General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Is GM getting rid of Pontiac ????

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 07:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PontiacSpeed91
If you really think about it...The muscle cars never left, the performance cars did, Cars like the Camaro, Mustang and stuff stayed around, they just lost HP numbers, but always kept fighting for the Top spot, heck the late 70's wars where a great time for the muscle cars, they sold incredibly well!

Cars like the Z28, T/a and Mustang where fighting along side cars like the Dodge Polara R/T ( i think) and Charger and stuff like that.

The 80's came around and even the Challenger made a return (yeah a little Mitsubishi car) but the name was back. The Charger was around...Well i guess my point is not too valid lol.

Yeah but my point is the pollution laws killed the performance so they were muscle cars in name only. Mid/late seventies SBC's were putting out under 200FWHP in many instances. WTF that's no muscle lol....... Cars today like ours and some others are right there performance wise with many of the famed 60's era musclecars

Yeah I remember that little 80's Charger haha
Old 01-26-2009, 03:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe if gm got rid of one of their 15 new cross over vehicles they could keep a whole company. whatever is goin in deep inside gm is not working. im a chevy guy to the death, but my opinion is there are corrupt politics or greedy people inside the company controlling everything and not worrying about the public what so ever.

as far as the value topic.............i can only predict collectors editions or versions of the cars that they made the least of (such as hard tops, or certain color options combo cars) to be worth anything in the later years. your run of the mill z28 or formula with be like every other 67-69 chevelle or camaro worth 10 g's with non factory motors in them-----just like most of our modded ones hehehehe