Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

CNBC Camaro Documentary!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would you really expect GM come out and publicly bash the UAW? That would go over real well....

And of course they put themselves in this situation. They (I'm assuming you mean the execs.) make the bad decisions to over pay its workers and bend to the often times questionable demands from the UAW. Hell that very last article you posted yourself shows how much more profitable you can be when you're not bleeding money.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 383ss
thank god most of the rest of the country doesn't have the rediculous prices that NJ and most of the NE do.

27/hr or 32/hr is a damn good salary in the majority of the country and you can easily afford a nice house on it in MOST places.

most would agree its a shitload of money for someone standing on an assembly line.
I went and looked online and found many manufactured homes under 100k in that area.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackened2k
would you really expect GM come out and publicly bash the UAW? That would go over real well....

And of course they put themselves in this situation. They (I'm assuming you mean the execs.) make the bad decisions to over pay its workers and bend to the often times questionable demands from the UAW. Hell that very last article you posted yourself shows how much more profitable you can be when you're not bleeding money.

tell you what. when its time for you retire i hope your employer tells you you dont get benefits or a pension because its for the good of the co. future and tough **** fend for yourself.

fact is the UAW could go away completely and it wouldnt even begin to solve GMs problems. but i guess its the UAWs fault GM treated its customers like **** and made subpar vehicles for decades causing them to buy foreign vehicles?

truth is the UAW warned them about making poor quality and uncompetitive vehicles as it says in that link and saw this coming.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by enginjoe
I went and looked online and found many manufactured homes under 100k in that area.

show me where.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

LOL some of guys need to get your facts straight. have any of you union haters read the latest GM/UAW agreement regarding benefits and jobs banks and pay increases ect? OBVIOUSLY NOT. im just reading anti union hatred. post up with some facts and go from there im not doing it for you.live in denial and keep hating its your choice.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Launching!

I posted my facts. Random chatter is not going to change my mind.

My retirement will be just fine, because despite not having a glorious almighty Union my company takes care of its employee's. ESOP, nice 401k, great health benefits. not to mention decent pay to begin with.

And your retirement should start with you! Take your money and invest it yourself. Set up your own retirement funds. Why should you expect any more than a fair wage from your employer?
Old 08-08-2008, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

I posted my facts. Random chatter is not going to change my mind.

My retirement will be just fine, because despite not having a glorious almighty Union my company takes care of its employee's. ESOP, nice 401k, great health benefits. not to mention decent pay to begin with.

And your retirement should start with you! Take your money and invest it yourself. Set up your own retirement funds. Why should you expect any more than a fair wage from your employer?

and i posted mine without any hatred involved.

did you read that link about 401ks? its fact most employers contribute ****. do you really think an avg. middle class worker has enough of their own money to invest when they have a mort. car payment and a family to support. LOL get real.

and if your employers retirement pkg. isnt guaranteed in writing you can bet on changes drastically reducing it. unless your a state or govt employee that just rapes taxpayers. LOL.

i know my employer changed my pension where ill lose a ton of ******* money where my union competitor has a GUARANTEED pension after 30 yrs. regardless of age, no penalty or any other BS formula that would cause a reduction. keep thinking your employer wont screw you. ive heard that story many times only to have it end badly. maybe youre one of the fortunate people but alot arent. thats where unions come in.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

All I will say is GM is in bad shape..And the board approves the job that Wagoner is doing. What a ******* joke..."bringing in a new CEO would disrupt things to much" What a laugher that statement is
Old 08-08-2008, 09:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Dan
All I will say is GM is in bad shape..And the board approves the job that Wagoner is doing. What a ******* joke..."bringing in a new CEO would disrupt things to much" What a laugher that statement is

yes, why would you want the loss of billions each quarter disrupted. LOL. but dont you know thats the UAWs fault?

but like most CEOs im betting GMs BOD are filled with his buddies. thats why hes still there. apparently the stockholders arent happy with him. ill never touch GM stock as long as wagoner is in charge.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Launching!

