is that? Were YOU the one doing the tuning? Because as far as I can tell, I never took a swing at you.....as clearly pointed out in my post which you quoted. So, whatever dude. I had no problem with your opinion, just your junior high grade way of communicating it.

I came to this site to learn about LSX cars...including the upcoming 5th gen. I've never started **** with anyone since I've been here. Go back and read every post I've ever made if you think I'm lying.

And far as my car's power being sucky(as you put it)....well, it's because I'm only running a 4 psi pulley at the moment. Nothing else has been done to the drivetrain outside of the blower......stock exhaust, stock fuel system, stock clutch, etc. I could be making close to or over 500 with a 10 psi pulley and full exhaust, but I've decided that I like the car right where it is for the time being. And last time I checked, I was the only one that my car needed to satisfy. So I guess I'll just have to suffer the agony of driving my supercharged turd. It's ok, I'll manage somehow.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:22 AM
On The Tree

NineBall! Just kick this dude out, hes only here to start crap, and who the hell is dumb enough to start talking crap to the administrators.... Just kick him out, im sure we can get a raise of hands who wont mind!
Old 07-31-2008, 07:53 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

So I make an offcolor remark about the shop doing your tuning, and your response was to get all insulting and personal???
Where did this get personal? You made fun of a shop, I made fun of your car. I never made fun of you personally. Seems rather impersonal to me. You might be a hell of a guy, just your car sucks. Well, not really the car, just the 4.6L engine in it. I actually like those cars with a decent engine in them.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

This is an entertaining thread. One reason I would consider a V6 is to get the car I like (say an RS), and then stuff a 427cid LSx between the towers. And then wait for the Mustangs to come fishing. There is more than one way to get to a performance goal. If someone is going to modify their car heavily (as I did my last LS1 car), they are better off starting out with the less expensive platform.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Where did this get personal? You made fun of a shop, I made fun of your car. I never made fun of you personally. Seems rather impersonal to me. You might be a hell of a guy, just your car sucks. Well, not really the car, just the 4.6L engine in it. I actually like those cars with a decent engine in them.
Well we'll just drop this then........a water under the bridge kinda thing. I don't like getting into redass posting quarrels with ppl on these boards, I'm not that kind of guy. Like I said, I came here to learn....and offer whatever info I have that might prove useful to others here. I never expected anyone on this site to give me any kind of props on my car.......I know where I am.

Now back to your regularly scheduled V6 5th gen thread.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

"This is a V8 site. Can most of you really say you will step down & buy a 6 cyl camaro."

And I HAVE an LSx V8, which I absolutely adore....which I will be keeping.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Hydramatic
"This is a V8 site. Can most of you really say you will step down & buy a 6 cyl camaro."
I wouldn't consider it really stepping down. I plan on keeping my V8 (my first car) as long as possible and modding it for weekend fun and the track. I just think the V6 RS will be a fun daily driver that may surprise some people.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mong00z
I wouldn't consider it really stepping down
Are you sure you will not want the SS edition after you buy the RS? I happen to think you would. Subjectively speaking, going from a V8 to a V6 is very significant, regardless of HP.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mong00z
I wouldn't consider it really stepping down. I plan on keeping my V8 (my first car) as long as possible and modding it for weekend fun and the track. I just think the V6 RS will be a fun daily driver that may surprise some people.
I'm sorry, I was quoting 000000000! lol

I fully agree with you! The wavysmilie was a ME MEEEE! I'll BUY ONE!

I would very much like to buy an RS for a cruiser.

Quick Reply: 2010 V6 Camaro.... Sleeper Time