General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

checking to see the interst of a "Burnout kit" ....

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 01:49 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as for the windwhield whiper i had thought about that but seems to be more trouble than its worth.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:54 PM

Seems like a good idea, but a bit to ricerish to be of any real use. IMO.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1BAD_LS1
as for the windwhield whiper i had thought about that but seems to be more trouble than its worth.
how would that be more difficult? the tank is already mounted, the wires ran for the pump, the switch is already there but an aux. one could be ran....all your really doing is extending the hose

dont get me wrong I like your idea, but maybe make a kit that alters the items already on the car that way you can sell the kit for less & also keep a "factory look"....just throwing that out there
Old 03-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by crossroads
how would that be more difficult? the tank is already mounted, the wires ran for the pump, the switch is already there but an aux. one could be ran....all your really doing is extending the hose

dont get me wrong I like your idea, but maybe make a kit that alters the items already on the car that way you can sell the kit for less & also keep a "factory look"....just throwing that out there
I understand what your saying man i just dont like the idea of messing with the stock pump, swith, and lines....

you would either have to spray your tires and winshield at the same time or lose your windshiled washer sprayers....

you are right it would be rather simple to do it that way but i use my windshild washer to much as i am sure others do.

I appreciate the input though!
Old 03-04-2009, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1BAD_LS1
I understand what your saying man i just dont like the idea of messing with the stock pump, swith, and lines....

you would either have to spray your tires and winshield at the same time or lose your windshiled washer sprayers....

you are right it would be rather simple to do it that way but i use my windshild washer to much as i am sure others do.

I appreciate the input though!
very good point....I guess im used to not having the squirters since the previous owners cut the tubes

but im sure you could make a few bucks once you have the kit together...have you picked out the type of pump & stuff?
Old 03-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by crossroads
very good point....I guess im used to not having the squirters since the previous owners cut the tubes

but im sure you could make a few bucks once you have the kit together...have you picked out the type of pump & stuff?
==========================
We did this back in the late 70s.

We would take a metal gas tank 3-4 gallons, mount it in the trunk and get an extra electric fuel pump and take some hose. Put a "T" in the line and run it run each side to the tops of the wheel wells. Put a toggle switch beside your seat of somewhere else out of the way.

Hit your switch for a few seconds with Bleach, water, (And there was something else that it made it just a wee bit slick) I can't remember exactly what, however at stop lights you could pull up beside someone, lock the front tires, and when the wind was right, fill their whole car up with smoke. It was a blast if you were careful.

The Cops didn't care for it that much though. Never could figure that out. It was awfully cool. In fact on a still night with a decently long light, you could literally fill the intersection with thick white smoke.

If you really wanted things to smoke you could pump in a bit of (I think we used transmission fluid) into the carburetor and you would also have billowing white smoke from the tail pipes as well. (I'll call up some of my old friends as see what it was ). I hadn't thought about it in years, but it would smoke the **** out of the whole area. The fun never ceased.

The fuel pumps will kick out the liquid pretty fast you so can get a good amount down quickly and get to burning.

Hope this help.

Ty
Old 03-04-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

hmm dont know if id buy it but its an interesting ideas, ill be watching for the videos.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

i wouldnt buy it bc i could make one myself but i will watch the video
Old 03-06-2009, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
it was a factory option on chevelles back in the day believe it or not

made for spraying "traction compound" in northern states for winter driving...very very rare, I've never seen one only the brochure materials

it was either 69 or 70 model year IIRC
I think i heard some 1st gen camaros did too.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dr. Pepper works
Old 03-07-2009, 01:17 AM
On The Tree

What happened to a bottle of water? That is a cool idea though.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Cool idea. No thanks on the weight addition though....
Old 03-07-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Regular

This device was developed by GM & was listed as RPO V75..Marketed under the name "liquid tire chain" in 1969.It was available in A & F bodies..Maybe others as well
I remember seeing the old brochure pics of it.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BYE RICE
This device was developed by GM & was listed as RPO V75..Marketed under the name "liquid tire chain" in 1969.It was available in A & F bodies..Maybe others as well
I remember seeing the old brochure pics of it.
are you serious?? I'd like to see that. Reminds me of the cb package on the 1980s corvettes, you can't find those things on the option lists anymore.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:20 PM
TECH Regular

I tried to google the picture from the brochure..But nothing came up..I think they have a pic of it in the Camaro White Book.
It struck me as a bit gimmicky..Others apparently felt the same way..Only 188 Camaros in 1969 were ordered with it.

Last edited by BYE RICE; 03-07-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tyoneal
==========================
We did this back in the late 70s.

We would take a metal gas tank 3-4 gallons, mount it in the trunk and get an extra electric fuel pump and take some hose. Put a "T" in the line and run it run each side to the tops of the wheel wells. Put a toggle switch beside your seat of somewhere else out of the way.

Hit your switch for a few seconds with Bleach, water, (And there was something else that it made it just a wee bit slick) I can't remember exactly what, however at stop lights you could pull up beside someone, lock the front tires, and when the wind was right, fill their whole car up with smoke. It was a blast if you were careful.

The Cops didn't care for it that much though. Never could figure that out. It was awfully cool. In fact on a still night with a decently long light, you could literally fill the intersection with thick white smoke.

If you really wanted things to smoke you could pump in a bit of (I think we used transmission fluid) into the carburetor and you would also have billowing white smoke from the tail pipes as well. (I'll call up some of my old friends as see what it was ). I hadn't thought about it in years, but it would smoke the **** out of the whole area. The fun never ceased.

The fuel pumps will kick out the liquid pretty fast you so can get a good amount down quickly and get to burning.

Hope this help.

Ty
Damn i wish i lived in the 70s. Sounds like a lot of fun, with gas and tires as cheap as they were, and all the badass cars that were out back then.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FiFdYnUtz
would it be able to spray vht? i have heard of some people rigging up vht sprayers on their street cars around here...
I know a guy who used to fill his Windshield washer reservoir with vht and ran lines to to the back tires. Pretty sweet if you ask me
Old 03-10-2009, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

still waiting on some videos....
Old 03-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Restricted User

sorry i haven't been on in a few days... my grandpa had a "mini" stroke friday and has been in the hospital. Things are gonna be delayed for a while....

He is getting better day by day though!

thanks,

Blaine

Quick Reply: checking to see the interst of a "Burnout kit" ....