I'm sorry you've been burned so many times in life. Just because some companies are out to screw people doesn't mean they all do. Same as Unions, I know. And really if you can't afford to at least put something away in a 401k (free money assuming your employer matches your contribution) or at least an IRA you're doing something wrong and I have no sympathy for you. It doesn't take much to start building a retirement fund.

But yea GM stock? at 9-10 bucks a share it could be a long term play if you can handle some risk.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
show me where.
Here's some real estate in Eatontown. Looks expensive on average, but there are some cheap ones. To get cheaper you might have to go 20 to 30 minutes away like Avenel, where I found a whole list of mobile homes under 100k.

http://www.coldwellbankermoves.com/r.../eatontown.htm

http://www.mhvillage.com/Brokers/Nei....php?key=ideal

Try the internets, it's great for finding things.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by enginjoe
Here's some real estate in Eatontown. Looks expensive on average, but there are some cheap ones. To get cheaper you might have to go 20 to 30 minutes away like Avenel, where I found a whole list of mobile homes under 100k.

http://www.coldwellbankermoves.com/r.../eatontown.htm

http://www.mhvillage.com/Brokers/Nei....php?key=ideal

Try the internets, it's great for finding things.

trust me theres nothing worth it thats considered cheap in eatontown and avenel is more than 20 minutes away. try mapquest. its great for that.

but my point was that 58k a yr isnt a ton of money like union haters on here are making it out to be. while you and others are quick to criticize UAW workers skill level have you ever been in a plant? i havent but im not so quick to judge someone just because they make more money than me. i also dont badmouth someone because theyre smart enough to find a descent paying job without a degree. you think theyre overpaid? you know what? WGAF. live with it. im not losing sleep because the aholes at my job at their HQs are thinking of ways to cut my hrs. i just go to work and make the best of it. just like most UAW workers ill bet.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm sorry you've been burned so many times in life. Just because some companies are out to screw people doesn't mean they all do. Same as Unions, I know. And really if you can't afford to at least put something away in a 401k (free money assuming your employer matches your contribution) or at least an IRA you're doing something wrong and I have no sympathy for you. It doesn't take much to start building a retirement fund.

But yea GM stock? at 9-10 bucks a share it could be a long term play if you can handle some risk.
not just me. many people i know of all skill levels. ive seen mngt lie, intimidate and harass people because they either thought they could get away with it or people are too scared to do anything about it. i learned the hard way its illegal and in the future if it happens again ill take legal action. thats my retirement fund.

just because corp. says how things should be doesnt make it right and it shouldnt be defended or excused. its easy to push workers around when theres no union to stop it from happening. and because of this they arent going away so get used to it.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:07 AM
WANNABE GENIUS

It takes a big man to tell someone let alone an entire union what they are worth. What do you think, The UAW walks in with a list of demands and GM either accepts or declines. GM has demands over this to. Dont believe me then just ask the hundreds walking outta their factories for the last time. 60K the top salary for UAW workers and that an average wage in todays world. Its not the fault of Unions that Wal-Mart slave labor prices are the going demand in prices. This country has very little appreciation for hard work anymore
Old 08-09-2008, 06:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by wannabess00
It takes a big man to tell someone let alone an entire union what they are worth. What do you think, The UAW walks in with a list of demands and GM either accepts or declines. GM has demands over this to. Dont believe me then just ask the hundreds walking outta their factories for the last time. 60K the top salary for UAW workers and that an average wage in todays world. Its not the fault of Unions that Wal-Mart slave labor prices are the going demand in prices. This country has very little appreciation for hard work anymore

i really thought people on this site were more informed about this but they arent.

its easier to hate unions than find out the real cause of GMs problems. typical behavior these days sadly.

whats really funny is people who think they know how to deal with unions and have all the answers like "get rid of them" or "claim bankruptcy" which is real stupid wouldnt last 2 minutes at a bargaining table with gettlefinger and anyone else. but from behind a keyboard theyre king CEO LOL.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:09 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
and i posted mine without any hatred involved.

