General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Disappointed with the Vette's interior space..

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Village Idiot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroKidZ28
I LOVED the "cockpit" feeling when sitting in a z06. I feel so much more into the car and like.. involved, idk. I haven't driven one for any extended period of time but it didn't seem bad at all.

Yeah you feel one with the car allright...However, this is not a Nascar and your not racing on the track... This is a street legal sports car that cost a pretty penny.. I would have thought it to be a bit more roomy being only a two seater anyway...

Yes, even the smaller Porsche's have more room inside to move around.. I just don't know why GM did not design the interior to be just a little more comfortable and roomy for us taller folk?...

For those that like the interiors, god bless you I wish I honestly felt the same...
Attached Thumbnails Disappointed with the Vette's interior space..-112_0604_911_06z-2006_chevrolet_corvette_z06-interior.jpg  

Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-27-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
6"5" 220... It's just that when I sit in the Z06 it's a tight squeeze width wise, legs are close together with no room to move around, relax and breathe.. The leg room length is doable but tight and the width room is just not going to work for me.. Even steering the Vette feels like tight quarters to me, elbow room and what not is limited.. I just can't see myself getting comfortable in it for long periods of time and that's the problem, and for me personally it would not be a joy to drive as a daily driver......

Like I said I am just really dissapointed as I had my heart set on one for a very longest time...
k just makin sure you wern't in the wider than tall category... I hear you on the width room, and your right it's definitely tight compared to anything else...but I actually like that, I feel connected to the car. in the t/a it feels as if im riding on top of the car...if that makes sense.

I don't remeber any problem with elbow room...hmm.

Chad
Old 11-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Village Idiot

No, I'm not fat man, I train MMA and do half triathlons regulary...My back is starting to going out on me at times at 40 years of age though, not good!! More Yoga I guess and less MMA will be the call soon........

I really can't imagine a tall tub trying to squeeze into a Vette just to look cool and feel real power..... Ouch...

I imagine they suffer like a fat chick trying to look good in pumps.....

Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-27-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:26 PM
10 Second Club

Well just my opinon, I have had had 4 F Body's 2 3rd gens 2 4th gens presently driving a 3rd gen vert. I also have a C5 an honestly love it, the cockpit feel is awsome. The molded feel feels like it fits just right dont know for the money what they could have done differently. I am 6' 180 lbs. I would buy another one in a minute after owning this one.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Take it to Unique and have Will make seat adjustments.
haha yeah i saw when they did that for KG or some famous basketball star....

either way dude i think a gto would be your best bet, they are nice and comfortable..
Old 11-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Take it to Unique and have Will make seat adjustments.
Urban why are you selling your ZR1? I'm glad to see you are enjoying my threads at my expense as it seems...

Disregard, as I see it is an R1 motorcycle you are selling and not a ZR1...
Old 11-27-2008, 09:00 PM
TECH Regular

I test drove a Z06 I had no problems, other than the bulging stiffy I started getting hittin the throttle, im 6'2 and 230lbs. Vettes ain't for everybody. If room is a concern maybe you should look at an SUV, it ain't like the F-body has loads of room either.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Village Idiot

Dude, I don't want an SUV although the AWD SRT Jeep with some extra mods might grow on me if I had one...Naaaah, I just want a reasonably comfortable sportscar that looks good and is extremely fast and won't break the bank...

Now is that too much to ask for boys and girls??????

Man the Z06 was almost perfect, looks fantastic, handles like a champ, has power like no other with the option to mod it up even further.. Get's good gas mileage for what it is... Damn it!!!!!!

Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-27-2008 at 09:43 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:53 PM
12 Second Club

Dude, I don't want an SUV although the AWD SRT Jeep with some extra mods might grow on me if I had one...Naaaah, I just want a reasonably comfortable sportscar that looks good and is extremely fast and won't break the bank...

Ummm...if you can't make the Vette work, yeah, it is.

Try a coupe with the full power seats and telescoping wheel and see if you can't make it work for you. Put the seats all the way back and down, and tilt the seatback. But no, if you expect to be able to sit in a bunch of different positions it's not happening - nor in any other sports car either.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:36 AM
TECH Regular

Man the Z06 was almost perfect, looks fantastic, handles like a champ, has power like no other with the option to mod it up even further.. Get's good gas mileage for what it is... Damn it!!!!!!
I don't understand guys like you. You claim you want a fast sports car but I don't think you would recognize one if it kicked you in the *****. Sports cars deliver unique benefits for those that seek them. Roomy interiors, good gas mileage and being inexpensive are none of them. The very best sports cars have less than comfortable interiors, they flat out hall *** and they ride like trucks and the last thing they have is good gas mileage. Buy the vette or shut up about it. This is a completely stupid thread anyway.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:24 AM
Village Idiot

Lethal Z you are an misinformed idiot... People like you only know about one car like the Corvette and think all sportscars are exactly the same...WRONG!!!!

For the record and to prove a point - I just went to the biggest Autoshow in the world "THE LA AUTO SHOW" and sat in just about every sportscar made... The Lamorgini's, Ferrari's, Corvette's ZO6, ZR1, and Spyker cars are all tight cocpit fits...Bathtub effect... Every other "sportscar" is not... I fit comfortably in the Porshce's, Nissan's GTR's, Mercedes AMGs, Austin Martins, Masseratti, Ford GT500's, and Cadilac CTS-V, etc.. They are all built with out that tight squeeze cocpit effect...

