General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

highest hp on a 346 ls1 an 6.2 ls3 or equivalent?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 04:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh and btw you might want to tell them that on all of their motors, with out forging the bottom end, 450 RWHP is max.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:01 PM
TECH Junkie

c5formula

i think you're making yourself look bad.

where the hell are you seeing these 400rwhp ls1s with just boltons??

with all the bolt ons i'd say the average is 350-360rwhp. a far cry from 400rwhp.

i think you're as much of a tool from your comments as those guys for theirs.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by teke184
c5formula

with all the bolt ons i'd say the average is 350-360rwhp. a far cry from 400rwhp.

My bestfriend T/A had LT cut out and Air lid pushed out 323/318. I think a huge cam, tune and heads, and every other bolt on, will get close to 400rwhp. Maybe not enough to break it but damn close.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GTRACER88
My bestfriend T/A had LT cut out and Air lid pushed out 323/318. I think a huge cam, tune and heads, and every other bolt on, will get close to 400rwhp. Maybe not enough to break it but damn close.
It's not that hard to break 400rwhp though. With "a huge cam, tune and heads, and every other bolt on" one can be looking at 500rwhp if everything is matched correctly. How do you think guys are over 500rwhp NA and with stock LS1 cubes?
Old 12-03-2008, 05:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Second, the cobra was not built for drag racing. That is why it only runs mid 12's with a good driver. It has an IRS... it was built for road course.

Machs on the other hand are known to run mid 12's with good traction and 4:10 gears, research . They also are good at taking mods like LS1. Are they better? No. Execpt the 8.8 that we have and you dont.
QUOTE]

The corvette and the gto both have IRS so i guess there aren't built for drag racing. I guess that makes you slower when you have IRS?? Get the hell out of here!! I would never in a million years give a stock cobra a mid 12! I don't care what people see in videos people lie all the time!

I forgot to say that mach 1 was talking about to has 4.10. Just to add another mach 1 story my friend rich has a blue mach 1 and he has 4.10's and a tune, slp catback and he can shift fine. He can break 13.2 for the life of him. I destroy him on the street and my car is a 12.6 car. So 12.5 for mach 1 thats a negative. The only way they are good at taking mods is if you turbo it or supercharge it and then blow it up like three of my friends did with there mustangs. Thank u end of story. Anyone want some cookies before they go to bed??!!

Last edited by Z28SteveA4; 12-03-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:49 PM
11 Second Club

yah I raced a stock Mach one with my current setup and I completely murdered it.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z28SteveA4
Second, the cobra was not built for drag racing. That is why it only runs mid 12's with a good driver. It has an IRS... it was built for road course.

Machs on the other hand are known to run mid 12's with good traction and 4:10 gears, research . They also are good at taking mods like LS1. Are they better? No. Execpt the 8.8 that we have and you dont.
QUOTE]

The corvette and the gto both have IRS so i guess there aren't built for drag racing. I guess that makes you slower when you have IRS?? Get the hell out of here!! I would never in a million years give a stock cobra a mid 12! I don't care what people see in videos people lie all the time!

I forgot to say that mach 1 was talking about to has 4.10. Just to add another mach 1 story my friend rich has a blue mach 1 and he has 4.10's and a tune, slp catback and he can shift fine. He can break 13.2 for the life of him. I destroy him on the street and my car is a 12.6 car. So 12.5 for mach 1 thats a negative. The only way they are good at taking mods is if you turbo it or supercharge it and then blow it up like three of my friends did with there mustangs. Thank u end of story. Anyone want some cookies before they go to bed??!!
You sir are a moron. The IRS is for a track car not a strip car. Anybody who knows anything about rears and suspensions knows this. So you can GTFO untill you learn what each is for. If you truly want to get down to it a spool is best for the 1/4.

Also stock Mach 1's have seen as low as 13.1/13.2, hell car and driver did it. I know personally that my LS1 car picked up a TON from the 4.10's. I could see one with 4.10's and slicks doing it.

Yes people lie on the internet, but they dont photoshop the time boards at the strip. google is your friend.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:08 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pntbll309
You sir are a moron. The IRS is for a track car not a strip car. Anybody who knows anything about rears and suspensions knows this. So you can GTFO untill you learn what each is for. If you truly want to get down to it a spool is best for the 1/4.

Also stock Mach 1's have seen as low as 13.1/13.2, hell car and driver did it. I know personally that my LS1 car picked up a TON from the 4.10's. I could see one with 4.10's and slicks doing it.

