General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Stupid kid

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 12:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Who ever said that your DD has to be a POS?
No one, except my budget.

I'm just a poor college kid (well not really anymore) that enjoys driving a nice car.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:06 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,251 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironxcross
No one, except my budget.
Ah, well that's a different story then.

I enjoy driving F-bodies too. That's why I picked up a second one for DD duties that had already been exposed to bad weather for many years. No guilt there. Guess that's why I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything; one F-body stays a mint garage queen while I drive the **** out of my other F-body.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I knew whos car that is I would go shake his hand for actually driving it. I really dont see a point in having a nice car and not driving it. Its a piece of metal and for the most part cars depreciate, you cant take it with you when you die so might as well enjoy it as much as you can
Old 04-30-2009, 02:21 AM
TECH Addict

i DD my crotch rocket thru rain/sleet/snow cuz in the end its just a bike and who cares if its not practical!? Its not going to have it original re-sale anyway
These are performance cars and i dont care what they mean to you, a lot or next to nothing, they just arent practical all year (4 season) DD cars.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Launching!

yup i guess you coud say both my cars are garage queens the 01 comes out to play a couple times a month but the comp hardly ever moves but they're factory modified SLP cars, im hoping one day the comp will be like the old yenko camaros, plus its a 96 and its never been touched or wrecked car doesn't even have orange peel in the paint job it's one of the cleanest factory cars i've ever seen, i would cry if something happened to that car. i have an (07 chevy crew cab, 02 GMC(wifes trucks)), 97 f-150 lariat for a beater and she keeps on goin cause in houston with the roads and drivers we have here its not the friendliest place to lowered modified cars, plus traffic sucks when your in a six speed with a huge cam and an after market clutch. i bought my wife a fun truck 02 GMC in case the 07chevy i bought her breaks down, just so she wouldn't ask to drive one of my TA's.lolol plus now i have an excuss to mod the 02 GMC so she will come to the drag stip with me cause she has her little "hot rod" truck plus if the ford breaks i can drive the GMC. either way im not DD either one of my cars.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:28 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,251 Posts

Originally Posted by strokerblackhawk
car doesn't even have orange peel in the paint job it's one of the cleanest factory cars i've ever seen
I know what you mean about that. Not all factory paint jobs are created equal. My '98 is the same way, the factory paint is as smooth looking as glass, whereas on my '02 car you can see plenty of factory orange peel.

I'm one of the guys that enjoys having a garage queen or two. It's not about the monetary value though, as none of my cars are super rare or collectible. It's just that I like them to look their best for all the weekend cruise events, car shows, or just summer drives that I use them for. It's not like they never get driven, I just choose to keep them out of bad weather so they stay new looking for many years to come.

I agree that it's pretty much a waste to buy a car and literally put it in a bubble and never drive it. Unless you can afford to have a few fun/cool cars, and you're keeping the non-driver as a 100% collector showcar.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

It might be his only car. If it has 100k miles on it, it is worthless as a collector anyway. It should actually make the guys with low mileage, mint CETAs smile. There is one less valuable one out there.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know what you mean about that. Not all factory paint jobs are created equal. My '98 is the same way, the factory paint is as smooth looking as glass, whereas on my '02 car you can see plenty of factory orange peel.

I'm one of the guys that enjoys having a garage queen or two. It's not about the monetary value though, as none of my cars are super rare or collectible. It's just that I like them to look their best for all the weekend cruise events, car shows, or just summer drives that I use them for. It's not like they never get driven, I just choose to keep them out of bad weather so they stay new looking for many years to come.

I agree that it's pretty much a waste to buy a car and literally put it in a bubble and never drive it. Unless you can afford to have a few fun/cool cars, and you're keeping the non-driver as a 100% collector showcar.
I totally agree. When I was looking at buying a camaro last summer, a few I looked at had spots of rust when you open the hood & above the taillights when you open the hatch. Signs that someone drove the car in the snow. Well I didnt want that. The one I bought had none of those signs, very rust free car. These are fun cool cars, they quit making em 7 years ago so theyre not as abundant as they were & they shouldnt be driven in sloppy winter weather if you want to keep it in nice shape.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

If i were wealthy I would daily drive a Lamborghini. Does that make me stupid? Or does it make you stupid for having your car sitting in the garage half the year? I daily drive my z28 because I love it and I want to and when I'm older I will restore it and then buy a Vette' to daily drive.

It's a shame that some of these cars are garage queens or "nice weather only" cars.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

OMG NOOOO!!!!

are you ******* serious?? a ceta???!!!

get the gun....

goddamn rich *** spoiled kids....
Old 05-01-2009, 01:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Apoxi
If i were wealthy I would daily drive a Lamborghini. Does that make me stupid? Or does it make you stupid for having your car sitting in the garage half the year? I daily drive my z28 because I love it and I want to and when I'm older I will restore it and then buy a Vette' to daily drive.

