Gen 6 Camaro 2016+ Forum The forum for discussion of the 6th Gen 2016+ Camaro

Wife thinks I should sell my Vette and buy a new Camaro...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 01:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wife thinks I should sell my Vette and buy a new Camaro...

For the past 5 years or so my wife and I have had 3 cars, each of us a daily, and then my 600ish horsepower 98 Vette toy. After having kids the Vette pretty much just sits in the garage. I put maybe a few miles a month on it just taking short cruises on the weekends once in a great while. I don’t like to drive it as a daily because it doesn’t have all the nice modern amenities that I’ve grown to love and I don’t like just putting miles on it. Also, it’s not a car I can put two car seats in so I can’t get rid of my Grand Cherokee. My wife had a 2010 Outback but it got stolen and before we replace it she mentioned selling the Vette, buying a new car for me, and giving her my Jeep (to be fair the thought had crossed my mind as well). Nice thing is we end up with one less car taking up space in the garage but it does suck to get rid of my toy. In order for me to do that’s it’s all going to have to come down to a car that I love, and that is reasonable to put two car seats in, and doesn’t cost a ton of money. Do any of you have experience with car seats in the new Camaro? One is a fwd facing seat for a 2 yr old, the other is a rear facing infant carrier for my 2 week old. Before I go to the dealership and start loading seats in I figure it doesn’t hurt to see if I can gather some personal experiences.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't see the back seat in the new Camaro being of much use unless the kids are pretty young. I'm only 5-8 and my seats leaves about 3 inches of room for legs
Old 10-11-2016, 06:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Maybe a Charger Scat Pack, because the new Camaro might as well be a 2 seater just like the Vette.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

dump your wife and keep your cars.
The following users liked this post:
fucter (06-26-2021)
Old 10-11-2016, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
dump your wife and keep your cars.
LOL

Cheaper to keep her
Old 10-11-2016, 08:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 202 Likes on 122 Posts

Look into a Nice used V2. Looks way better than the camaro imo
Old 10-11-2016, 10:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's gonna make you happy!?

No point doing as she suggests if you're going to miss the Corvette and regret selling it. It may not get as much use now but you will get your "you time" back before you know it and driving the vette will feel that much better because you've not driven it as often!
Old 10-14-2016, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Maybe a Charger Scat Pack, because the new Camaro might as well be a 2 seater just like the Vette.
As much as it pains me to think of a Chrysler product (I hate our POS Town & Country van) the Charger Scat Pack is a bad beyotch for the $$.

The 2016 left overs are going for under $40k here. For about $38k you get sunroof, back up camera with assist, 4 piston Brembos, the badass SRT derived 392 Hemi with 485 HP, and the ability to run mid 12's in a tank of a family sedan.

I traveled to South Carolina for work with 2 others and we got a 2016 Charger RT as a rental. I'm 6' 4" and my buddy is a half inch taller. The other guy is 5' 11" or so. We had enough room although the sweeping roofline made the rear seat a bit of a pain to get in and out of. The RT was fairly peppy for a heavy car with 620 lbs of people in it. I don't see a problem with having a car seat in the Charger. The Camaro? Hell no.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 228 Likes on 153 Posts

What about an SS?

That is, if the stop-sale ever gets lifted.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:25 AM
On The Tree

If the camaro has a useless rear seat, then CTS as suggested would be a cool backup plan.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The Camaro's back seat is worthless. That is fact, not just haters looking for a reason to dislike the car. If a back seat is a factor in your purchase, look elsewhere.

The 6th Gen's back seat makes my 4th Gen feel like an Equinox with shitty headroom in the back.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Z Fury
The Camaro's back seat is worthless. That is fact, not just haters looking for a reason to dislike the car. If a back seat is a factor in your purchase, look elsewhere.

The 6th Gen's back seat makes my 4th Gen feel like an Equinox with shitty headroom in the back.
Originally Posted by Reckless
I don't see the back seat in the new Camaro being of much use unless the kids are pretty young. I'm only 5-8 and my seats leaves about 3 inches of room for legs
This!^^^^^^ My friend and I test drove one at the Atlanta Auto Fair this year and I laid down in the back during his test drive. The back seats in my thirdgen were worthless and these are even worse. Ingress and egress will be very difficult unless the kids are old enough to strap themselves in. Really nice car though.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:14 PM
TECH Resident

I pondered a 6th gen and took one out and I can say as others have stated, the rear seat is completely worthless. Back when my kids were babies (9 & 11 now) and I had a Trans AM, I rocked car seats and man what a flippen pain but it wasn't my DD so I did it here and there...it would be much worse on a 6th gen. I personally would never do it. I HATED the car seats day!!
Old 01-14-2017, 08:52 PM
Teching In

going back 20 years I had a z28 vert. my 2 girls were little. one in a baby seat and the other fit nicely with no one in the front seat... with your kids that small the clearance between the front and back seat doesn't matter. they will both fit fine back there for at least 4 more years IMO

Quick Reply: Wife thinks I should sell my Vette and buy a new Camaro...