Yes people lie on the internet, but they dont photoshop the time boards at the strip. google is your friend.
Umm don't call me a moron i known its built for a track and not really for the strip but it still does the job at a drag strip too SIR!! Don't get on my *** because he's trying to say that that a cobra is running slower b/c it has a irs.
I know the time boards don't lie but what people say they have done to there cars do!
Old 12-03-2008, 07:41 PM
11 Second Club

QUOTE]

Well tell your friend to learn to drive. He should get those numbers STOCK! OR maybe he needs Slicks or DR to hook so he can get mid 12's.

Well then ill race you on the street. Seriously what does this have to do with anything.

How ignorant can you be? Your joking right. Do some research before you post something like this again. Save yourself the embarrasment.

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
yah I raced a stock Mach one with my current setup and I completely murdered it.
Well congratulations... I race hundreds of LSX and won. Seriously, SO?

Originally Posted by Pntbll309

Thank you.

Umm don't call me a moron i known its built for a track and not really for the strip but it still does the job at a drag strip too SIR!! Don't get on my *** because he's trying to say that that a cobra is running slower b/c it has a irs.
I know the time boards don't lie but what people say they have done to there cars do!
First of all define slower? The stock C5 Z06 would tie the Stock Cobra... thats pretty fast in my books. Correction, I never said a cobra was running slower because it has an IRS all im trying to state is that it HINDERS the potential that the car has.

Again... im on your side, however when one is ignorant and full of misinformation ill correct you.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:26 PM
12 Second Club

Well tell your friend to learn to drive. He should get those numbers STOCK! OR maybe he needs Slicks or DR to hook so he can get mid 12's.

Well then ill race you on the street. Seriously what does this have to do with anything.

How ignorant can you be? Your joking right. Do some research before you post something like this again. Save yourself the embarrasment.

Well congratulations... I race hundreds of LSX and won. Seriously, SO?
First of all define slower? The stock C5 Z06 would tie the Stock Cobra... thats pretty fast in my books. Correction, I never said a cobra was running slower because it has an IRS all im trying to state is that it HINDERS the potential that the car has.

Again... im on your side, however when one is ignorant and full of misinformation ill correct you.
He has drag radials to begin with and my point is there slow. Thats what my point is all along with cobras.
Also what does racing me on the street have to do with anything. It figures you would say something like that since you live in where texas?? Now thats retarded. And maybe you beat lsx car because your a fully worked gt that does just have bolt on's running 11's. unless your the 11 second club is bs under ur name?
Im not being ignorant! I go to the track almost every week and see cobra, mach 1 and gt go down the track and NONE of them are running what you say they should. That is my research and real life facts. Like i said anyone one can say they just have exhaust and run a mid twelve and put it on the internet. When i see it in real life then i will believe it.
If your saying the irs hinders the cobra which mean holdback then refers to you saying its running slower because of it. Idk man but i see new corvettes running 9's where i live and there irs seems to be doing fine for them. I just seems like an excuse to me. Believe what you want but i have so many stories i could say about how terrible those cars are but i'm done stealing this thread from this dude. All i have to say is let them have there 600 hp package we will still kick there *** in the end! Hp isn't everything

Last edited by Z28SteveA4; 12-03-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:10 AM
11 Second Club

You have to be the most ignorant person Ive ran into in a while. First off your argument, was proven wrong, by you, in your own post. You say you know the IRS wasn't built for the strip, therefore it WOULD slow down a Cobra/Vette at the strip. Your words there bud. If the Cobra had diff rear ie. live axle it would most likely hook a lot better, and so would the vette.

Well, wherever it is you live, people must not be able to drive. There are tons of people who have ran mid-high 12's with a stock Cobra. Hell C&D/MuscleMustangFastFords have both seen 12's out of a stock Cobra. Now I dont really believe too much that is posted in magazines when it comes to "what a car should run", these guys have actually done it. Why cant you believe them? Because you didn't witness is?

I will disagree tho with the comment of how the Z06 is a good run for a Cobra. The Z06 will win 9/10 just like the Cobra stock for stock will beat an Ls1 car.

Either way, we all have our likes and dislikes.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:27 AM
11 Second Club

He has drag radials to begin with and my point is there slow. Thats what my point is all along with cobras.
Also what does racing me on the street have to do with anything. It figures you would say something like that since you live in where texas?? Now thats retarded. And maybe you beat lsx car because your a fully worked gt that does just have bolt on's running 11's. unless your the 11 second club is bs under ur name?
Im not being ignorant! I go to the track almost every week and see cobra, mach 1 and gt go down the track and NONE of them are running what you say they should. That is my research and real life facts. Like i said anyone one can say they just have exhaust and run a mid twelve and put it on the internet. When i see it in real life then i will believe it.
If your saying the irs hinders the cobra which mean holdback then refers to you saying its running slower because of it. Idk man but i see new corvettes running 9's where i live and there irs seems to be doing fine for them. I just seems like an excuse to me. Believe what you want but i have so many stories i could say about how terrible those cars are but i'm done stealing this thread from this dude. All i have to say is let them have there 600 hp package we will still kick there *** in the end! Hp isn't everything