It's a shame that some of these cars are garage queens or "nice weather only" cars.
Do what you want. My car was in storage for 3 1/2 months this winter. Hardly half the year. I dont need to drive mine all the time, I got more than 1 car. I do drive it quite a bit though, cant drive it if its raining right now cuz my DRs are close to bald I wouldve drove it today but it rained pretty hard, not really much fun getting on it on wet pavement. My car is FAR from being a garage queen, I just refuse to drive it in the slushy snowy weather. Whats the point? Its no fun to me, its not a snowmobile. My cavalier is a great lil snowmobile, it loves the snow. If you live in the snobelt, you will have to restore your Z cuz it will have plenty of rust on it Just about anyone here looking to buy an Fbody would want the rust free car compared to the one pictured being driven through the winter.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by billyb
you have to admit it to some ppl a car is a car period.
That's just it. Some people just see a vehicle no matter what it is as "just a car". Is there anything wrong with it? I guess not. It's their car and they can treat it how they want to but it does bring a little sadness to my heart when I see a rare or nice car filthy, banged up and neglected.

The hotel I stay at in Delray Beach FL is in an expensive part of town and has valet parking. Last time I was there there was a Bentley, a Lambo and a Ferrari parked out front. The Lambo looked like somebody lived in it. Soda bottles, trash and clothes EVERYWHERE.

I just shook my head and kept walking
Old 05-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats just sad.............
Old 05-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Apoxi

you know what in 20 years my "garage queen" is going to still look almost new and your car will probably be in a bone yard some where cause some fucktard t-boned you when you spun out going around a corner in the rain. I used to DD both of these cars and as soon as i got the money to put them away for a nice day you better beleive i did. the comp has never been wrecked and is 100% factory stock i even have the window sticker that came with the car. ohh yea it's also a 1 owner we've had it since it was brand new. my poor firehawk got wrecked 3 times before i got it off the road everyday. some cars are just luckier than others thats why i decided to go crazy with the firehawk and mod the hell out of it now i have a stock as a rock car and a hot rod. These cars were not meant to drive every day especially if you live in or near a major city thats why you dont see nearly as many of them around still looking as good as they did when they rolled off the showroom floor and the ones you do see either have their battle scars or they're just plain beat to hell. im not saying you cant do it but i know when i drove my car every day in houston it got pretty beat up and when i got in the last wreck i had the car painted and decided to put it in the garage thats my choice and i dont care how stupid some of yall think i am for doing it.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JimsWS6
Back a few months ago I was headed to the Y and couldn't believe my eyes. This is what I came across when I for there, some kid from NC. Cars trashed. A buddy of mine thought it was my brother at first, but our cars are garage queens.]
So your brand new, unused ****'s sitting rotting away, and this car is being used and rotting away. I thought all you guys moved here to Florida to **** and moan, typical new yorker, got their nose shoved straight up everyone elses ***. Mind your own ******* business.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by strokerblackhawk
you know what in 20 years my "garage queen" is going to still look almost new and your car will probably be in a bone yard some where cause some fucktard t-boned you when you spun out going around a corner in the rain.
I witnessed a nice Black TA of some sort wrap itself around a utility pole. Garage queen, the guy decided to take it out and run it one time, missed a stop sign and ran an intersection. Much to my surprise he got t boned running across traffic.
Garage queen, no insurance, quick ride around the block.
Guess what his window sticker is worth. Hell the guy himself is lucky to be alive.

So....20 years from now you get t boned. Then what.
Your memories of the car are going to consist of cleaning it and looking at it. Wow.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

i honestly like seeing this - it makes all of our clean f-bodies all the more rare
Old 05-04-2009, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2002CAMAROSSLS1T56
I witnessed a nice Black TA of some sort wrap itself around a utility pole. Garage queen, the guy decided to take it out and run it one time, missed a stop sign and ran an intersection. Much to my surprise he got t boned running across traffic.
Garage queen, no insurance, quick ride around the block.
Guess what his window sticker is worth. Hell the guy himself is lucky to be alive.

So....20 years from now you get t boned. Then what.
Your memories of the car are going to consist of cleaning it and looking at it. Wow.
yall are harsh as ****
Old 05-04-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2002CAMAROSSLS1T56
So your brand new, unused ****'s sitting rotting away, and this car is being used and rotting away. I thought all you guys moved here to Florida to **** and moan, typical new yorker, got their nose shoved straight up everyone elses ***. Mind your own ******* business.
Says the douche.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:08 AM
TECH Resident

Who ever said that your DD has to be a POS?
It doesn't have to be, but what a pain in the *** when you have a nice daily. I had a **** box that I didn't care about, now I have the infiniti and I have to park far away and stuff like that. I miss my real beater lol

Quick Reply: Stupid kid