General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Guys I need help over come this feeling.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009 | 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Guys I need help over come this feeling.

Few years ago I have a bad high speed wreck. I have no problem go over 100mph ( on a safe road ofcourse ). But after that wreck, I felt scary, I drive slow, im way too careful that, when ever I in the back some of one, I alway leave atleast 1 haft car length between them and I. if im go over 80mph im do not want go more than that. I am not street racer any more, Im going to the track for race only. I just wonder if any one here, have a wreck and have a same feeling as I am now. How do you over come that feeling, I mean I want get over that high speed scary feeling. Or im just getting old ? thanks
Old 08-01-2009 | 06:48 PM
On The Tree

First off, are you driving in America? Judging by your typing, first let's establish what country you're from.
Old 08-01-2009 | 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

I've been in the same situation where after a bad wreck you get a lil shell shocked... it's only normal but the best way to get over it is to face your fear
Old 08-01-2009 | 08:38 PM

I think this is one of those times where you just got to get back on that horse before the feelings will go away. I went through a similar thing with my 94. It was my only car from 18-24 so I thought I was solid with it. Hit a patch of black ice doing about 45mph and the rear slid out. Fought the car for about 100yds before having to lock up the brakes to stop the madness before oncoming traffic became an issue. Spun the whole car around atleast 3 times before it hit a pole and bounced off into a tree. After that accident while driving calmly along at 45 I couldn't even think of trying to drive aggressively. Every time the f body would feel light in the rear I slowed waaay down, which as you all know is any lane change over 40-50ish. It's been about 2yrs now and I am starting to come back around getting into modding and actually driving my car again. I am launching the car and holding gears to 6k again. I just push the car a little when ever I am feeling good about it and slowly it seems like it's all coming back. I haven't been over 70mph in 2yrs and it's about time for a change. I was never a street racer or even excessive speeder but I do love me some drag racing. It just feels like it's time for me to get back on that horse now and hopefully it will come to you as well.
Old 08-01-2009 | 09:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Get back in it man.

On a back road early sunday morning, set your self a limit. Do it in stages.

Stage 1: launch and go up to 80mph
Stage 2: same thing up to 90mph, until you get comfortable with the needle doing a nice clean sweep from 0 to 100mph.

Face your fear.
Old 08-01-2009 | 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I did that after my wreck. Just go on the interstate and easy it on up. I was going 110 without noticing. Just make sure you notice before you get pulled over.
Old 08-02-2009 | 02:22 AM
Staging Lane

his story is kinda like that of ricky bobbys.....just have ur dad put a cougar in the back of the car and drive fast!!!! hahah
Old 08-02-2009 | 02:24 AM
On The Tree

I never even go over 65 mph in my camaro lol. Im just a lazy driver.. I slap it in cruise control and just cruise. Once in a while i go on it a bit but my fear is blowing my engine since its getting high in mileage lol.
Old 08-02-2009 | 09:49 AM
TECH Junkie
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by 428 78T/A
First off, are you driving in America? Judging by your typing, first let's establish what country you're from.