did you read that link about 401ks? its fact most employers contribute ****. do you really think an avg. middle class worker has enough of their own money to invest when they have a mort. car payment and a family to support. LOL get real.

and if your employers retirement pkg. isnt guaranteed in writing you can bet on changes drastically reducing it. unless your a state or govt employee that just rapes taxpayers. LOL.

i know my employer changed my pension where ill lose a ton of ******* money where my union competitor has a GUARANTEED pension after 30 yrs. regardless of age, no penalty or any other BS formula that would cause a reduction. keep thinking your employer wont screw you. ive heard that story many times only to have it end badly. maybe youre one of the fortunate people but alot arent. thats where unions come in.
its pretty obvious, your a liberal. nanny state much??

any RESPONSIBLE person can contribute 5% to their 401k and have a house, car, kids etc... its called living within your means and taking responisbility for youself. not relying on the government or some union to be responsible for you.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

any RESPONSIBLE person can contribute 5% to their 401k and have a house, car, kids etc... its called living within your means and taking responisbility for youself. not relying on the government or some union to be responsible for you.
im not anything. no idea WTF youre talking about. im going by my past experiences with employers and mngt. thats why i feel like i do.

ok, so your avg american worker makes what 30k or so a yr. LOL 5% is ****. trying living on that and nothing else come retirement time. i never said anything about govt assistance but i do think pensions are a necessity for most middle class workers. WTF, if you cant afford to pay someone 2-3k a month after 30 yrs of service then you cant afford to pay a CEO millions every yr either can you? why should one be taken care of and not the other and dont give me one is more important BS because theyre both important just one shouldnt get paid as much but should still get something.

i guess you feel only wealthy more educated people should only qualify for certain privileges and not middle class workers and they have no right to get these things by representation?
Old 08-09-2008, 10:27 AM
TECH Addict

Wow, I clicked on this link to see something about "CNBC Camaro Documentary!!" but end up reading nothing but people fighting over wages and such.
You know there are off topic sections and SeatStaysUp.com where you can talk about this type of thing. LS1Tech is a Tech website.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:34 AM
WANNABE GENIUS

As oppose to relying on a corporation thats number 1 priority is profit by any means possible whether that means cheating you or buying off the government you dont trust to rise them above the law to provide you and your children with lifes essentials like health care and retirement. Dont give me any of youre concervative government fear mongering crap. People like you drive me crazy. You cant make up your minds on whether youre trying to prevent too much power being given to one person and or youre anti government. Either way youre ideology isnt helping and is a big part of why we are where we are.

Im not suggestion that government should be the answer to problems like this because it wont but I find it hilarious that I have to hear Mitt Romney talk about lowering corporate tax levels to levels similar to Europe to help automakers get back on their feet and yet France has the #1 rated health care in the World(universal government health care) and of coarse then Europe is way outta line and trying to push too much government on people. Despite the fact that GM and Fords number 1 labor cost is health care. Maybe if people would set aside political talking points and maybe be open to new ideas we might get some things done.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by wannabess00
As oppose to relying on a corporation thats number 1 priority is profit by any means possible whether that means cheating you or buying off the government you dont trust to rise them above the law to provide you and your children with lifes essentials like health care and retirement. Dont give me any of youre concervative government fear mongering crap. People like you drive me crazy. You cant make up your minds on whether youre trying to prevent too much power being given to one person and or youre anti government. Either way youre ideology isnt helping and is a big part of why we are where we are.

Im not suggestion that government should be the answer to problems like this because it wont but I find it hilarious that I have to hear Mitt Romney talk about lowering corporate tax levels to levels similar to Europe to help automakers get back on their feet and yet France has the #1 rated health care in the World(universal government health care) and of coarse then Europe is way outta line and trying to push too much government on people. Despite the fact that GM and Fords number 1 labor cost is health care. Maybe if people would set aside political talking points and maybe be open to new ideas we might get some things done.

wow, I say people should be responsible for themselves and this is the response I'm done with this thread... l like Project Camaro said, this is a tech board, not a political blog. I'm not going to continue to argue this crap on a car board.