General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Downsides to convertable?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008 | 09:46 PM
Launching!

I love my vert and wouldn't want one any other way plus when the summer comes chicks def do dig verts, and there just as fast as any t top is.
Old 12-28-2008 | 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
Vert's are cool. As for looks that's a matter of taste. I think the 01-02 SS vert's look the best. Favorite is white SS w/black top and black interior. I think there are some color combo's that look horrible...anything with a tan top for example. Everyone has an opinion on that sort of thing...so ignore them and pick what you like.

Vert's weigh more...that only matters if your going to race

Vert's always seem to have more wind noise & road noise.

If someone gets pi$$ed at you, they are likely to cut the top. That's expensive to replace.

Vert's are very easy to break into.

If you ride thru a bad area in the hood you may feel more exposed and less safe than you'd like.

Being able to drop the top by flipping a latch and pressing a button is priceless.

If the weather is bad where you live that will take some fun out of the vert.

The car that actually got me seriously looking at F-bodies again was a triple black 94 LT1 Convertable.

I think Vert's ALWAYS need subframes.

Get what you want.

does anyone remember the story where someone of ls1tech posted that he almost got carjacked inn a vette 'vert? he was able to speed away but is brother caught a bullet in the elbow while they were gunning it. you see, thats the downside. but on the upside, if he had a hardtop or a t-top, he would have had to replace a back window
Old 12-28-2008 | 12:49 AM

I have a 98Z vert and love it. It does not leak. And if you drive into an area that you don't feel safe get the hell out of there or doen't even go there anyway.
Another option is get a permit and carry a pistol.
Go for the vert.
Old 12-28-2008 | 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

The roof will actually burst into flames at 150 MPH.

No, not really, I think they look really good top down, but I think the roof does prohibit SOME speed/acceleration. And they're less sturdy, what with no roof and all.
Old 12-28-2008 | 01:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Vicinity
The roof will actually burst into flames at 150 MPH.

No, not really, I think they look really good top down, but I think the roof does prohibit SOME speed/acceleration. And they're less sturdy, what with no roof and all.
have you read any of this thread at all

if you go back and read......... which type of car is more frame sturdy, has more factory braces and has a lower center of gravity.

do you accelerate with your t tops off, it would be the same resistance there speed racer.