General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Stupid kid

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont care how much you guys think these cars are collectable, they wont be worth that much down the road. Plus if you have changed anything, i mean anything on the car then the collectability is gone. Its not a 200,000 hotrod guys, most are worth under 15,000.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:15 AM
On The Tree

That reminds me of when I was working at a GM dealership, and this kid bought a brand new 20th anniversary TA. A week later he brings it back for service with decals all over tha back window and covered with mud. Looked like he took it 4 wheelin. The GN he traded in on it looked like it had been lived in, and the turbo was toast. I hate to think about how that car ended up.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:22 AM
On The Tree

If it is the DD, can't really change it now. I drove my t/a about halfway into december of a PA winter before getting my beater, now mind you it didn't snow yet, but penndot was out putting down sinders(*?). It is not the end of the world, or something that can not be repaired.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:13 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by link138
If it is the DD, can't really change it now. I drove my t/a about halfway into december of a PA winter before getting my beater, now mind you it didn't snow yet, but penndot was out putting down sinders(*?). It is not the end of the world, or something that can not be repaired.
Same here, my T/A was my DD up until I finally bought a beater Dec. 18 and it went into the garage Dec. 22. The T/A is now back to DD status (well as soon as the clutch is done) since my beater spun a bearing.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Its just a car to that owner...At least he gets to enjoy it versus someone who has a ride that has low miles and never gets driven. Then one day it gets taken for a ride and BAM get nailed in a accident...now what is it worth...

just my .02
Old 04-21-2009, 01:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

it sad to see this but maybe he bought the car beat to **** and thats the way hes going to keep it until he can fix it. idk just making an excuse
Old 04-21-2009, 04:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats his daily driver. His garage queen is an Enzo
Old 04-22-2009, 02:07 AM
HWI
TECH Enthusiast

I lived in New England for a while, I never drove my car once it started snowing. I'll drive it in the rain anyday, but snow is a different story.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:56 AM
TECH Resident

I dont see the big deal with driving your car in the rain. I live in Orlando, it rains every month all year. But **** that salt and stuff. Man, I would freak out
Old 04-22-2009, 09:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Car is a car, hell my viper had a crack on the lower portion of the front bumper because of something in the road.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car is my daily driver. It sees all sorts of weather. Some people would flip out over this but lets be honest, these cars are only worth so much. It's not like I'm driving an old muscle car that was just restored around in the snow. It's a car. It's my daily driver. It's my daily driver because its what I enjoy driving. If I wanted a shitty beater car, I could have had one, I'd rather enjoy the car I'm driving instead of lugging around in some crappy 4-banger that I can't stand to be in.

Maybe you guys should get an extra camaro/trans am to drive around in as your daily. Best of both worlds. You get your garage queen and your daily driver fun without any disadvantage.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

I only drive mine when its snowing or raining out, if its sunny the TA stays in the garage.....UV rays are a killer.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ironxcross
My car is my daily driver. It sees all sorts of weather. Some people would flip out over this but lets be honest, these cars are only worth so much. It's not like I'm driving an old muscle car that was just restored around in the snow. It's a car. It's my daily driver. It's my daily driver because its what I enjoy driving. If I wanted a shitty beater car, I could have had one, I'd rather enjoy the car I'm driving instead of lugging around in some crappy 4-banger that I can't stand to be in.

Maybe you guys should get an extra camaro/trans am to drive around in as your daily. Best of both worlds. You get your garage queen and your daily driver fun without any disadvantage.
Exactly, I drive my Firehawk every day. Why would I pay for a car I didn't want? But then again, I drove all winter this year because MI decided that we're too poor to salt our roads. They didn't even start plowing off/on ramps till nearly January. Wherever you live, preventative maintenance is the only way to keep your car healthy.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 596 Likes on 473 Posts

I disagree. If you can afford to purchase and insure one of these cars, how can you not afford to spend $500-1000 for a beater to drive thru winter? I drove all the way from Michigan to North Carolina to buy my Formula and as soon as snow gets dusted on the ground, it's up until spring. I buy a beater every winter and sell it in the spring for a profit. Doesn't matter how much you wash it or detail it, if you drive it in salt, IT WILL RUST. For those of you who don't think these cars will be worth anything in the future, that's what all the guys said back in the 60's when they were molding fender flares onto a 1 of 602 '67 Z-28, or driving their '69 GTO Judge all winter long.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not saying it won't rust or any of that. I'm saying I'd simply rather daily drive my camaro instead of a piece of ****.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Car is a car, hell my viper had a crack on the lower portion of the front bumper because of something in the road.
you mean your daddy's viper.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yall are rediculous. Don't get me wrong, I love my Ws6 and think ceta's are pretty sweet. However, they are just ******* F-bodys at the end of the day. Stop acting like its a vintage ferrari.

Lets be honest. The cars are relatively cheap. We are only talking like $10-13ks for one that is in pristine condition. I bought mine for $17K back in 2005.... so I think that ceta is worth (maximum) $15k, but in all reality would be suprised if it was worth more than $12k.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish you guys would hurry up and finish destroying your cars so that mine will be the last one in the world left!

Just sh!ttin you guys, it is a shame. I bet he has no idea what he has there. Or he has 10 Vippers in his three story garage and this is his beeter car! I just got finished pulling a bunch of stuff off one here just like that one. I could not believe what all they had done to this car here. I am trying to help the new owner get it back to original. It only has 28000 miles on it and someone put a 9inch under the rear end, a supercharger, destroyed the T-56, painted the interior plastic different colors, man it is crazy what all was done to this car!
Old 04-25-2009, 02:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Texas_WS6
I wish you guys would hurry up and finish destroying your cars so that mine will be the last one in the world left!

Just sh!ttin you guys, it is a shame. I bet he has no idea what he has there. Or he has 10 Vippers in his three story garage and this is his beeter car! I just got finished pulling a bunch of stuff off one here just like that one. I could not believe what all they had done to this car here. I am trying to help the new owner get it back to original. It only has 28000 miles on it and someone put a 9inch under the rear end, a supercharger, destroyed the T-56, painted the interior plastic different colors, man it is crazy what all was done to this car!
Your car is #1j/k

Everyone is so flipped out about a dirty F-body, or if it has scratches on it.
phuckit, its a car, I enjoy mine, but its a phucking car. Its not now nor will it ever be in a museum.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:32 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,251 Posts

Originally Posted by 7901 WS6
Its just a car to that owner...At least he gets to enjoy it versus someone who has a ride that has low miles and never gets driven. Then one day it gets taken for a ride and BAM get nailed in a accident...now what is it worth...

just my .02
If everyone thought that way, there wouldn't be any nice vintage American cars left for people to enjoy 40-50 years after they were built. The idea isn't to "never" drive it, it's about being selective when you drive it. You can still put plenty of miles on a car while avoiding salt and even rain.

Originally Posted by Ironxcross
I'm not saying it won't rust or any of that. I'm saying I'd simply rather daily drive my camaro instead of a piece of ****.
Who ever said that your DD has to be a POS?

Quick Reply: Stupid kid