General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Live in NC...could be moving to Cali...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Live in NC...could be moving to Cali...

So here’s my thing, I live in NC with my mom little sister and my now Prego GF. I know I sound like a loser and a strait bum, but I have lived on my own but my best friend turned out to be a BIG douche when I lived with him, lol go figure...he drives a Mustang that has like 250hp and thinks it’s got 550... Anyhow here’s my dilemma....

About to leave for the Marines around the end of May, like I said I live in NC...I would LOVE to live in Cali (or west coast period) after I get out of boot camp cause my girl is originally from there and she misses it so much and would love to go back and I’m sick of NC, lived here all my life...about to be 21 years in May! I'm sick of NC!!!! BUUUUUUUUUUT I have a Trans am that is my 2nd love and I can’t get rid of her...how hard is it to ship her to Cali from ****** NC...? or do yall think I should sell her and get a newer nicer one once in Cali, only problem with that is Wifey/GF is prob not going to like that idea so much w baby on the way...so wtf would you guys do
Old 02-20-2009, 09:54 AM
Teching In

get a new girl friend....just kidding, man up and do whats best for your child.when my wife got pregnant i remember being freaked out. i wasn't happy about it at all....until he was born. the minute i laid eyes on him it was all ok.sold my 95 procharged z28 to better my family situation. i went 5 years with out an f-body until 2weeks ago. now i have 2000 z28 that i found on this site. went to the drag strip last sunday first pass was 7.85. my son is 8 now and loves it.so now the stroker build starts.. keep the baby number one and everything else will work out. i promise you that nothing else matters but the well being of your new and coming family. the car can be replaced anytime.. who knows the next one might even be better. fellow nc er myself. good luck in the military and to your new family. it will be the coolest thing of all as long as you are ready. thanks for your service to this country
Old 02-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Staging Lane

thank for the advice bro, i thought about selling it and that being the best way but shes a little on the rough side right now, needs front bumper repainted(got it off currently) and i jsut bought a headlight cause i lost that in a fight with a deer, lol. Couple other minor BS stuff too, im just worried i wont have enought time to fix her and get a decent penny out of her b4 i leave so GF can be ok when im gone, she'll be living with her mom while im at bot camp but I want to be the one providing for her and baby, not her mom...even if im miles away and cant talk 2 her, lol...i can go w.o a f-body forsure as long as i got a dragstrip near lol. anyway i think i might go that route, thanks man.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:28 AM
On The Tree

is the car paid for? if it was id keep it in storage in NC and have it shipped to you when youre financially stable after having the kid. but if you really need the money for the kid, id sell it. kid should be your first priority.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Staging Lane

Yea, Ill probably just end up keeping it in storage cause like I said b4 idk if ill get her fixed up in time to sell her b4 I go and I don’t want my girl having to **** with all that BS. I'm not in dire need for the money yet, so when I get back from boot camp if I need to I will sell her I guess…I’m pretty much playing it by ear right now and w/e happens, happens. I just know I’m ready and need to go to the military so I can stop working dead end jobs and start a reliable career and provide for my baby and my girl, cause my kids DEFINETLY going to have a better childhood than I did that’s for damn sure! My dad was a lousy drunk that didn’t do **** and treated my mom like total crap and she had a heart attach and was so close to dying and he still treated her like ****, so about a year ago we all got in a big argument he pushed my sister hit my girl and tried 2 hit my moms so I beat his *** and got a restraining order on him so he couldn’t come around anyone cause next time I may not be able to stop punching him…

Thanks for the advice man.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

the marine corps will pay for the move once you get assigned a permanent duty station. that should be the least of your worries. your biggest decision is whether you're ready to commit to your girl or not. as an E-1 private or E-2 PFC you don't make much money at all. after taxes you'll probably be looking at around $500-$600 twice a month. if you get married you will get extra money for housing, food, etc. but you will not get that extra money without being married. if you want to live with her in california without getting married she better be able to find a good job. property value near camp pendleton or miramar is much higher than NC.
so i think the real question is whether you're ready for marriage or not because the money won't be there from the marine corps if you're not. so you have some big decisions to make. i've been a marine for almost 5 years and i've seen several marriages fail first hand. so be sure you're making the right choice. keep you head up in boot camp, don't take what the drill instructors say personally their job is to train you. and good luck with your girlfriend/child and career in the marine corps.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

The corps wont pay to move it once you got to a new duty station when reporting to your first duty if you want the car there its on you, now if you were pcs moving from one duty station to the next they might depending on the situation. Like the guy above said unless you get married a E-1 E-2 type makes nothing with out getting BAH and BAS so if you like her enough think you are ready, get married. But dont do it just to get paid. I shipped my wifes car from california I am stationed in lemoore and shipped it to Kansas city it cost about a thousand bucks. What I would do is after you get out of boot camp you are allowed to take leave to go back home I would just drive my car from home to my first duty station thats what alot of people do. Thats if you really want to keep it or you can sell it. But if you have a car already that you really like I would keep it because where ever you get stationed you will need a car and it helps if you have a car that already paid off so that you dont have to get a new one and be paying that off since you make so little money. You can do that money to do more important things like do stuff for your kid or something.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:43 PM
NKAWTG...N

Not GenLsX related.