General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What Should I Do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 11:03 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What Should I Do?

If you guys remember,

My car was crashed 2 weeks ago, and cost around 9k to fix it.

Had full coverage, so I paid the deductible, and the shop got to work on my car.

I got the car back today: 2 new Wheels/Rims, New Rear, Right Side Repainted, Front Bumper repainted, Suspension, etc....

But the car is leaning low about an inch on the right front passenger side. and it slightly pulls to the right.
Its almost like somebody lowered the car...but just on that one side on the front.

To give an idea: It looks like the right front tire is deflated (but its not)

I believe its the new suspension/shock assembly that was put on the car,and the shop has a warranty on all thier work. So I should take it back/raise hell to get this fixed right?
Old 11-26-2008, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah man take it back, im sure they wouldnt have any problems with fixing it.. also the longer you wait the less they are gonna want to deal with you..
Old 11-26-2008, 11:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnLs1camaro
yeah man take it back, im sure they wouldnt have any problems with fixing it.. also the longer you wait the less they are gonna want to deal with you..
x2 take it back asap or else they will put you to blame for it if you drive on it too long.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Cost 9K to fix and it didn't get totalled??? What kind of car is it? Damn...

Like said already, take it back NOW. Yesterday, preferrably. Do not delay for one more second. No need to raise hell. I'm sure the shop will be much more accommodating to your requests if you explain things in a nice way.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Texfinn
Cost 9K to fix and it didn't get totalled??? What kind of car is it? Damn...

Like said already, take it back NOW. Yesterday, preferrably. Do not delay for one more second. No need to raise hell. I'm sure the shop will be much more accommodating to your requests if you explain things in a nice way.
I agree
Old 11-27-2008, 12:49 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by fbodyman1026
x2 take it back asap or else they will put you to blame for it if you drive on it too long.
+1 on that get it there a.s.ap
Old 11-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Village Idiot

Can you say salvaged title boys and girls?

Sounds like a real lemon, maybe it's time to drive it off a cliff and collect all the insurance money
Old 11-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not driving my car off of a cliff.

I'm taking it back tommorrow(since today is Thanksgiving) , and let them get back to work on it.

I took a closer look at it today, and saw that My Ws6 badge is gone(probably removed when the bumper was painted and not replaced), and My 4 center caps are gone.(don't know why they even needed to be taken off in the first place)

I'm not one to "raise hell", but I've heard instances where people had to do it in order to get things done.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CHIredws6
I'm not one to "raise hell", but I've heard instances where people had to do it in order to get things done.
Well..., I think you hinted to that direction in your first post.

Yes, sometimes people need to get a bit more "convincing" if things don't get taken care of, but the first approach shouldn't be that way.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

In my experience start out sincere and professional. How willing would you be to help some one that came in and ripped you a new one when it's the dumb *** that works for you is at fault. I don't know how that shop works but basically don't shoot the messenger. If they jerk you off and try to play games then you can gradually get "firmer" with them.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like my past situation. Only I was totaled out for 9K instead. Salvage Baby!!
Old 11-28-2008, 10:10 PM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by CHIredws6
I am not driving my car off of a cliff.
Dude, I was just kidding, of course your not driving your car off a cliff...

It is very common on bad wrecks that the car will never be the same or drive the same as new... Especially if there is some frame damage involved...

Unless, the shop is a top notch body shop it's very hard for the smaller shops to straighten things out 100%.. I would go back to the body shop and say the insurance money is paying you guys good money to restore this car to new condition.. It is bent and lowered and unacceptable.. I expect you guys to get it right this go around and bill my insurance company accordingly as I will be checking your work when finished this time on a 4 wheel allignment and in balance check... Now, I am leaving my car with you and notifying the insurance company of this faulty work if you guys don't get it right this next time around.....

Grow a pair and raise some hell if need be.... Body shops are usually crooks from what I know and you really have to stay on them..... I owned a car dealership for 10 years and know the business well.. Lot's of insurance fraud goes around in these smaller body shops too...