The new Cadillac CTS-V or even the GT500 may be the next call... Not happy about it... Actually the Caddy is very impressive all around....

I am not a midget that weighs 140 pounds, if it doesn't work it doesn't work... No need to talk further about it... No use crying any more over spilt milk, time to move on... I just didn't want to buy any other sportscar other then a ZO6 because very few other if any stack up in performance and price...
Old 11-28-2008, 09:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bballr4567
You can try a GTO. They are FAR roomier then both a Fbody and a Vette.

Im 6'5" and fit in my Formula with a little ease and squeeze and a Vette feels better to me even though the interior is FAR smaller but its a much more specific drivers car and the cockpit feel is one of the things that goes along with it.
Too bad they're like 600lbs heavier. I'm 6'6 and i don't consider the C5 tight. Did you fool around with the seat enough?
Old 11-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Village Idiot

*****The new Cadilac CTS-V****** doesn't look like much compared to a Z06, but it is cozy, sports 556 horse power, the Cadillac CTS LS-A motor is very simular to the 638hp supercharged LS9 powered ZR1..

Does 0-60 mph in the high 3 second range a half a second slower then the ZR1 Vette.. It will pull on just about every other production made sportscar including the GT500...

Price is $60,000 new... It's just a shame they didn't make it look a bit more sporty...

I personally believe this Caddy and the Mercedes C63 AMG are two of your most comfortable and roomy sportscars/sedan out their...I'm sure neither of these two cars would hang with a Z06 on the track though..

http://cars.about.com/od/cadillac/fr/09_ctsv.htm
Attached Thumbnails Disappointed with the Vette's interior space..-ag_09ctsv_intdark.jpg  

Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-28-2008 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:11 PM
TECH Regular

Lethal Z you are an misinformed idiot... People like you only know about one car like the Corvette and think all sportscars are exactly the same...WRONG!!!!

For the record and to prove a point - I just went to the biggest Autoshow in the world "THE LA AUTO SHOW" and sat in just about every sportscar made... The Lamorgini's, Ferrari's, Corvette's ZO6, ZR1, and Spyker cars are all tight cocpit fits...Bathtub effect... Every other "sportscar" is not... I fit comfortably in the Porshce's, Nissan's GTR's, Mercedes AMGs, Austin Martins, Masseratti, Ford GT500's, and Cadilac CTS-V, etc.. They are all built with out that tight squeeze cocpit effect...

The new Cadillac CTS-V or even the GT500 may be the next call... Not happy about it... Actually the Caddy is very impressive all around....

I am not a midget that weighs 140 pounds, if it doesn't work it doesn't work... No need to talk further about it... No use crying any more over spilt milk, time to move on... I just didn't want to buy any other sportscar other then a ZO6 because very few other if any stack up in performance and price...

Misinformed idiot? This comes from the person who said they mixed seafoam with water right? I think its pretty obvious who the idiot is.
You said
"I just want a reasonably comfortable sportscar that looks good and is extremely fast and won't break the bank..."

You say, you fit comfortably in the these cars. Which one isn't going to break the bank?

Porshce's, Nissan's GTR's, Mercedes AMGs, Austin Martins, Masseratti, Ford GT500's, and Cadilac CTS-V, etc.. "

Yeah, well now you got a problem
SO WHO CARES IF THEY FIT YOU OR NOT?
Why even bring those cars into the conversiation? No one is sayin that the vette is the end all in sports cars are you crazy. You started this thread bitching about the vettes interior in case you forgot. Corvettes are not like everysports car, most people with sense know you can spend a lot more money and get the same power and more room. The vette is popular because its unmatched when it comes to dollar per hp period. If interior space is a problem for you fork out the extra cash for one of those cars you have listed or
Old 11-28-2008, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 6 ft" and I'd rather drive my Vette than my Formula any given day of the week
Old 11-28-2008, 03:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a 6'6 cagefighter and fit just fine in my Trans Am. (thread failure)
Old 11-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
I'm a 6'6 cagefighter and fit just fine in my Trans Am. (thread failure)
I hope you have a very good wrestling background or your going to get hurt in that cage at 6'6".. Anderson Silva is the only tall guy that can dominate the Octagon without a serious college wrestling background that I know.. I believe that too will be Anderson Silva's downfall, as I believe Jitsu alone ain't going to be enough against the top notch MMA "wrestling" fighters with some good Jitsu defense that are popping up....He will get ground and pounded out big time one of these days..... My take on MMA and where it's evolving too......

Yeah, I test drove a few newer T/A's a few months ago and they got a little pop to them in stock form and seem to be a bit more comfortable then the Vette's for sure....Still, not quite the sportcar though that the Z06 is...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-28-2008 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Village Idiot

Lethal Z - Why don't you chill out, no need to heated and start talking crap..... Just discussing the interior fit to the newer Vette's, seeing if anyone shares the same opinion as I... I said I love the Vette's and am dissapointed I don't fit in one that's all.. Not bitching and whinning, more pissed off then anything... Looking to see if I can get any other opinions and ideas on any other good sportscars for us tall guys...

Isn't this what the forum is for? Just trying to figure out my next ride and seaching out real experience and help??? I'm getting it, thanks people....I got a little lost after the no Vette fit... Heck, I'm looking at a Caddy now how sad is that? However, these new Caddy's ain't your grand daddies ride anymore... They got really fast!!!!

With a few mods, and boost adjustments I am sure the new LS-A powered Caddy will really suprise alot of people...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-28-2008 at 05:50 PM.