General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Question about tracking the LS1

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 11:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry Question about tracking the LS1

I own a 02 SS as I took my car to a smaller shop over a month ago to get some head work done. It had been over a month with no word. I called him several times and he never responded. So I show up at his shop and my car is sitting in the back as he pulled the motor to send it else where. He won't tell me where it is and he said it should be two weeks to get it back. I about snapped on this guy. I am fixin to call the police and try to get my car all back together. I would like to know if any of yall know if there is a tracking device for the motor alone. If I was to report it stolen, would they be able to find it? Thanks........
Old 10-16-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldnt think they could track the block. I dont think they had individual numbers for them. Did you tell them to remove the motor? Or was it agreed to do the work in shop?
Old 10-16-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Veteran

the question is, why is the engine even out of the car for headwork.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
Thats what I was thinking...Sounds like they are trying to either steal parts or swap the entire engine for another one.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:24 PM
On The Tree

Dude if that happend to me id go postal. I couldent care less for most any form of life. So in return id stalk him, kill his family and leave it at that
Old 10-16-2008, 11:29 PM
11 Second Club

Call the police ASAP. Dont wait. Thats bullshit and they are going to take you for a ride. If you dont contact the authorities then you deserve what this shitty shop does (not to sound like a dick, but stand up for yourself).

You should also post the name and location so nobody else goes there.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by homerunhtr21
I wouldnt think they could track the block. I dont think they had individual numbers for them. Did you tell them to remove the motor? Or was it agreed to do the work in shop?
Hell no, I never agreed to that $hit. I thought they might have some computer chip or on-star like tech for these motors.

That is what baffled me. I'm fixing whip this dudes a$$.

Originally Posted by Stocktonz28
Dude if that happend to me id go postal. I couldent care less for most any form of life. So in return id stalk him, kill his family and leave it at that
Trust me, it's running through my head.

Originally Posted by Pntbll309
Call the police ASAP. Dont wait. Thats bullshit and they are going to take you for a ride. If you dont contact the authorities then you deserve what this shitty shop does (not to sound like a dick, but stand up for yourself).

You should also post the name and location so nobody else goes there.
I understand what you are saying, this guy is one of those friends of a friend type crap. I'm headed there tom to get into it. If I don't get any info, I'm taking care of business and then going to the police.

Thanks everyone.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:38 PM
TECH Veteran

you can get ahold of a cop to go with you and bring the work order with you and get them to tell you why the engine is out and ou have proof of no such act would happen for the labor you asked for.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Staging Lane

you can get ahold of a cop to go with you and bring the work order with you and get them to tell you why the engine is out and ou have proof of no such act would happen for the labor you asked for.
That's a good idea. I wonder what hospital the cop and I will have to meet him at?
Old 10-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Banned

The last six digits of the vin are stamped on the engine and transmission.

The first pic is the engine, it's stamped on the drivers side right near where the transmission bolts up.

Second pic is an automatic transmission. I don't have a pic of an M6 but it's stamped on them too.

Last edited by 9000th01ss; 01-06-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:25 PM
TECH Addict

any update?
Old 10-17-2008, 10:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by qwk93ta
any update?
Do they have internet in jail?
Old 10-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
The last six digits of the vin are stamped on the engine and transmission.

The first pic is the engine, it's stamped on the drivers side right near where the transmission bolts up.

Second pic is an automatic transmission. I don't have a pic of an M6 but it's stamped on them too.
That's good to know.

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
Do they have internet in jail?
Sorry, I called him and he never answered. I called the Police dep and they showed up to his place with me. The guy wasn't there as my car was still in the back locked up. The cop said he needs to get his side of the story and then he will file a report. I'm f'ing pissed. This guy is gonna get a dam beating. I don't know what else to do......
Old 10-18-2008, 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

damn what shop is this at? so i wont do business there.

is this in austin?
Old 10-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Staging Lane

Now that you know where to look, make sure you get back the same block and tranny you sent in. Save the beat down, you don't need to add a felony to your side of this equation. Right now all the legal pain is on his side and the damage to you is done. You need to go into damage control mode. At least until this is resolved and the police are out of the picture.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

This world has gone to ****....damn *************!! Keep us posted...we should all have a nice gather 'round that *******'s shop...Im bringing a bat.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought I had heard everything Don't cause that won't help your cause. Let us know how it turns out man.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bobbyd
damn what shop is this at? so i wont do business there.

is this in austin?
It's in RR. A friend of a friend, so I thought.

Originally Posted by ajsfirehawk
Now that you know where to look, make sure you get back the same block and tranny you sent in. Save the beat down, you don't need to add a felony to your side of this equation. Right now all the legal pain is on his side and the damage to you is done. You need to go into damage control mode. At least until this is resolved and the police are out of the picture.
Man, it's gonna be hard. That is my girl (the SS) and this mother f'er took her apart and is trying to steal her.

Originally Posted by chaman
This world has gone to ****....damn *************!! Keep us posted...we should all have a nice gather 'round that *******'s shop...Im bringing a bat.
I like your style my friend.

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
I thought I had heard everything Don't cause that won't help your cause. Let us know how it turns out man.
Yea, I don't know if I can control myself if I see this punk. Thank god I live in WAAAAAYYYYY south Austin, and he is 40 miles north.

I thank all yall for the support and advice. I'm trying to relax with a nice bottle of JD on the rocks. This $hit has me losing sleep.

[

Last edited by SSlither; 10-18-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry Man, That sucks! Everything happens for a reason, stay positive if possible! Your situation may prevent many others from getting involved with this shop. On a good note eventually he'll pay