General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

To drive or not to drive ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 05:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Red96TA
I got 6k for my 19k mile 93 firehawk #36 ever to come off the production line. F-body collector resale sucks. It was a perfect car too.
6k seems a little low for your car.....I got 7K for my 93 T/A M6 with 370 RWHP last March, it had 101k on it to. I did have well over 20k in it.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, that is a neat and rare car and congrats on finding/owning it. With 52K just drive it but take care of it. The paint is gold, but let's be honest, it's not made of gold. When you think about the POSSIBILITY of it being a rare, expensive, and coveted collector's item years down the road just think about the time it will take, inflation, storage, and maintenance expenses it will cost in the meantime. If you got a killer deal on it now then most likely you will be able to sell it for more right now if you want to or probably at any point in time if you just take good care of it.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have an '02 hardtop SS, so it's not super rare or anything but i drive it everyday. i can see storing a car in the winter and only driving on nice days, but at least take it out and drive it every week or two. cars are meant to be drivin. i hate it when people have nice things but don't enjoy them.