General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

locked out

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 11:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FormulaZR
I have used a bent metal CB radio antenna and a grade stake and fished the key out of the ignition from the passenger side. Yes, I know it's unbelievable...but it works, and it's not that hard. All you have to do is bend something long enough to reach the ignition and hook the key ring or the key itself, you will have to make several bends along the way to get it right; you will also need a very small hook type bend on the end going for the key. Then just pull it to you...it's a helluva lot easier than trying to get the door handle, or hitting an unlock button that is dead. Seriously...takes less than 3 minutes, maybe 4 if you have to straighten the coat hanger first.
Unless the key is turned, especially if you have a locking mechanism to hold the key in.. But if you have it on a remote, you could hit the unlock button on it!
Old 05-13-2009, 11:55 PM
On The Tree

a guy i work with that has a v6 camaro locked his keys in the car so he just pried the door open with a crow bar. destroyed his door and quarter panel. it worked. but i wouldnt recommend it.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you only have 10 min from the time remove the keys to unlock the door via the power unlock button. after that, the electric door lock buttons dont work.

ive heard pulling back the windows a bit and slipping your hand through the window and unlatching the t-tops works
Old 05-14-2009, 07:08 AM
TECH Regular

i have unlocked mine a couple times with a coat hanger and going down in between the window and the piece of trim on the outside at the bottom of the window. then all you do is mess around with it until you find the correct bar to pull on it and it will unlock the door manually.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:34 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by slayerized6
you only have 10 min from the time remove the keys to unlock the door via the power unlock button. after that, the electric door lock buttons dont work.

ive heard pulling back the windows a bit and slipping your hand through the window and unlatching the t-tops works

^^^ I heard that the f-body windows can be pulled far enough to get a hand in there...wouldn't recommend it but possible...
Old 05-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for the advice guys i think ima try the coat hanger lol the keys are just setting the set but there is stuff on top of them erg, plus the battery is dead and the tops are locked ima deff make a spare door key after this
Old 05-24-2009, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

The one time I locked myself out of my car the local fire department came and unlocked it for free.

I was at a gas station and the fire department was just a block away. They knew my dad who also works for the fire department and unlocked it in a few minutes and I was on my way! lol
Old 05-25-2009, 02:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After watching a lockout guy do mine once I got the tools to do it, a rubber door stop and a piece of 1/8" metal dowel like 3' long is all you need, bend a 3 or 4" 90* in the end, wedge the back of the window gently so it has enough room, slide your hook in there and snap the manual lock forward. Takes less than 15 seconds, I did it for my buddy at work who has a camaro a few weeks ago.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

thanks that sound like a good idea
Old 06-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Banned

I ripped the **** outta my weather stripping trying to hit the unlock button, plus the button and door panel got all scratched up. The button is dead, for those who have not locked their keys in the car, go try it, lock yourself in the car and try pressing the button to unlock it.

I used a slim jim, and no I don't think crackheads are going to learn anything from this, slim jims have been around forever. The guy that loaned me one I thought was full of ****, I never even slim jimmed a car before but got it unlocked in under a minute.

A tool from the 70's unlocked a 2002, pretty sad.

Quick Reply: locked out