1. You want to see retarded read all of your posts in this thread.
2. My car is on the stock long block and is only a bolt on car with some help of Nitrous .
3. Just because you see several kids who cannot drive at your track run poorly doesnt mean that it isnt possible. I have seen it done so .
And there are plenty of cobras that are in the 9's. Go to SVT Performance.com
Old 12-04-2008, 12:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
ford own's jaguar paul
Oh, my my my. I was laughing so hard. This is one of those times when Paul wants to go back and delete his previous post.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:31 AM
11 Second Club

Funny thing is, that neither Pntbll309 and I are disagreing with you on which motor is better. We are persay just correcting misinformation.

Last edited by GTRACER88; 12-04-2008 at 12:40 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got 409rwhp on DRM's dyno and have mods in sig. The cam is FAR from a BIG cam, in fact it's one of TSP's more mild/moderate cams and full bolt ons. Only head work was switch from the stock LS1 heads(junk) to the stock Z06 243 heads. Otherwise i'm putting good power down. SAE corrected as well. I'd like to know what the engine itself puts out though IDK why they keep talking about the Cobra R. It really is basically a factory setup race car, like the Viper ACR. i'd venture to guess most of those guys have never been in or driven a 500+ rwhp car. With Nitrous/boost it's different but N/A it takes ALOT of work to get 500+ HP outta an LS1 or Mustang motor. I could maybe get 500+ outta mine but it's gonna take bigger cubes and a big cam. Or boost/juice
Old 12-04-2008, 01:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by teke184
c5formula

i dont think im making myself look bad, it all just depends on what you consider a bolt on. ive seen 02 camaros put down 360ish on just a lid, LTs, exhaust, ported TB, an a tune. they could still use an underdrive pully, electric water pump, better intake mani an TB combo, pull the ac an power steering, light weight drive train(clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, etc...), cutouts, hell i even consider roller rockers a bolt on even though others dont. now i know that all that stuff i just mentioned has to be worth atleast another 40hp. it all just depends on what you consider a bolt on an how much you got to spend. hell my car did 336 with basically a cutout, lid, an underdrive pully.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:10 AM
11 Second Club

A cam is NOT a bolt on. Because you DONT bolt it on. Plain and simple.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by booch137
I think I may have the same book. Is it called Chevy LS1/LS6 Performance?
S-A design book "How to build high performance Chevy ls1/ls6 v8s" blah blah under it, probly the same author but differrent book company.They updated it not long ago. Its a pretty cool book all sorts of stuff from the 4.8 to 6.0s also for truck guys. Also has some stuff bout turbo or blown ls motors.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:23 PM
12 Second Club

i said i was done but i figure might aswell put this up. It even says on this website that the cobra is a 12.9 car! WOW did i say that??!! Just check it out. It was one of those google searches you told me to do yea i did it for the hell of it . It looks like it proved some people wrong but what ever. Its only making 390 hp and torque to at the fly wheel. Where an ls1 makes what 360 i believe i can't remember exactly and the ls1 motor has one cam and is all natural baby. Everyone has the view of things and i'm just a heavy believe in GM cars and IRS is still gets the job done at the drag strip. If you get good 60's then its working just fine. There are real good 60's on IRS so don't say there isn't.

http://ford.jbcarpages.com/Mustang/2002/index4.php
Old 12-04-2008, 09:35 PM
11 Second Club

i said i was done but i figure might aswell put this up. It even says on this website that the cobra is a 12.9 car! WOW did i say that??!! Just check it out. It was one of those google searches you told me to do yea i did it for the hell of it . It looks like it proved some people wrong but what ever. Its only making 390 hp and torque to at the fly wheel. Where an ls1 makes what 360 i believe i can't remember exactly and the ls1 motor has one cam and is all natural baby. Everyone has the view of things and i'm just a heavy believe in GM cars and IRS is still gets the job done at the drag strip. If you get good 60's then its working just fine. There are real good 60's on IRS so don't say there isn't.

http://ford.jbcarpages.com/Mustang/2002/index4.php
Read man. The cobra was unterrated by 40 HP! And you found one site. Think about this. There are thousands of LSX with 390 RWHP and you dont think they dont run 12'5. Also the mustang is lighter than the T/A or Camaro... Just think about it. Mid 12's is very possible. All they need are DR and its a LOW 12 sec car Stock. Thanks to our REAR end...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustang_Cobra

And i believe that BOTH COMPANIES AND CAR can get the job done in the drag strip. Mustang or Camaro, as long as its not a ricer were all good...

Quick Reply: highest hp on a 346 ls1 an 6.2 ls3 or equivalent?