Gen 6 Camaro 2016+ Forum The forum for discussion of the 6th Gen 2016+ Camaro

considering a 2017/18 1le

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 12:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 354 Likes on 267 Posts

Default considering a 2017/18 1le

Been mulling around the Idea of getting a newish camaro focusing on the 2ss or the 1le. Thinking auto this time around but is the extra coin on the 1le worth for a driver car?
Old 07-26-2019, 06:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 200 Likes on 141 Posts

1LE isn't worth it for a driver imo.
Old 07-27-2019, 10:02 AM
TECH Veteran

I'd been watching several videos and such. Seems the 1le isn't as lux as the 2ss. The magride interests me my wife's car has that feature and it's fun to play with.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 169 Likes on 151 Posts

Are you adding to the collection or going to get rid of another fbody?
Old 07-28-2019, 11:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Torn on keeping the GTO or letting it go
Old 07-29-2019, 10:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 200 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
I'd been watching several videos and such. Seems the 1le isn't as lux as the 2ss. The magride interests me my wife's car has that feature and it's fun to play with.
honestly the Camaro rides great even without mag ride...especially with some better rubber then the stock run flats.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:47 PM
TECH Veteran

ill keep that in mind, guess its time to test drive.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're thinking Auto this time 1LE is not the option.

Mag ride is pretty sweet especially on a road track.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:36 AM
TECH Veteran

gonna keep an eye out for one to test drive, who knows i may set in it and hate it.
Old 08-31-2019, 11:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

I think a SS 1LE is a great ideal. It's the only GEN6 I'd buy, but it's also one of my favorite cars on the market today. It sounds to me like that's the GEN6 that you're feeling and that's fine even if you don't RR the thing. What I'm trying to say is I don't give a damn about a Formula (or a Firehawk for that matter) but I'll rock the hell out of a WS6 because it looks a lot better than the other GEN4 birds. You may not give a crap about a New Edge Mudstain, but you love Terminators. Same with a C6 Vette. I'm not a Vette fan and don't care to own some base Vette regardless of whether or not it has a Z51 package, but a C6 GS is pretty cool, and a C6 Z06 is one of my favorite cars ever, and I would love to own one some day.

If I was thinking of trading a LS2 GTO I'd think easy to mod motor with 4" bore, superior seating position and visibility to pretty much any generation Camaro. The best factory non-Recaro seat I've experienced even compared to Terminator seats. Shifter and pedals placed about as ideally as can be, and a steering wheel made during the time where the best steering wheels were made as they had the ideal diameter without being too thin or thick to grip. Not trying to discourage you as no don't a GEN6 built on an Alpha platform is easily a superior car overall to an old GTO, but it's also $40K+ for a 2SS. That's not saying a 2SS is overpriced or that the value isn't there, just that to start financing a new $40K car you better like it. A Camaro SS at that price better start hitting some special buttons. Cosmetically a non-1LE SS does not hit special buttons for me. On the other hand a GEN6 SS 1LE is a great looking car with its forged wheels, black hood, rear spoiler, etc. The SS 1LE just does it for me so if I was in the market for a new Camaro I would definitely check the box for a $7,500 1LE package. Besides have a Camaro SS that can out-handle BMW M-Series cars and some Porsches and other highend sport cars is just really cool. I mean I think a Camaro SS that out-handles high-end sport cars who's speciality is handling is really, really..... really, really, really cool and IMO definitely justifies its price tag.

Same with a new, overweight Mudstain. I don't give a chit about owning a GEN6 Mustang GT PP1. It is an ugly *** car with those stupid looking, 150 spoke, Wesley Snipes black wheels. On the other hand a GT PP2 is a great looking car and I think it's cool unlike the PP1. I'd much rather have a SS 1LE over a GT PP2 though as Alpha > S550. I mean the PP2 rocks the same 305 Michelin Pilot SC2's that's found on the GT350R on all four corners to try and get it to turn competitive times with the SS 1LE which has smaller front tires that are not as track oriented as some Pilot SC2's.

Last edited by JROC; 08-31-2019 at 11:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
NinjaTurtle (02-23-2022)
Old 09-05-2019, 10:55 AM
TECH Veteran

ive still been looking for one close so I can test drive to see how I feel about it (just an ss in general) and see if I like the interior. Like you said a 12 year old goat doesnt cost 40k i need to be excited about it to deal with a payment....cause I currently dont have one.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Be surprised if you don’t like it. They are nice to drive
Old 01-27-2022, 05:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Only took a year and half..... finally test drove one, 2017 1ss 1le. Magride was fun it was a manual, had longtubes and a corsa system which sounded amazing. Only problem was it was white
Old 02-23-2022, 04:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JROC
I think a SS 1LE is a great ideal. It's the only GEN6 I'd buy, but it's also one of my favorite cars on the market today. It sounds to me like that's the GEN6 that you're feeling and that's fine even if you don't RR the thing. What I'm trying to say is I don't give a damn about a Formula (or a Firehawk for that matter) but I'll rock the hell out of a WS6 because it looks a lot better than the other GEN4 birds. You may not give a crap about a New Edge Mudstain, but you love Terminators. Same with a C6 Vette. I'm not a Vette fan and don't care to own some base Vette regardless of whether or not it has a Z51 package, but a C6 GS is pretty cool, and a C6 Z06 is one of my favorite cars ever, and I would love to own one some day.

If I was thinking of trading a LS2 GTO I'd think easy to mod motor with 4" bore, superior seating position and visibility to pretty much any generation Camaro. The best factory non-Recaro seat I've experienced even compared to Terminator seats. Shifter and pedals placed about as ideally as can be, and a steering wheel made during the time where the best steering wheels were made as they had the ideal diameter without being too thin or thick to grip. Not trying to discourage you as no don't a GEN6 built on an Alpha platform is easily a superior car overall to an old GTO, but it's also $40K+ for a 2SS. That's not saying a 2SS is overpriced or that the value isn't there, just that to start financing a new $40K car you better like it. A Camaro SS at that price better start hitting some special buttons. Cosmetically a non-1LE SS does not hit special buttons for me. On the other hand a GEN6 SS 1LE is a great looking car with its forged wheels, black hood, rear spoiler, etc. The SS 1LE just does it for me so if I was in the market for a new Camaro I would definitely check the box for a $7,500 1LE package. Besides have a Camaro SS that can out-handle BMW M-Series cars and some Porsches and other highend sport cars is just really cool. I mean I think a Camaro SS that out-handles high-end sport cars who's speciality is handling is really, really..... really, really, really cool and IMO definitely justifies its price tag.

Same with a new, overweight Mudstain. I don't give a chit about owning a GEN6 Mustang GT PP1. It is an ugly *** car with those stupid looking, 150 spoke, Wesley Snipes black wheels. On the other hand a GT PP2 is a great looking car and I think it's cool unlike the PP1. I'd much rather have a SS 1LE over a GT PP2 though as Alpha > S550. I mean the PP2 rocks the same 305 Michelin Pilot SC2's that's found on the GT350R on all four corners to try and get it to turn competitive times with the SS 1LE which has smaller front tires that are not as track oriented as some Pilot SC2's.
I know this post is more than 2 years old, but it pretty much sums up why I just placed an order for a '22 2SS 1LE M6.
Old 02-23-2022, 07:32 PM
TECH Veteran

If I found a 2018 2ss 1le I'd be tempted but at this point I'm looking for a zl1. I don't really care for the 2019 refresh personally.

But the 1le is a ridiculous car to drive! Id like to drive a regular 2ss to know the difference?

Quick Reply: considering a 2017/18 1le