General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

DO NOT BUY 98 Red TA ON EBAY

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down DO NOT BUY 98 Red TA ON EBAY

I went to check the car out and the guy is a complete scam. The car was hit in the front, both fenders, hood and bumper replaced. Rear Driver side 1/4 was repainted also, couldnt tell if there was any bondo work done. Terrible Paint. The interior is in by far, the worst shape of any f-body i have seen other than in a junk yard. The rims are pitted, tires are near end of life. The upper rad hose was put on wrong, clamp halfway on the hose, and hose shoved all the way up to the block, not even clamped at the right spot. The car will not reach operating temperature. it stayed at about 140 the whole time idle, dropping low when driven and air was moving through rad. As far as i could tell, the thermostat housing/seal and water pump were original. Ran like the Tstat was stuck open. Also, he claimed the alternator was replaced, and as far as i could tell it was original due to the oxidation matching everything else on the car. The headlights do not work fine, the pass side has a broken "stop" switch, so when they go up and down, the motor doesnt stop spinning down at all. Both sideskirts are near falling off, the rear bumper was hit so hard it ripped the upper PS mount off the 1/4. Lots of scratches and scrapes on car. And either the suspension was crap or the exhaust was getting ready to fall off. Seats out of a 93+ TA not 98.

Even with all that we made him an offer he refused. Sensing a little scam goin on, i offered full asking price, and was refused. He said he was considering other offers. Who the hell offers more than asking price on a car? and refusing asking price in cash on the spot? Dont waste your time. Shortly after i went to see this, his cell number which was listed originally was disconnected, and now this guy is no where to be found. We looked at the car at a little garage/machine shop in Harrison NJ

On a side note, the engine ran well. Clean car fax. Stock exhaust, no mods done, and it was filthy from sitting a year. No Codes, but im assuming it hasnt run long enough for them to pop.

If anyone sees this guy selling it elsewhere please let me know so i can talk to interested parties, this jackass wasted 3 hours of my time today between driving and inspecting.

Ill email the Cfax to anyone that wants it, email me your email. oberth1@comcast.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...QQcmdZViewItem

original link i found
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=250445395353
Old 06-18-2009, 04:31 PM
TECH Addict

Well with it not having the correct front bumper should of told you something....
Old 06-18-2009, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sweet interior.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

the interior doesnt look that bad in the pics, aside from the fake wood ****??? so are you saying those pics are old or something??
Old 06-18-2009, 04:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by oberth1
Even with all that we made him an offer he refused. Sensing a little scam goin on, i offered full asking price, and was refused. He said he was considering other offers. Who the hell offers more than asking price on a car? and refusing asking price in cash on the spot?
Great scam! People offer money but you don't take it! Why didn't I think of that?!

Looked like the car was going for $2,800? If so, you get what you pay for.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

"so fast it will make you look like a blur" LMAO!!!!! well for 3k what do you expect
Old 06-18-2009, 04:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Whoever would put wood grain on a Firebird OR Camaro should be punched directly in the privates. It should read on the invoice just like this.....

Order
_____
Price xxxxx
Tax xxxxx
Shipping xxxxx
Punch to the Sac And/or Vajayjay FREE
Old 06-19-2009, 07:58 AM
Launching!

i think people misunderstood me. Its worth 2800. motor ran beautiful. Rest of car was absolute crap. I was just making sure no newbie on here started bidding on it with the hopes of it looking as good as the picture or description. Just needs a lot more TLC than the seller leads you to believe.

Thats not what the interior looked like when i saw it, when i was there it looked like someone fragged it with a dunkachino grenade. Crap spilled everywhere on carpet, cig burns and ash everywhere, leaves, mulch, dirt, dust, hell i had to wipe off the cluster to see the odometer. Looked like no one had ever touched the inside of it . All the ***** and buttons look like a shop mechanic with no gloves had handled them. Its amazing what you can do with a load of armor all
Old 06-19-2009, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

The pics of the car don't even look right, look at the front end. Always be cautious of someone who doesn't put pictures of all four sides.