General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Intake leak? Huh?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 08:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin HD-28
Have you gotten it tuned after the intake swap? As far as I can tell, it's important to get it tuned.
No not yet its on the to do list though, I am getting the duals on this weekend then school ends the first week of May. I have spoken to my tuner and will be visiting him in early May, I cant wait to see how she acts after the tune!
Old 03-30-2009, 02:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

I still have it too, haven't found the cause yet. I'm doing some car related stuff once the sun comes up, hopefully I'll find it by mistake like usual!
Old 03-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Staging Lane

Get some brake cleaner. Spray it around the intake, any gaskets or vacuum lines. If there is a leak your RPMs will bounce around for a second.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:59 PM
11 Second Club

from time to time my car does something pretty similar, but i tracked it down to the pcv valve. i swapped it out for the revised one from gm (the ones used on the trucks with just a hole in it and no check valve) and i noticed a strange whistling not too long afterwards. if i pull the hose off at the valve and plug it with my finger it stops. it's not leaking, but it's just the sound of the air going through it. i've learned to live with it because i usually only hear it when i'm sitting still, and there's no way i can hear it over the exhaust once i'm moving.