General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

**plz help me!!!*** i need some info****

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **plz help me!!!*** i need some info****

I just got stop around an hour ago, an my car got towed away. the reason being that supposely the cop couldnt confirm that my car had insurance. he said he called the # on the insurance card an that it didnt existed. the only things is that there is no one in the insurance office at 10 pm so thats why no one answer his call, then he goes on to tell me that i showed him false documentation an that i could go to jail, that its a felony to do so. so i told him that i had gotten stop about 2 weeks ago an showed the same insurance card, an that the cop that had stop me had said nothing about it. well all that this cop said was that "doesnt matter im not him". then he goes on to search my car with out consulting me first, an comes back an tells me " i found mariguana ashes on the cup holder" i tell him no, i dont smoke its just trash. then he says " its ok just admitted ill just give you a ticket, an the amount of the ticket will just depend on how much you have. an if you do have some you will go to jail." at this moment im just thinking all he wants is to give me tickets an is making up stuff. so i tell him to go ahead an search the car that i dont have anything. so he goes on tells me "are you sure you know i can take you to jail if you have mariguana" i just said yes i know.
so he searches the car an finds nothing. thats when he gets mad cuz he cant find anything against me, just that dumbass excuse that he couldnt confirm my insurance. so he decides to say " well that i couldnt confirm that your car has insurance ima have to tow it. so they tow my car away. the thing that im thinking is that he was trying to meet end of month quota an just trying to give me a ticket for anything an everything. i just want to ask if that is legal to do, to take someones car just cuz he couldnt talk to anyone about it? my insurance is set for 6 months but yet he didnt care. is there anything i can do about this? he had nothing on me so decided to tow my car. an im leavin out so much other stuff that he did an was saying but i just dont have the time to post them right now. what do you guys think about all this? was he just out to give tickets no matter what? plzzzz just help me out, i know its kind of hard to understand my grammer an stuff, but plz just help.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

i think its bull **** go get a lawyer and go full force on him
Old 08-01-2009, 04:05 AM
Launching!

He wasn't a real cop.............your ride just got stolen
Old 08-01-2009, 08:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes they can tow without proof of ins in some states, this is what happenend to me
# 1 false tag on vehicle[from my truck, just bought car and hadnt transferred yet}
#2 didnt have updated ins card in vehicle,, automatic tow
now they could have stopped there but they had to be *****,
# 3 didnt update address on my liscense
# 4 no inspection sticker
# 5 i cant remember what # 5 was but that is 5 non moving violations at once,, they towed my fckn car
Old 08-01-2009, 10:19 AM
TECH Regular

1)Call your insurance company as soon as you can and square that away.
2)Go down to the impound lot and get your car back (yes, you're going to have to pay)
3)Sue to get compensated for the fee's, and/or emotional anguish

As for searching your vehicle without written consent. He will say he could see the "Ash" from outside making it a plain view search. However weak, it will still fly in court. Now rummaging through your vehicle without any written consent or a warrant... that would get the cop suspended.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

you should go check on ur car. If they towed it, it is to the impound lot. If you have proof of insurance u can get ur car. You will have to pay for the tow and one night storage. After you get your car go to the cop station and ask to talk to who ever is in charge. Get one of the small digital recorders and let them know that whaty ever they say is being recorded. This helps alot. Tell tell what happened. Say that you want to fill out a report and you want to get an investagation started. Be nice to them but make sure they take a report and you get a copy. They them you want to be repaid for the tow and storage.

BE NICE.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

what a ********........
Old 08-01-2009, 11:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

I pay for my insurance every 6 months and after I make the payment they send me a receipt showing the payment and the period that the insurance is valid for (proof of insurance). If you have the same thing, that should be enough to show as proof.

good luck
Old 08-01-2009, 12:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In your place, I would definitely sue him in small claims for all the money you are out. And file a formal complaint.

But since you list your location in what appears to be a small town, be prepared for non stop harrassment. In which case, invest in a recorder and keep a log of each time you get stopped. You will then have proof to take to an attorney, not just your word against theirs. Just don't get smart with them trying to get a rise out of them.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

Seriously, was he a real cop or did you just get jacked? Go to the impound yard and see if your cars there, get it back and sue the **** outta him.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 507 Likes on 366 Posts

Many states have laws that allow for impoundment. He may have been doing his job. People out after midnight get treated much differently than people out at noon. A very alarmimg percentage of drivers out after midnight have impaired abilities to drive from either drugs or alcohol. Cops that work the night shift get very cynical. It doesn't mean he was right or that the action taken was necessary. If he was wrong (do your phone calls and research) then make a formal complaint with the department. Even small town departments have a complaint procedure. You may be doing someone else a favor in the future. If he was within the scope of his duties, then fix the issues at hand and hopefully it will not happen again.