General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

screw Mobil 1

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

since i got my car i have been using pezoil platinum and last weekend i went ahead and tried the walmart super tech synthetic oil and it works just as good.

btw how often do you guys change your oil? i have been doing it every 3k miles this last time it was more like 3.5k miles

i drive mostly hwy miles i would say about 90% hwy 10% city
Old 01-14-2009, 10:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Mobil1 works for me so im not switching.
I use Mobil 1 also.....when it's on sale!
Old 01-14-2009, 06:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Castrol Syntex ftmfw
Old 01-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have used M1, GC, and Amsoil(European formula). Between the 3 I could not tell a difference. I started with M1 but with all of the hype I tried GC. I dumped GC cause it was hard too hard to find. Was going to switch back to M1 but after doing some reading I thought if I'm already paying a lot for M1 then what's a little more for the Amsoil. So I’m sticking with the Amsoil. I don't drive the car much and the last sample I sent to blackstone labs said I should leave the oil in longer and that was a full year on the oil granted it was less than 1000 miles on the oil.

For my truck and the wife's car I just use Motorcraft 5w20 bend. It seems to a good oil based samples I have sent off and it's cheap.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for all you guys using the psenzoil platnium....that is some good stuff. I had a Camaro and stayed using M1...it seemed to burn it....ive heard this from other users as well. Anyway my oil always seemed to be very dark...almost black after 3k. I have my Z now...and its around the same mileage(im aware its a LS6 over the LS1 and all that comes with it) but i went to penzoil and i swear at 3k evertime it still has a nice brown color to it....hell after the first oil change after i seafoamed her, it sill looked like it came outta the bottle

Quick Reply: screw Mobil 1